Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Land query  (Read 2749 times)

Yuuko

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary appear before me
Land query
« on: March 16, 2009, 09:29:39 pm »
I don't know where to put this exactly but my bet is here.

Situation:
Juan inherited a piece of land from his grandfather.
Many people settled in that land without Juan's permission and have been living there ever since their lolo's and lola's time.
Juan decided to make use of the land and stand some kind of resort.

Argument:
Pinapaalis ni Juan yung mga tao na nakatira doon but said that he has no right.

Your opinions?

laitzu

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 23
Re: Land query
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 09:48:24 pm »
Hello Yuuko,

yung squatters sa  lupa na minana ni Juan are invoking the Lina Law - eto yun law protecting the rights DAW ng mga squatters..

Si Juan pa rin ang may-ari nung lupa pero di niya  basta-basta puede paalisin ang mga squatters without any court order.Kung gusto nyang makuha ang possession ng lupa at mapaalis ang mga squatters, magsasampa siya dapat ng kasong ejectment sa metropolitan trial court nung lugar kung saan located yung lupa tapos  hihingi na rin siya sa korte na pabayaran sa kanila yung reasonable na rentals sa paggamit nila ng ilang taon sa lupa niya plus damages at attorney's fees. Under Rules of Summary procedure ang iaapply sa hearing ng kaso ni Juan kaya mabilis ang process nun kumpara sa regular na proceso sa korte..  ;)
Get $50 to start/Earn up to $20/day/Earn $5 per referral

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:55:06 pm »
magastos yan :) yun lang ang masasabi ko...

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:45:07 pm »
kailangan dyan may "guns and goons" ka...pasunog mo na lang...pag dumaan sa gobyerno yan matagal na magastos pa...

laces522

• KEEP IT NAUGHTY NOT TRASHY BUT NASTY!
  • Certified SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 27
  • Be wary cause i am a feline..sly,foxy and cunning!
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 10:50:09 pm »
di lang magastos....magulo at madugo pa........mahirap pag me mga squatters na sa lupa ......eto dapat sa mga un gun::

we've been having that problem and until now yan pa din....sa inis namin baka ibenta na lang namin ung land sa QC government at kahit mababa na lang ung presyo kesa naman makunsumi kami sa pagpapaalis ng squatters....

Yuuko

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary appear before me
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 12:07:18 am »
it's just so confusing...

kasi ikaw na nga yung mayari tapos ikaw pa gagastos para makuha mo yung pagmamayari mo.

i mean, i know yung mga squaters doon e kailangan rin nila ng place na matitirahan pero.. hmmm ang hirap iexplain ano ba yan

kasi i have this friend na bumili ng lupa infront of the sea, medyo malaki yung lupa nya. then hiningi ng mga squaters na parang sinabi "makikita mo na man parin ang dagat, ibigay mo nalang eto sa akin."

tapos she was like, ang mahal mahal ng lupa tapos ihihingi lang? parang ganon

hippo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:58:43 am »
Hello Yuuko,

yung squatters sa  lupa na minana ni Juan are invoking the Lina Law - eto yun law protecting the rights DAW ng mga squatters..

Si Juan pa rin ang may-ari nung lupa pero di niya  basta-basta puede paalisin ang mga squatters without any court order.Kung gusto nyang makuha ang possession ng lupa at mapaalis ang mga squatters, magsasampa siya dapat ng kasong ejectment sa metropolitan trial court nung lugar kung saan located yung lupa tapos  hihingi na rin siya sa korte na pabayaran sa kanila yung reasonable na rentals sa paggamit nila ng ilang taon sa lupa niya plus damages at attorney's fees. Under Rules of Summary procedure ang iaapply sa hearing ng kaso ni Juan kaya mabilis ang process nun kumpara sa regular na proceso sa korte..  ;)

In answering yuuko's query, one question must be answered: How long have the squatters stayed in the lot?

The duration of their stay is very material to the situation at hand.

If the squatters have stayed in the lot for more than a year, laitzu's suggestion will already fail. The Rules of Court provide that in order for the ejectment complaint to proceed, the squatter's possession of the lot should be less than one year. According to the facts of the case, the squatters have been staying there since the time of Juan's grandparents. Thus, an ejectment case against the squatters will not hold water. What Juan should do is file a reivindicatory action to recover ownership of the land.

HOWEVER...

If the squatters has stayed there for more than 30 years or even just a substantial amount of time and held the lot as if they were the real owners of the land, then Juan has a very big problem. This is because the squatters may have already acquired ownership of the land through either acquistive prescription (with regdard to the 30 year period) or laches (with regard to the length of time wherein Juan did not protect his right over the lot). Why does the law allow this? This is because as the owner of the property should readily guard his rights over the property against anyone. Since a substantial period of time has elapsed since the intruders entered into his property and he did nothing, it is as if he relinquishes his rights over his property. In other words, the loss of the property is the owner's fault because he did not protect his rights.