Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: M1  (Read 3084 times)

[KH]FuzzyLogic

• Drink Duff...... Oh YEAH!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -1
M1
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:31:49 pm »
Heres another declassified file from my archives, just wanna share the M1 Abrahams before

TITLE:
General Dynamics Land Systems Division M1/M1A1/M1A2 Abrams MBT

DEVELOPMENT:
The XM1 Programme was established in December 1971 and in February the following year the US Army activated a task force with the user, trainer and developer participating to formulate the concept for the new battle tank. This report was published in August 1972 and the proposed characteristics were then reviewed to eliminate unnecessary features and reduce costs to the minimum. The final programme was contained in a Development Concept Paper, as amended, which was approved by the Deputy Secretary of Defense in January 1973.

DESCRIPTION:
The hull and turret of the M1 is of advanced armour construction similar to the Chobham armour developed in the United Kingdom and gives protection against ATGWs and other battlefield weapons.
  The driver is seated at the front of the vehicle in the centre and operates the vehicle from a semi-reclining position when driving with the hatch closed. Steering is accomplished by rotating a motorcycle type T-bar which actuates the steering lever on the transmission to produce the steering speed bias of the track. At both ends of the T-bar are twist grip controls which serve as the throttle for the electronic fuel management system.
  The infrared Thermal Imaging System (TIS) has been developed by the Hughes Aircraft Company and produces an image by sensing the small difference in heat radiated by the objects in view. The detected energy is converted into electrical signals which are displayed on a cathode ray tube, similar to a TV picture, and the image displayed is projected into the eye-piece of the gunner's sight. In addition, the sight displays target range information and indicates if the laser rangefinder has received more than one return. The operator can select a first or last return mode for lasing the target before firing. Ready to fire indication and confirmation that the systems are working properly are also provided.

TITLE:
M1A1 MBT

DESCRIPTION:
The first production M1A1 was completed in August 1985 and of the anticipated US Army buy of 8064 tanks, 4796 are M1A1s. In addition to the improved armour of the Improved M1 MBT, the M1A1 has the 120 mm Rheinmetall smooth-bore gun and an integrated NBC system. This NBC system provides the crew with conditioned air for breathing and also supplies cooling or heating for the crew as required while they are wearing their protective suits and face masks.

SPECIFICATIONS:
(Data in square brackets relate to M1A1 where different)
Crew: 4
Combat weight: 54,545 [57,154] kg
Max speed:
  (road) 72.421 [66.77] km/h
  (cross-country) 48.3 km/h
  (on 10% gradient) 32.2 [27.51] km/h
  (on 60% gradient) 7.2 [6.59] km/h
Acceleration: (0-32 km/h) 7 [6.8] s
Engine: Textron Lycoming AGT 1500 gas-turbine developing
1500 hp at 30,000 rpm
Armament:
  (main) 1 x 105 mm  [1 x 120 mm] gun
  (coaxial) 1 x 7.62 mm MG
  (anti-aircraft commander) 1 x 12.7 mm MG
  (anti-aircraft loader) 1 x 7.62 mm MG
Smoke-laying equipment: 6 smoke grenade dischargers either
side of turret and integral engine smoke generators
Ammunition:
  (main) 55 [40]
  (12.7 mm) 1000
  (7.62 mm) 11,400 [12,400]
  (smoke grenades) 24
Armour: classified

****No NEED FOR PICS IM SURE YOUR FAMILIAR WITH THIS TANK

FinalFall Server Marathon Gamer

Zornhau

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Forever Alone
Re: M1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:29:40 pm »
That bloody Gas turbine engine is one hell of a gas guzzler.
I guess the best way to defeat an M1A1 Abrams fleet is to kill it's logistics support.  :P

[KH]FuzzyLogic

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma -1
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:12:02 am »
That bloody Gas turbine engine is one hell of a gas guzzler.
I guess the best way to defeat an M1A1 Abrams fleet is to kill it's logistics support.  :P

one of the best weakness of a M1 is to jam its communication systems, and eliminate its FCR to do that you need to locate the AWACS first.

davemust83

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 12:15:57 pm »
the best way to beat it is use the german leopard
"Don't Worry, Be Happy."

[KH]FuzzyLogic

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma -1
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 10:43:53 pm »
like what Zero said and agreed with is beat its logistics supports..
Even though you have strong powerful tank one-hit kill tank but its coordination stands is so weak its useless.
In tank warfare the best way to beat the enemy is a fast and reliable communication, organization, and coordination system. Without it a tank is blind.

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:42:31 am »
me balak daw palitan ng army ung makina na m1 ng diesel piston engine nalang, hindi daw kse maka sunod sa tank un mga infantry during patrols kse sobra init ng buga ng turbine engine nya.. ska takaw daw kse sa gas

tonikoro[deactivated]

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 08:01:46 am »
In tank warfare the best way to beat the enemy is a fast and reliable communication, organization, and coordination system. Without it a tank is blind.

I didnt understand what you are trying to say.

please clarify...

bugtook

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2007, 08:01:41 am »
ang ibig nyang sabihin tol yong mata ng tank i yong taong mabibigay sa kanila ng info kong san yong pwede tamaan and kong saan yong kalaban nasa anong position. Ang mangyayari dyan my second party na nag momonitor sa kilos nga mga kalaban or sa target which is their spy sattelite.
"DO LESS COMPLAINING, and pay more attention to giving."

bugtook

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 6
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2007, 08:07:58 am »
Eto yan...

"DO LESS COMPLAINING, and pay more attention to giving."

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2007, 08:54:09 am »
ang ibig nyang sabihin tol yong mata ng tank i yong taong mabibigay sa kanila ng info kong san yong pwede tamaan and kong saan yong kalaban nasa anong position. Ang mangyayari dyan my second party na nag momonitor sa kilos nga mga kalaban or sa target which is their spy sattelite.

Spy Sattelites?? Correct me if im wrong but for what I know spy sattelites are mainly for taking pictures of  huge patches of land and not for real time battle field survailance.. I think that job is for the predators and global hawks.. 

tonikoro[deactivated]

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 10:19:19 am »
@ bugtooK

I dont think that s what he meant either.More like taking out the enemys command,control and comm..but still not sure though.

And tigerwing is right...spy satts dont provide real time,forget what you saw in movies like " behind enemy lines " ," clear and present danger " ,
and Enemy of the state coz they re BS. smoking::