Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: F-117 Nighthawk  (Read 4694 times)

deepRed

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
F-117 Nighthawk
« on: September 25, 2007, 06:22:28 am »
The unique design of the single-seat F-117A provides exceptional combat capabilities. About the size of an F-15 Eagle, the twin-engine aircraft is powered by two General Electric F404 turbofan engines and has quadruple redundant fly-by-wire flight controls.
The F-117A can employ a variety of weapons and is equipped with sophisticated navigation and attack systems integrated into a digital avionics suite that increases mission effectiveness and reduces pilot workload.
The surfaces and edge profiles are optimised to reflect hostile radar into narrow beam signals, directed away from the enemy radar detector. All the doors and opening panels on the aircraft have saw-toothed forward and trailing edges to reflect radar. The aircraft is mainly constructed of aluminum, with titanium for areas of the engine and exhaust systems. The outer surface of the aircraft is coated with a radar-absorbent material (RAM). The radar cross-section of the F-117 has been estimated at between 10-100cm2.
The F-117A has four elevons on the inboard and outboard trailing edge of the wing. The V-shaped tail, which controls the yaw of the aircraft, acts as a flying tail, which means that the whole surface acts as a control surface. The elevons do not act as flaps to reduce the rate of descent for touchdown, so the landing speed of the F-117A is high, at about 180 or 190 miles per hour, and a drag parachute is used.

Primary Function: Attack
Contractor: Lockheed Aeronautical Systems Co.
Crew: One
Unit Cost:$122 million
Powerplant
Two General Electric F404-GE-F1D2 non-afterburning turbofan engines (10,800 lb (48.04 kN) each)
Dimensions
Length: 65 feet, 11 inches (20.3 meters)
Wingspan: 43 feet, 4 inches (13.3 meters)
Height: 12 feet, 5 inches (3.8 meters)
Weights
Empty: 30,000 lb (13,608 kg)
Maximum Takeoff: 52,500 pounds (23,625 kilograms)
Performance
Speed: High Subsonic
Ceiling: N/A
Range: Unlimited with air refueling
Armament
Internal weapons carriage

Two each of:
2 MK84 2000-pound
2 GBU-10 Paveway II
2 GBU-12 Paveway II
2 GBU-27 Paveway III
2 BLU 109
2 WCMD

stepboy

• Maverick
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: F-117 Nighthawk
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:26:25 am »
this plane is not in production anymore!
Yummy!!!

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 12:03:57 pm »
Because it is going to be replaced.

Me thinks F-35 is going to fill in it's role. (Could be wrong)

Anyway. This thing doesn't even have a stick to pilot with...

It's all computers that makes this thing fly. Fry those chips this things gonna go out of control.

The design of the fuselage is so unstable in flight that a human pilot will not be able to fully control this plane. That's why computers fill in the role...

Probably why this thing wasn't designed for dog fights.

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 02:55:23 pm »

It's all computers that makes this thing fly. Fry those chips this things gonna go out of control.

The design of the fuselage is so unstable in flight that a human pilot will not be able to fully control this plane. That's why computers fill in the role...

definitely wrong dude (my uncle is in the US Airforce...) anyways there is nothing wrong with the chips its very stable and reliable... as well as the fuselage!!  F-22 Raptor is the Fighter that filled the place its a 5th generation aircraft and has a 4th generation stealth technology Night hawk is a very effective dog fighter but it works mainly as a ground attack aircraft.. it was retired because the technology is already old ( surprise ha! we haven't got one here sa pinas but its already old in the states) because its first initial flight was in 1977 and its was publicized in 1988 November yata or December basta Ber month!!  when the F22 raptor came out they retired the F117A night hawk.. 1996-1998 doon sa Tonopah test range... anyway F117A is ground attack because A is for ground attack and B is for Bomber,bombers cost more than 1 billion dollar each grabe no... and to deep red the length is actually  69.9 feet not 65.11.....
during its flight only one is said to be a fatality of F117 that was in Kosovo war surprisingly detected by a radar using a long waves it was Hit by SAM or surface to air missile na Isayev S-125 'Neva-M' but buhay yung pilot because the missile exploded right next to the aircraft!! usually the Americans bomb the F117 if it gets hit to prevent the enemies knowing there technology but l don't what happen why they did not do that eawn ko baka maraming civilian sa area ewan bast yun ang nanagyari few person knows this so atin atin lang to ha!!
  laffman::   laffman::
"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

Telesforo

• Member: 6799
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 78
  • Kamote Queue
    • Espiya ka ba? Magbasa ka muna!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 03:05:52 pm »
The F-117 is also likely to retire with an amazing distinction: It suffered no combat fatalities. Although one F-117 was shot down in Yugoslavia in 1999, during NATO’s Operation Allied Force, that pilot was rescued.

Source: Fade to Black

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 06:06:37 pm »

definitely wrong dude (my uncle is in the US Airforce...) anyways there is nothing wrong with the chips its very stable and reliable... as well as the fuselage!!  F-22 Raptor is the Fighter that filled the place its a 5th generation aircraft and has a 4th generation stealth technology Night hawk is a very effective dog fighter but it works mainly as a ground attack aircraft.. it was retired because the technology is already old ( surprise ha! we haven't got one here sa pinas but its already old in the states) because its first initial flight was in 1977 and its was publicized in 1988 November yata or December basta Ber month!!  when the F22 raptor came out they retired the F117A night hawk.. 1996-1998 doon sa Tonopah test range... anyway F117A is ground attack because A is for ground attack and B is for Bomber,bombers cost more than 1 billion dollar each grabe no... and to deep red the length is actually  69.9 feet not 65.11.....
during its flight only one is said to be a fatality of F117 that was in Kosovo war surprisingly detected by a radar using a long waves it was Hit by SAM or surface to air missile na Isayev S-125 'Neva-M' but buhay yung pilot because the missile exploded right next to the aircraft!! usually the Americans bomb the F117 if it gets hit to prevent the enemies knowing there technology but l don't what happen why they did not do that eawn ko baka maraming civilian sa area ewan bast yun ang nanagyari few person knows this so atin atin lang to ha!!

Huh?

Stable na siya of course!
I'm trying to get to the point that if it wasn't for it's flight computer digital fly by wire thingy a human pilot will not be able to control it well.

Sa tingin ko mali din yung sinabi mo na good dog fighter kasi ang alam ko walang defensive weapons ang F-117, wala siya Anti air missiles at Cannon.

choloXP

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -3
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 09:17:06 pm »
kung ground aTTAck lng paguuspan walng sinabi yan sa Avatar Warmech... hahaha..aapakan lng yung mga tanks nyo. mag laro n lng tau ng Command and Conquer Generals 3 Tiberium Wars...Kane Rules...
choloXP Copyright (R) 2006-2007..All rights reserved.

realwired73

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 09:28:32 pm »
I am sure that this plane would replaced by a new and improved stealth plane. Medyo matanda na rin yan design kung 1977 pa pala ginawa yan. Ang pilipinas kaya mapalitan na ba yun tora-tora, hehehe.  laffman::

MiKeDaCuTe

• Laking Beer Brand!!!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 159
  • Kung Kaya ng Iba, Ipagawa mo sa Kanila...
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 09:57:01 pm »
I am sure that this plane would replaced by a new and improved stealth plane. Medyo matanda na rin yan design kung 1977 pa pala ginawa yan. Ang pilipinas kaya mapalitan na ba yun tora-tora, hehehe.  laffman::

yes napaltana na, kung dati de-padyak ngayon de-uling na....  laffman:: laffman:: laffman::

eyclaurjg

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Raise Hell
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 11:02:12 pm »
not in production kasi masyadong mahal

QuicKie

• Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 25
  • i love CHINITA.
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 11:28:44 pm »
ahh...

new knowldge for me..

[KH]FuzzyLogic

• Drink Duff...... Oh YEAH!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -1
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 11:49:33 pm »
Sa tingin ko mali din yung sinabi mo na good dog fighter kasi ang alam ko walang defensive weapons ang F-117, wala siya Anti air missiles at Cannon.

Anti-Air Missiles and Cannon? Airborne weapons are you serious? Ang alam kung counter-measures ng mga aircraft na to is chaff and flares? pwd ring may ECM sila pero ung Anti-Air Missiles at Cannon? do you mean Guns and AAM(Air to Air Missiles).

FinalFall Server Marathon Gamer

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 07:46:36 am »

Anti-Air Missiles and Cannon? Airborne weapons are you serious? Ang alam kung counter-measures ng mga aircraft na to is chaff and flares? pwd ring may ECM sila pero ung Anti-Air Missiles at Cannon? do you mean Guns and AAM(Air to Air Missiles).

I think what he meant is that this plane has no way of engaging other planes rather than defending its self..  Anyway its widely known that this aircraft is not for dogfights.. its slow and not very manuverable plus it doesnt carry any weapons aside from its bombs..

during its flight only one is said to be a fatality of F117 that was in Kosovo war surprisingly detected by a radar using a long waves it was Hit by SAM or surface to air missile na Isayev S-125 'Neva-M' but buhay yung pilot because the missile exploded right next to the aircraft!! usually the Americans bomb the F117 if it gets hit to prevent the enemies knowing there technology but l don't what happen why they did not do that eawn ko baka maraming civilian sa area ewan bast yun ang nanagyari few person knows this so atin atin lang to ha!![/b][/color]  laffman::   laffman::

I dont know where Mr.Mod or his uncle get the info of this plane being a great dogfighter.. If its such a good fighter I wonder why the US assign it as an air-to-ground flatform only.. It is said to have the capability to carry air-to-air missile yet has no radar to guide long-range missiles.. Now thats a great fighter.. hehehe.. Oh and as far as I know this cost around $45 million only.. the one that cost more than a billion is the B-2..

Linkie:
http://www.af.mil/factsheets/factsheet.asp?fsID=104
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:10:04 am by tigerwing »

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 10:08:21 am »

I think what he meant is that this plane has no way of engaging other planes rather than defending its self..  Anyway its widely known that this aircraft is not for dogfights.. its slow and not very manuverable plus it doesnt carry any weapons aside from its bombs..

during its flight only one is said to be a fatality of F117 that was in Kosovo war surprisingly detected by a radar using a long waves it was Hit by SAM or surface to air missile na Isayev S-125 'Neva-M' but buhay yung pilot because the missile exploded right next to the aircraft!! usually the Americans bomb the F117 if it gets hit to prevent the enemies knowing there technology but l don't what happen why they did not do that eawn ko baka maraming civilian sa area ewan bast yun ang nanagyari few person knows this so atin atin lang to ha!![/b][/color]  laffman::   laffman::

I dont know where Mr.Mod or his uncle get the info of this plane being a great dogfighter.. If its such a good fighter I wonder why the US assign it as an air-to-ground flatform only.. It is said to have the capability to carry air-to-air missile yet has no radar to guide long-range missiles.. Now thats a great fighter.. hehehe.. Oh and as far as I know this cost around $45 million only.. the one that cost more than a billion is the B-2..

Linkie:

Yup l know that the bomber that cost around more than a billion bucks read my quote once again ok let's rephrase my sentence it is not a good dog fighter but capable of it cannot turn in a dime but it is not super sonic which means that it can fight in the air... for eyclaurjg it was retired because it's not expensive but a newer technology and a better aircraft was designed it the newe aircraft is more expensive... of in USAF "F" stand for fighter "B" is for Bomber "A" is for ground attack although is Night hawk dont have short range missile for self defense woh could catch it? who could track it?  YES it has no Radar to guide air to air missile but it is capable of carrying one my apologies it is NOT a good "dog fighter" l was reffering to F22 and F35... I love those planes!!

Hay ah we wish we had atleast that good old F117A kahit isa lang... na retire na yung F117 wala pa tayo kahit kalahati lang!!
 b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*;

"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 11:11:29 am »

during its flight only one is said to be a fatality of F117 that was in Kosovo war surprisingly detected by a radar using a long waves it was Hit by SAM or surface to air missile na Isayev S-125 'Neva-M' but buhay yung pilot because the missile exploded right next to the aircraft!! usually the Americans bomb the F117 if it gets hit to prevent the enemies knowing there technology but l don't what happen why they did not do that eawn ko baka maraming civilian sa area ewan bast yun ang nanagyari few person knows this so atin atin lang to ha!![/b][/color]  laffman::   laffman::

Linkie:

Yup l know that the bomber that cost around more than a billion bucks read my quote once again ok let's rephrase my sentence it is not a good dog fighter but capable of it cannot turn in a dime but it is not super sonic which means that it can fight in the air... for eyclaurjg it was retired because it's not expensive but a newer technology and a better aircraft was designed it the newe aircraft is more expensive... of in USAF "F" stand for fighter "B" is for Bomber "A" is for ground attack although is Night hawk dont have short range missile for self defense woh could catch it? who could track it?  YES it has no Radar to guide air to air missile but it is capable of carrying one my apologies it is NOT a good "dog fighter" l was reffering to F22 and F35... I love those planes!!

Hay ah we wish we had atleast that good old F117A kahit isa lang... na retire na yung F117 wala pa tayo kahit kalahati lang!!

Naming it as "F"-117 is actually kinda erroneous since it doesnt fuction as a fighter but as a ground-attack plane.. It is said that this is beacuse it was given a designation before the 1962 U.S. Tri-Service Aircraft Designation System was established though its initial flight was in 1977.. Given a designation at the start of the project maybe? I dont really know.. All I know is its a plane for hitting ground targets and not aerial ones.. hehe.. Who can catch it and who can track it? you said it already.. one was shotdown right? hehe.. And ever wonder why this babies only fly their missions at night? because if it was spoted and chased by other fighter then its in big trouble.. Other fighters can easily catch up to it coz its quite slow, it can also be outmanuvered quite easily and yes you may not be able to get a missile lock but your auto-cannons need no such thing.. Also, eto nmn eh naicp ko lang, theory kung baga.. no matter what you do you cant totaly remove its heat signiture.. as long as it has a jet engine and runs on fuel it will produce heat.. so heat seeking missile can probably track and engage it, hence the need for flares as counter measures.. and no counter measure is 100% effective right?  It can carry AAM but has no Radar to guide long range missile? wats the point then? you cant engage beyond-visual range and within visual-range will most likely mean your dead.. Realy now.. I dont think this plane has any use air-to-air.. a very good strike plane though.. Pero dude pag nagkaron ang pinas nyan malamang mamumulubi lalo tayo dahil sa maintainance.. oh bka makikita mo nlng na tuklap tuklap na ung RAM coating nya.. laffman::   

But yeah, it was replaced because a better plane exist..

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 04:20:33 pm »

Understood na yun anti-air missile na sinabi ko as air to air missile kaw naman. Syempre mga fighter planes pinag uusapan natin eh. Cannon - guns ganon din yun. 20 mm autocannon ang usual na dala ng mga ibang air superiority fighter planes samantalang ang gun naman ng F-5 A/B ng Philippine Air Force is a 20mm Revolver cannon.

BTW, ever heard of the Iranian Azaraksh fighter? They also use it to carry Hawk SAM (Surface to Air Missile) Eh di kung ititira mo yung from a plane eh di naging Air to Air missile na siya.  smoking::

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 06:21:37 pm »

Linkie:

Naming it as "F"-117 is actually kinda erroneous since it doesnt fuction as a fighter but as a ground-attack plane.. It is said that this is beacuse it was given a designation before the 1962 U.S. Tri-Service Aircraft Designation System was established though its initial flight was in 1977.. Given a designation at the start of the project maybe? I dont really know.. All I know is its a plane for hitting ground targets and not aerial ones.. hehe.. Who can catch it and who can track it? you said it already.. one was shotdown right? hehe.. And ever wonder why this babies only fly their missions at night? because if it was spoted and chased by other fighter then its in big trouble.. Other fighters can easily catch up to it coz its quite slow, it can also be outmanuvered quite easily and yes you may not be able to get a missile lock but your auto-cannons need no such thing.. Also, eto nmn eh naicp ko lang, theory kung baga.. no matter what you do you cant totaly remove its heat signiture.. as long as it has a jet engine and runs on fuel it will produce heat.. so heat seeking missile can probably track and engage it, hence the need for flares as counter measures.. and no counter measure is 100% effective right?  It can carry AAM but has no Radar to guide long range missile? wats the point then? you cant engage beyond-visual range and within visual-range will most likely mean your dead.. Realy now.. I dont think this plane has any use air-to-air.. a very good strike plane though.. Pero dude pag nagkaron ang pinas nyan malamang mamumulubi lalo tayo dahil sa maintainance.. oh bka makikita mo nlng na tuklap tuklap na ung RAM coating nya.. laffman::   

But yeah, it was replaced because a better plane exist..

yup that's the irony nga ng aircraft na to it can technically carry AAM but no radar to guide it.... subra ka naman dude hindi naman  tutuklap yung RAM niya meron tayong Miracle we have Coat Saver... would it be nice to color it differently parang bahay!! what a shame siguro!!  laffman::  laffman::

ask ko lang ha which one do you think is better the F22 or its younger sibling the newer F35 for me the older F22 looks better and sleaker!!

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 07:26:14 pm »
F-35 is better in ways na may V-STOL capability ito. Pero sa BVR missile range, manueverability, weapons load out ewan ko lang. Di ko alam ang mga figures dun.

pinoyaggie

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 11:15:42 pm »

Huh?

Stable na siya of course!
I'm trying to get to the point that if it wasn't for it's flight computer digital fly by wire thingy a human pilot will not be able to control it well.

The F117 is inherently unstable. This means that it requires computers to make the airplane stable. All 4th and 5th generation military aircraft are designed like this. For fighters, the reason of making the airplane inherently unstable is to make it maneuverable (very important for dog fighting). If an aircraft is stable, it tends to go back to equilibrium (balanced state) after an input from the pilot. For example, if the pilot roll the airplane to the right and let go of the yoke or the stick, the airplane will go back to the equilibrium position by it self. But if the airplane is inherently stable, it will continue to roll unless a flight computer or a pilot inputs another maneuver. Now why is the F117 designed to be inherently unstable when it is not a fighter and it is not designed for dog fighting? Well, I will explain it with some of the facts I learned in school and read in books.

In the mid '60s the USAF released a request for proposal (RFP) to Aerospace Industries asking them to design a next generation bomber that is invisible to RADAR and can penetrate deep in USSR territory. The bidders were narrowed down into two companies, Lockheed Martin (Skunk Works), and Northrop Grumman Company. The two companies were asked by the air force to build a scaled down prototype to be tested for its RADAR signature. The Lockheed Martin team was eventually awarded the contract and the project was named "Have Blue”. The Lockheed Martin’s approach was so effective that during the test, an air force radar officer could not see the prototype in the radar screen until a black bird landed on the prototype. It is reported that the F117 has a radar signature of a bee. It still has the smallest radar signature compared to B1 and F22. The stealth characteristic of F117 was possible because of its shape. Ironically, a Russian Mathematician wrote a paper called "Method of Edge Waves in the Physical Theory of Diffraction". In his paper, he states that the strength of radar return is proportional to the edge configuration of the object not its size. To explain what this means in layman's terms, if you want to design stealthy airplane, you have to design it in straight panels and arranged it to diffract radar waves (deflect it away from the source instead of bouncing it back). Using the paper, Lockheed Martin Computer Engineers and Mathematicians developed a computer program called "ECHO". This program made it possible for Lockheed to design an airplane out of flat panels and arrange it to deflect 90% of radar waves. The final shape is what the F117 of today, Lockheed engineers called it the "Hopeless Diamond" because it is aerodynamically unstable which is difficult to make it airborne. For aerodynamicist, to make an object fly, it should be shaped in smooth curves to minimize drag. But with the advances in computer technology, the flight computer with the help of fiber optics (fly-by-wire) made it possible to control the airplane (Golden rule for Stability and Control, "Make sure the nose of the airplane points in the right direction"). The computers use all the control surfaces (aileron, rudder/elevator, flaps, and engine thrust) to stabilize the airplane.

To summarize, the F117 is aerodynamically unstable because of its shape for stealth and not to make it maneuverable for dog fighting. The F117 was designed to penetrate enemy defenses, bomb the target and go home quickly without detection. Sorry guys kung medyo mahaba-haba ang explanation ko. I just love anything about aerospace stuff. My dream is to become a university professor and share my knowledge and encourage young generations to study science and engineering. I hope you learned something.       

hhubbahhubbah

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -3
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 03:01:56 am »

F is for fighter...A is the series model.Designated function is always at the beginning....The F117 is really an attack aircraft but it was designated as F due to geneva convention mumbo jumbo....the F22 and F35 are multi role that can cover the functions of F117. 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 03:06:25 am by hhubbahhubbah »

alt3r3g0

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 04:04:32 am »
sana bibili ang pinas nito kahit isa. un bang pang for display purposes only.
-- spawn more overlords --

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2007, 08:27:36 am »
ask ko lang ha which one do you think is better the F22 or its younger sibling the newer F35 for me the older F22 looks better and sleaker!![/b][/color]

I think the F-22 look better hehe.. But anyway for what I understand the F-22 is an air-superiority fighter designed to obtain and maintain air dominance while the F-35 is a fighter-bomber. It can do dogfights but I think its main role is as an strike plane.. just like the F/A-18.. If air-air combat ang pauusapan I think F-22 is better while the F-35 is better in attacking ground targets and providing air support for ground forces..   

deepRed

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 02:55:21 am »
The F117 is inherently unstable. This means that it requires computers to make the airplane stable. All 4th and 5th generation military aircraft are designed like this. For fighters, the reason of making the airplane inherently unstable is to make it maneuverable (very important for dog fighting).

meron sya switch para mag stable just watched on DISCOVERY dvd  1st mission nya is bandang south america where they just bombed wrong field ;D

pinoyaggie

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 02:15:06 pm »
The F117 is inherently unstable. This means that it requires computers to make the airplane stable. All 4th and 5th generation military aircraft are designed like this. For fighters, the reason of making the airplane inherently unstable is to make it maneuverable (very important for dog fighting).

meron sya switch para mag stable just watched on DISCOVERY dvd  1st mission nya is bandang south america where they just bombed wrong field ;D

That's what inherently unstable means. It is naturally unstable and the computer (switch your talking about) makes it a stable platform.

hhubbahhubbah

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -3
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 02:17:08 pm »
fly by wire