Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: 360 Slim  (Read 2117 times)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
360 Slim
« on: March 17, 2010, 07:16:43 am »

Read blog article:

Kotaku
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

MasterChief63

• fire your guns, it's time to run, BLOW ME AWAY
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
Re: 360 Slim
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 07:25:05 am »
hahaha yun naman pala eh, if this is real then ill wait for it to come out to get a 2nd xbox hehehe

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:29:33 am »
hahaha yun naman pala eh, if this is real then ill wait for it to come out to get a 2nd xbox hehehe

Heard they're ditching the HDD altogether or else saan ilalagay? USB port then external HDD hehe SOLD SEPARATELY AS USUAL  laffman:: anyway rumor pa lang naman
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 07:31:18 am »
more wood to the fire:

Microsoft puts out add(last week) for Engineers that will work on the new 360 slim?

Job Category: Hardware Engineering
Job ID: 714897
Product: Xbox Home
Division: Entertainment & Devices Division

Motherboard Design Engineer
Job Description
The Xbox 360 Console development team is seeking qualified candidates for an Electrical Engineer. The responsibilities of this position are focused on specifying, designing (schematic capture, PCB layout, BOM, cost analysis), implementing and verifying the mother-board and other various sub-system boards that make up the XBOX 360 product line. This work includes development of requirements and evaluating different solution for functionality, cost, and risk. The subsystems on the XBOX 360 mother board include (but are not limited to): High speed busses (front side bus, memory bus, PCIe bus, SATA bus, USB bus, I2S, etc.), memory, Ethernet, audio/video, system clocking, power and thermal management, and misc. analog/digital circuitry.
The XBOX 360 Console Development team is responsible for aggressive cost reduction of the console throughout the life of the product as well as expanding the market for the console in derivative products. The position involves working closely with industrial designers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, test engineers, component engineers, and program managers.

Qualifications:
Minimum BS/MS in Electrical Engineering
Minimum of 4 years experience contributing to the design and production of complex products in the consumer PC or consumer electronic industry.
A solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
Familiarity with PC, embedded system architectures hardware and software, experience with implementation of high speed serial busses (SATA, PCIe, USB) and/or high speed parallel busses such as: memory bus (DDR2, GDDR3, etc.), CPU front side bus, Hyper transport, and/or voltage regulator/power delivery design a plus.
Design for manufacturing and test experience is required.
Strong bench evaluation and in-lab debugging skills are required.
Strong communication skills required. Including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment.
The ability to comprehend and assimilate technical concepts across multiple disciplines is a plus.
Enthusiastic, motivated and self driven.
Domestic and international travel may be required.

MasterChief63

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 254
  • FINISH THE FIGHT...
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 07:33:51 am »
Heard they're ditching the HDD altogether or else saan ilalagay? USB port then external HDD hehe SOLD SEPARATELY AS USUAL  laffman:: anyway rumor pa lang naman

i smell built in NAND Flash storage(sana) ala SSD pero built in sa MoBo haha

sana wag na nila kasi gawin yung tulad sa 360Phat nanasa labas and may casing pa yung HD sana like PS3 na nasa loob na lang to cut down on sppace or use one of the new 1.8" HDDs hehe