Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Yes! magazine Philippines’ 50 Most Powerful People in Showbiz  (Read 7339 times)

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • LIGHTS... CAMERA... SHOW TIME...
ANY COMMENTS dyan kung sino ang di masama at sa ka yung masama....  ::dontflame

26 entertainers and 24 executives make up the list of Yes! magazine Philippines’ 50 Most Powerful People in Showbiz in 2008.

Entertainers Category:

1. Willie Revillame
2. Kris Aquino
3. John Lloyd Cruz
4. Robin Padilla
5. Marian Rivera
6. Richard Gutierrez
7. Dingdong Dantes
8. Ai-Ai delas Alas
9. Piolo Pascual
10. Joey de Leon
12. Sharon Cuneta
13. Judy Ann Santos
14. Sarah Geronimo
15. Toni Gonzaga
19. Bea Alonzo
20. KC Concepcion
21. Senator Bong Revilla
22. Manny Pacquiao
23. Ruffa Gutierrez

Executives Category:

1. Eugenio ‘Gabby’ Lopez III (ABS-CBN) and Atty. Felipe Gozon (GMA-7)
2. Charo Santos-Concio (ABS-CBN)
3. Cory Vidanes (ABS-CBN)
4. Annette Gozon-Abrogar (GMA-7)
5. Malou Santos (ABS-CBN)
9. Deo Endrinal (ABS-CBN)
10. Johnny Manahan (ABS-CBN)
11. Boy Abunda (ABS-CBN)
12. Lolit Solit (GMA-7)
20. Ricardo ‘Ricky’ Lee

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

brucewayne

• the capecrusaider
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • isang Finger ka lang!
masama as i bad? o masama (makasama)  as in to be included?... ;D

no idea.  smoking::

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
masama as i bad? o masama (makasama)  as in to be included?... ;D
no idea.  smoking::

hahahaa... di ko napansin ito ha... MAKASAMA pala... thanks bruce

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Waa! No Vic Sotto? Talo ang Eat Bulaga sa Wowowee #1 pa si Willie. Kaya lang yata nasali si Joey diyan dahil sa bangayan nila ni Willie last year.  :D
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

itzsamantha

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • ang syota ko
Manny Pacquiao, number 22!?? Yes must be kiddinn'

I partially don't agree on this Yes issue.
quality versus quantity

Ako si IPOSTKO
[/b]

subicboy

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 19
at pinagisipan pa daw nila to ng maigi, anong klaseng utak kaya ang ginamit dito sa pagiisip tsk tsk tsk!

Nosferatu

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 2
paano naging powerful si toni gonzaga? kaya pala nag react si joey de leon kng ano nga ba ang qualification at criteria bakit sya na sama doon.

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
sabi ni Joey de Leon.."thanks, but no thanks"....hindi malinaw criteria nila....what is "power" daw???????????

masaya talaga pa may intriga...nakakawala ns stress...its fun, it keeps me smiling.... :D

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
sabi ni Joey de Leon.."thanks, but no thanks"....hindi malinaw criteria nila....what is "power" daw???????????

masaya talaga pa may intriga...nakakawala ns stress...its fun, it keeps me smiling.... :D

oo nga pre eh... lalo na sa atin sa espiya may intriga din... hahahahha

laces522

• KEEP IT NAUGHTY NOT TRASHY BUT NASTY!
  • Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 27
  • Be wary cause i am a feline..sly,foxy and cunning!
oo nga noh...ano nga pala meaning ng powerful dito...di naman reliable yang yes magazine na yan.... :P

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
Power is directly related to number endorsements.

How hard is that?

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Power is directly related to number endorsements.

How hard is that?

Very hard, man. /sarcasm

And I take it you want to criticize us YET AGAIN for being fanatical and antsy and to show how almighty you really are for being not one of us?
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
Very hard, man. /sarcasm

And I take it you want to criticize us YET AGAIN for being fanatical and antsy and to show how almighty you really are for being not one of us?

No, I wanted to show that I look at their achievements and not their miscues. If you still have no idea or you to better understand what I'm saying, all you have to do is read the posts above ^.

You can say I'm dead mean, inconsiderate and arrogant but you can never deny I'm absolutely right.

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
No, I wanted to show that I look at their achievements and not their miscues. If you still have no idea or you to better understand what I'm saying, all you have to do is read the posts above ^.

You can say I'm dead mean, inconsiderate and arrogant but you can never deny I'm absolutely right.

arrogant...Yes.....inconsiderate......... Yes.........absolutely right...........NO!

How can you Justify......''Power is directly related to number endorsements''....what are your basis?

Maybe related but NOT directly related!

I don't think that is the basis of the editors not UNLESS you are a staff of Yes magazine and they discuss that to you, and You have the first hand information of their basis!
but if you are NOT then you are assuming...

sometimes kasi bro...you think na your Opinion and your views is already the ultimate perception!
"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13

arrogant...Yes.....inconsiderate......... Yes.........absolutely right...........NO!

How can you Justify......''Power is directly related to number endorsements''....what are your basis?

Maybe related but NOT directly related!

I don't think that is the basis of the editors not UNLESS you are a staff of Yes magazine and they discuss that to you, and You have the first hand information of their basis!
but if you are NOT then you are assuming...

sometimes kasi bro...you think na your Opinion and your views is already the ultimate perception!

Go ask Paprika.

brucewayne

• the capecrusaider
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • isang Finger ka lang!
teka, nabasa nyo na ba ang Yes Mag about this issues? if not, don't condemn them (the magazine and staff).  toast::

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
teka, nabasa nyo na ba ang Yes Mag about this issues? if not, don't condemn them (the magazine and staff).  toast::

Here is the complete list of Yes Magazine 50 Most Powerful in Showbiz for 2008. (especially yung walang mag)

Thursday, March 19, 2009
Yes Magazine 50 Most Powerful in Showbiz for 2008
The YES! list of the 50 Most Powerful in Showbiz for 2008 starts with a fair advice: "Before you dive into this list, a warning: You may not like what you read."

Listing down the movers and shakers of the local entertainment scene over the past fifteen months, the country's premier entertainment magazine—now celebrating its 9th year anniversary—ranks the "industry players who took an active role in shaping the landscape of entertainment."

The list—which may not sit well with some industry players and readers—bravely covers all corners by presenting not just the entertainers constantly seen on screen, but also commanding personalities who maneuver behind the spotlight: network executives, directors, talent managers, institutions, tycoons, a cosmetic surgeon, and even a renowned scriptwriter.

Here is the complete list of Yes Magazine 50 Most Powerful in Showbiz for 2008.

ENTERTAINERS Category:

On top spot is Wowowee host Willie Revillame. Revillame bested 49 others to emerge as the most powerful in his field. The controversial TV personality recently brandished his uncanny mass appeal when he propelled YES!—in which he was the cover on its January 2009 issue—to publishing milestone by selling an enormous amount of copies unheard of in the local glossy magazine market.

"But the man has mojo," the article stated. "After ABS-CBN snapped him up again and reinstalled him as king of its noontime programming in 2005, he turned his life around—image, finances, lifestyle, work ethic, even daily routine—to become the king of Kapamilya land."

His peso value: 1 million per day contract with ABS-CBN

2nd: Actress and game show host Kris Aquino. Kris may not be as controversial as she was in the past, but it certainly did not diminish her star value. Landing in second place, the self-styled "Queen of All Media" barged into the list by the sheer grit of her worth (monetary speaking, that is).

Her peso value: 3.3 million guaranteed salary per month contract with ABS-CBN

3rd: Box-Office King John Lloyd Cruz, whose stocks rose even higher brought by the back-to-back success of A Very Special Love and You Changed My Life.

His peso value: 500 thousand per movie. 80 - 100 thousand per taping day

4th: Action superstar and Totoy Bato's lead star, Robin Padilla.

His peso value: 200-250 thousand per taping day

5th: GMA-7's current prized female star Marian Rivera who, according to showbiz insiders, pockets a cool "upwards P50,000 per taping day."

Her peso value: 600 thousand per movie. 50 thousand per taping day

6th: Zorro lead star and GMA-7's most prized male star Richard Gutierrez.

His peso value: 4 million per movie. 200 - 250 thousand per taping day

7th: One of the world's most sexiest Dingdong Dantes.

His peso value: 500 thousand - 1.5 million per movie. 100 thousand per taping day

8th: Comedy concert queen Ai-Ai delas Alas

Her peso value: 2 - 3 million per movie. 150 - 200 thousand per taping day

9th: Ultimate Heartthrob Piolo Pascual

His peso value: 3 million per movie. 150 thousand per taping day

10th: King of all Media Joey de Leon

11th: Vic Sotto

12th: Megastar Sharon Cuneta

13th: Young superstar Judy Ann Santos

14th: Toni Gonzaga

15th: 2008 Box-office queen Sarah Geronimo

16th: Michael V.

17th: Ogie Alcasid

18th: Regine Velasquez

19th: Bea Alonzo

20th: KC Concepcion

21st: Pinoy Boxing Champ Manny Pacquiao

22nd: Senator Bong Revilla

23rd: Ruffa Gutierrez

24th: Lady Directors Joyce Bernal and Cathy Garcia-Molina

25th: Pinoy Komiksmen Carlo J. Caparas and Mars Ravelo

26th: Sam Milby

24 Most Powerful Showbiz Executives:

Even more interesting is the Executives list wherein the power heads of the entertainment industry were unmasked for the public to know.

As expected, the top brass of the two largest networks were pitted head-to-head against each other, breaking down their enormous influence and power not commonly known to outside spectators.

Top spot: Eugenio 'Gabby' Lopez III (ABS-CBN) and Atty. Felipe Gozon (GMA-7)

2nd: Charo Santos-Concio (ABS-CBN)

3rd: Cory Vidanes (ABS-CBN)

4th: Annette Gozon-Abrogar (GMA-7)

5th: Malou Santos (ABS-CBN)

9th: Deo Endrinal (ABS-CBN)

10th: Johnny Manahan (ABS-CBN)

11th: Boy Abunda (ABS-CBN)

12th: Lolit Solit (GMA-7)

20th: Ricardo 'Ricky' Lee

Eyebrows will surely rise as the April issue likewise offered an extensive, not to mention exhaustive, summary of ABS-CBN and GMA-7's overall earnings, investor desirability, reach and advertising revenues.

"Which of these two heavyweights would win the rounds of expenditures and profits—and which would be down for the count?" YES! asked before laying down the facts as presented by an expert analyst.

credits goes to http://showbiznest.blogspot.com/2009/03/yes-magazine-50-most-powerful-in.html

realg

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
kalokohan yan c pacman #22 c willie pa ang #1 eh napa ka maniac nyan

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
kalokohan yan c pacman #22 c willie pa ang #1 eh napa ka maniac nyan

dumb
–adjective
1.    lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
it means if you have many money you are powerful

That's the Criteria of Yes Magazine

with this criteria it is very obvious that Manny Pacquio was number 22

but for me the rankings are irrelevant and are bias towards the ABS-CBN talents

WHY

Because they don't use standard salary among their talents and the lopez family owned some shares of meralco

therefore ABS CBN have the capacity to impose and can give high salary to their talents

Yuuko

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary appear before me
biased, so biased. they should have named it, "top 50 wealthiest" not powerful. although maybe their point is that when you have money you have power. well it sucks.

it doesnt also mean when you have a lot of endorsements, you can surpass someone who has only 1 or 2 endorsements. depending on your "image". they will pay you higher because of your name.

dumb
–adjective
1.    lacking intelligence or good judgment; stupid; dull-witted.

so? what if somebody is dumb? he is richer than you. you can't deny the fact that many like him. many recognize him because he is good at what he is doing and down to earth nice person. Sometimes, it doesn't take those college degrees to start the cash rolling. You need strategy and luck at the same time.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
it means if you have many money you are powerful

That's the Criteria of Yes Magazine

with this criteria it is very obvious that Manny Pacquio was number 22

but for me the rankings are irrelevant and are bias towards the ABS-CBN talents

WHY

Because they don't use standard salary among their talents and the lopez family owned some shares of meralco

therefore ABS CBN have the capacity to impose and can give high salary to their talents

What's with the Manny Pacquiao argument? He got endorsements and a pair of shows. That's all he got in the show business. The people listed above him got their hands in primetime shows, endorsements and movies.

You didn't quite say they made-up the numbers.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
biased, so biased. they should have named it, "top 50 wealthiest" not powerful. although maybe their point is that when you have money you have power. well it sucks.

it doesnt also mean when you have a lot of endorsements, you can surpass someone who has only 1 or 2 endorsements. depending on your "image". they will pay you higher because of your name.

so? what if somebody is dumb? he is richer than you. you can't deny the fact that many like him. many recognize him because he is good at what he is doing and down to earth nice person. Sometimes, it doesn't take those college degrees to start the cash rolling. You need strategy and luck at the same time.

Yes magazine already explained their criteria. Go read, it makes sense.

Well, that's the show business game. People get paid for their popularity. If more people like or recognize you, you get shows, endorsements and movies.

Mr. Revillame is the center of Wowowee. Try to digest this: a dozen of in-show endorsements, a dozen off-show commercials-primetime, half a dozen talents, a dozen personal endorsements.

Name one person who brings in more money than Willie Revillame.

Hold it, I think I'm wrong. It's not about the money that's why they call it a business.

Just like in Basketball, the best player earns the most money. Same as to any sports. Tiger Woods? In the mall business, the best and most popular mall brings in more money. Car business, same.

If you still haven't understand, money represents our "ultimate" currency - Time.

Why the hell should I quote someone if I'm not replying to that person's opinion?

@Moderators - Can't you like post a forums 101 or something that would explain how quote works? Obviously, some.. nevermind.

Yuuko

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary appear before me
Yes magazine already explained their criteria. Go read, it makes sense.

Well, that's the show business game. People get paid for their popularity. If more people like or recognize you, you get shows, endorsements and movies.

Mr. Revillame is the center of Wowowee. Try to digest this: a dozen of in-show endorsements, a dozen off-show commercials-primetime, half a dozen talents, a dozen personal endorsements.

Name one person who brings in more money than Willie Revillame.

Hold it, I think I'm wrong. It's not about the money that's why they call it a business.

Just like in Basketball, the best player earns the most money. Same as to any sports. Tiger Woods? In the mall business, the best and most popular mall brings in more money. Car business, same.

If you still haven't understand, money represents our "ultimate" currency - Time.

Why the hell should I quote someone if I'm not replying to that person's opinion?

@Moderators - Can't you like post a forums 101 or something that would explain how quote works? Obviously, some.. nevermind.

yes, u just repeated and expound what i said. please read and who complained on the use of quotes?