Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Ateneo UAAP CHAMPION FOR 2008  (Read 4207 times)

HeLL_Vhoy

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • PaG WalaNg SuMbUnGeRo WaLaNg PakiAlamero
    • http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/0603/anime/?action=view&current=narutogang1.gif
Re: Ateneo UAAP CHAMPION FOR 2008
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2008, 07:21:21 am »
Kurukutow, I would have believed your opinions kaya lang nawala pagka-objectivity mo sa dulo.

I think ateneo deserved the win but definitely some calls were really bad, to cite one, there was a play where tiu was bringing down the ball in the baseline guarded by malabes. Tiu inadvertently hit his head with his elbow but still a foul was called on malabes.

So was jai reyes' flop which resulted to the last foul of casio. As far as Maierhoffer is concerned, I think school sanctions should be given to him if he really did what he did. Otherwise, La salle should ask for an apology from the UAAP official, who called it, without contesting the win. That's a serious accussation no matter what game is being played.

The rivalry is roaring. I think La Salle's fury next season will fire up their first meeting with Ateneo.

BTW: La Salle was courageous enough to admit the whole ineligible player scandal, in fact they could have hide it simply by paying the right people. In fact, said admission came at a very inauspicious time when DLSU published its official stance against Pres. GLORIA. Ateneo and UST are not all innocent. UST fielded Jojo Duncil and the Ateneo coaching staff feverishly tried to suit up Bughao were it not for some alumni' criticism of the risky move. 

As far as Maierhoffer is concerned, I think school sanctions should be given to him if he really did what he did. Otherwise, La salle should ask for an apology from the UAAP official, who called it, without contesting the win. That's a serious accussation no matter what game is being played.  -  do you think la salle will give disciplinary actions on him?? And your in the middle of the game. Hindi maiiwasan ang trash talk sa ganyang laban. Kaya ang napipikon laging talo.. Kahit nga murahin mo yung referee tech foul na yun, pano na lang sa kalaban mo? as if naghahamon ka na ng away pag ganun.

do you think DLSU would ask for an apology e after nga ng game nun ibibigay na yun mga medals at trophy nila e hindi nga sila lumabas sa dug out nila diba?
Born to fight, Trained to kill, Ready to die, But never will I

sixty9

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2008, 07:47:54 am »
hay nako, mga referee talaga, maling mali talaga ung tawag ng ref kay maierhofer, basta nalang xa tatawag, ndi nman nya nkita kung middle finger nga ung nakataas chka baket naman gagawin yun ni maierhofer, buti sana kung deadball, bulsyet na mga bayaran na referee yan, angsarap ilagay sa kumukulong pera.. syet! talo 2loy aq sa pustahan.. bwahahahahha..

freestyledude

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2008, 08:32:19 am »
Congrats Blue Eagles! 'till next time.  toast::

Bill Clinton

• Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 237
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 09:50:52 am »

Congrats pa din sa mga tiga 'Terneo. They still made the shots and worked hard din naman. My gripe is with the Refs. Wala naman mararating ang mga reklamo, di rin naman ma prove. Pero ang mga viewer na ang bahala na nakakita. I know an Atenean na sinabi na kinakahiya niya school niya sa nangyari. Opinion niya yun, ako naman inis lang ako sa refs. It ain't bad to lose, we had our runs, the tally of bball championships isn't even a contest kung Ateneo and La Salle pag uusapan.

Siguro it just shows na malaki talaga returns pag malaki investment mo.  :D

Parang commercial ng Benetton nung 90's yung team. Hehe
"I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky."

soul_booster

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 10:12:43 am »
haha.  :D

kaya lahat ng tao nagdududa. cno ba ang commisioner ng UAAP ngayon? baka may pwede siya magpaliwanag sa refereeing.  :D

sa  dami ba naman ng mga sinuspend niang ref, eh credibility ng officiating sa UAAP eh medyo nkakapagtaka na.

paano ba pinili ang magrerefferee sa final four and finals?

as much as i am concerned, depende tlga un kung gaano kalapit ung ref sa pagtawag kay rico ng teknikal. kasi tight tlga ung situation. eh ung pagkakapanood ko sa tv lahat ng tao gulat sa tawag.

kung ganun, ung ref lng ba ang nakakita?

and kay rico, wats the necessity to give a middle finger to rabeh eh alam nia na may isa na siyang teknikal dat caused him na maupo sa first half? kung ginawa nga nia un, isasanction siya ng dlsu for doing that. and he will be asked to have a public apology sa ginawa nia. and la salle will apologize publicly, just like they did nung inegibility scandal that resulted sa forfeiture nung 2004 crown and ung runner-up trophy.

and kung tight tlga, wat can the people say about the second motion of tiu kay malabes na walnag tinawag?

the refs should be heard and dapat magexplain.

its more than the la salle-admu rivalry. this topic is more on the credibility of the league.

next season, mas maigi na mapagtuunan ng pansin ang officiating para wala na masabi sa laban at yung mga asaran eh wla ng personalan. :D

one thing: minsan panapanahon lng. kung panahon ng ateneo, ganun tlga. remember the 4peat of lasalle? kung panahon ng iba, wala tau magagawa. para lng yan sa nba eh, nagrerebuild ang mga teams.

p.s.

kung magproprotesta la salle, wag na ituloy.
KASI DI LNG NATATAPOS SA COURT ANG MGA ALLEGED "DAYA".
baka pati sa mga UAAP board eh meron yan.
kasi ang alam ko eh may gagastusin pang bayad pag nagfile ng case.

kaya tip ko, wag na lng.

we all know where it will go.  :D baka lumalim pa ang bangayan.

well, to ateneo, congrats sa inyo.  music::
malakas tlga sila and based on their strength, its a MUST to win the trophy.

to la salle: superb heart and determination! especially kay casio. wala sila dapat ikahiya, kasi they have a gallant stand til the end. the never say die attitude.

kurukutow

• A lover not a fighter
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
  • I'll hump you real hard!
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 10:41:51 am »
paid game

gutom na kasi admu ng title since we thomasians kicked their asses last season 69...................................

Ano ngang place niyo uli this season? Don't dwell in the past bro. Nung nag-champion kayo, di  sumigaw ng luto ang Ateneo.

Laro lang 'to bro, pag talo, talo.  Bawi na lang next time. yearly naman may UAAP e.

'Til next season na lang uli? Kick Ateneo's asses na lang uli like you did in Season 69? So since season 71 ngayon at ateneo ang champion, pwede bang Ateneo muna ang magsabing "we kicked UST's ass this season?

Bawi ka na lang next year baka kayo naman mag-champion. Ayus ba? This year, Ateneo muna at wag muna sawsaw ha?

Peace bro!

hippo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 04:08:35 am »
Kurukutow, I would have believed your opinions kaya lang nawala pagka-objectivity mo sa dulo.

I think ateneo deserved the win but definitely some calls were really bad, to cite one, there was a play where tiu was bringing down the ball in the baseline guarded by malabes. Tiu inadvertently hit his head with his elbow but still a foul was called on malabes.

So was jai reyes' flop which resulted to the last foul of casio. As far as Maierhoffer is concerned, I think school sanctions should be given to him if he really did what he did. Otherwise, La salle should ask for an apology from the UAAP official, who called it, without contesting the win. That's a serious accussation no matter what game is being played.

The rivalry is roaring. I think La Salle's fury next season will fire up their first meeting with Ateneo.

BTW: La Salle was courageous enough to admit the whole ineligible player scandal, in fact they could have hide it simply by paying the right people. In fact, said admission came at a very inauspicious time when DLSU published its official stance against Pres. GLORIA. Ateneo and UST are not all innocent. UST fielded Jojo Duncil and the Ateneo coaching staff feverishly tried to suit up Bughao were it not for some alumni' criticism of the risky move. 

Rebut ko lang arguments mo.

1. Chris Tiu was already tagged by Malabes with a forearm even before Tiu extended his arm to repel the latter. Therefore, there was already a foul on Malabes even before the extension. At most, that would only be a second motion.

2. With regard to Casio's final foul, it could have been a no-call. However, Casio lowered his shoulder and accompanied it with a forearm extension (if you don't belive me, watch the replay). Jai simply sold the call to the referees, making it obvious that Casio indeed lowered his shoulder and extended his forearm.

3. I highly doubt it if Maierhoffer will get a school sanction. DLSU players, and even staff from the past have been in far worse situations than that (i.e. Ex-Manager Manny Salgado sucker-punching Arwind Santos, Brian Ilad sucker-punching Fampulme, the entire DLSU bench charging towards former Blue Eagles players in the patron seats during the 2003 F4). Maierhoffer should have known that the referees were really, I MEAN REALLY, calling the game tight and such a mental lapse shouldn't have happened. If there was someone who needs to be sanctioned by the school, it should be LA Revilla for doing the tasteless and FOUL "bang-bang" sign towards Baracael in the F4 match-up against FEU.

Now, with regard to the fouls, which Pumanget is whining about (since DLSU had 29 fouls compared to Ateneo's 13), the contrast in defensive styles should be put into perspective. Ateneo thrives on a half-court lockdown defense which requires lots of switches and help defense -- playing defense with their feet. On the other hand, DLSU thrives on their full-court press which is very susceptible to shoving, handchecks, and reach-ins -- playing defense with their arms. Also, during the 4th quarter, it is readily apparent that Pumanget told his boys to give the Ateneo ballhandlers rough defense; and since the refs were already calling the game very tightly, it's but natural to hear multiple whistles called against them.

With regard to ineligibility issues, Ronnie Bughao was not allowed to play because of the "7 years out of high school rule" which provides that a student can no longer play in the UAAP if it has been already 7 years since he graduated from high school. I'm not so sure regarding the issue on UST's Jojo Duncil. Now, with regard to Benitez and Gatchalian, yes it is true that DLSU admitted of fielding ineligible players. HOWEVER, there have been already reports circulating that time that an exposé will be launched against a UAAP school regarding fielding ineligible players. It seems that DLSU just admitted to such fact in order to lessen the blow that may come from said exposé.

Also, to those who are trying to build up conspiracy theories regarding Narvasa and NABRO, please get a life. It is the UAAP Board which decides on who will be the referees for the season. For your information, only Ateneo and two other schools voted to replace NABRO. The other 5 member schools, INCLUDING LA SALLE, voted for NABRO. LA SALLE WAS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY NABRO BECAME THE UAAP REFEREES FOR SEASON 71.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:23:35 am by hippo »