Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Which industry pays entry-level salaries of P30,000-P60,000?  (Read 12133 times)

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
Which industry pays entry-level salaries of P30,000-P60,000?

by Ira Pedrasa, ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 06/04/2013 6:21 PM | Updated as of 06/04/2013 6:21 PM

MANILA - Graduates in information technology (IT) will realize they chose the right course once they enter the job market.

Headhunters said IT graduates already receive P30,000 to P60,000 as their entry-level salaries.

Mid-level programmers, on the other hand, have salaries from P70,000 all the way to P100,000 a month.

JobsDB head of executive search Tina Rodriguez said the IT industry “pays very well.”

She said there is also strong demand for IT executives and managers.

“The problem of the industry is that these [executives] are pirate-able…there’s only a handful of them,” she said.

The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is also another industry that gives hefty paychecks.

“The salary is at least P70,000 to P80,000 for those not in the managerial levels,” Rodriguez said.

MOVING UP

But headhunters said employees can now ask for a raise from employers, as long as they are equipped with the necessary skills that will make the companies cough up the additional labor cost.

JobsDB head of sales Theodore de Guzman advised employees to seek out higher education or certificate courses to make their chances of being promoted – with a bigger pay – better.

“Definitely, you don’t want to get stuck [where you are now]," he said.

Rodriguez added that one should “know” the industry she or he is at.

“Enhance your skills with courses and programs…For example, a [Master of Business Administration]," she said.

De Guzman said companies are even willing to sponsor additional education for employees.

“If there is so much potential [in the employee], there should be no problem [with the sponsorship],” he added.

Rodriguez added it is now normal for employees to be upfront and ask for promotions from the bosses. “You have to talk to the [human resources department] and be open about your plans.”

De Guzman said it would be better if the employee has a ready list of accomplishments. “When you approach the boss, you have to be straightforward.”

The most important of all, however, is to have an ambition, Rodriguez said.

“Think like a [Chief Executive] but also know where you’re at and have plans and work towards that goal," she said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/focus/06/04/13/which-industry-pays-entry-level-salaries-p30000-p60000

Please delete / lock if posted

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
Re: Which industry pays entry-level salaries of P30,000-P60,000?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:30:06 am »
problema di lahat ng IT ay magaling na progammer halos iilan lang

it ain't over. . .till its over

badw33d

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 11:25:56 am »
i guess its up to the head hunters then :D

Kalbs_0

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 22
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 01:47:57 pm »
Pero let's all be realistic here, ALMOST all of the IT companies here in the Phils ask for experience and how the heck will we be able to apply for a post if we are fresh grads??? isn't that the ugly truth about the IT industry here???
He who knows not that he knows that is a fool.... Avoid him....

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 10:52:56 pm »
Pero let's all be realistic here, ALMOST all of the IT companies here in the Phils ask for experience and how the heck will we be able to apply for a post if we are fresh grads??? isn't that the ugly truth about the IT industry here???

dami ko nakitang ganyan nung nagjojob search ako, puro cyclic redundancy lol, pero madidiscover mo naman na yung most na may 1 - 2 years lang na experience ang required, nawawaive naman yun as long as magaling ka sa entrance exam which was the case with me hehe :D

Jacob_Black

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -2
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 11:18:13 pm »
HP and IBM are accepting fresh grads. Those are the 2 biggest IT company in the Phillipines. Kanya kanyang diskarte lang yan.

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 11:32:14 pm »
Azeus systems inc. also accepts fresh grads, most likely dyan mo makukuha yung dream salary mo, pero be warned, sobrang boring ng environment at sobrang elitist lang din ng mga tao, mataas ang rate ng resignations hehe :P

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 12:02:54 am »
those companies will hire fresh grads...but they will not pay Php30K...

badw33d

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 12:53:58 am »

what you are pertaining here is the Education system. :-) bad system, and i was one victim.

so to ensure competitiveness on a college / university student, during these major years, they should be doing part time in their respective field.

it's not bad right? if you are an IT programmer, ask companies, or friends of friends, make use of the facebook connection or twitter or linkedin and others.

then do as much as you can, it's like a voluntary OJT. say you have 2~3yrs part time, it will be in your CV, thus you having an experience, and get a real edge.

also, get some certifications CCNA / MCSA / others. Heck take PRINCE2 or ITIL if you have to.

:)

maniac2999

• Console Gamers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 178
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 01:09:01 am »
what you are pertaining here is the Education system. :-) bad system, and i was one victim.

so to ensure competitiveness on a college / university student, during these major years, they should be doing part time in their respective field.

it's not bad right? if you are an IT programmer, ask companies, or friends of friends, make use of the facebook connection or twitter or linkedin and others.

then do as much as you can, it's like a voluntary OJT. say you have 2~3yrs part time, it will be in your CV, thus you having an experience, and get a real edge.

also, get some certifications CCNA / MCSA / others. Heck take PRINCE2 or ITIL if you have to.

:)

just to add, I had a bad experience with accenture before, they base their appraisal solely on your Transcript of Records , eh may isang bagsak ako so ayun, voice account inoffer sa kin instead of soft eng na target ko despite the fact na nasa top ako nung examinees nung araw na yun hahaha :P

sa mga ganitong klaseng company, hindi credited yang experience na OJT etc. , kelangan full time na worker ka, I think this is bad practice though sa side ng recruitment staff. But then again, why would you sign up with accenture ~

agency99

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 0
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 01:19:22 am »
In my humble opinion kaya din naman ganito kalaki sinasahod ng mga IT/Soft Eng eh kokonti lang naman nga talaga ang magagaling sa programming plus mejo malaking factor pa din kung san school ka galing luckily for my batch mates mejo na kilala din un school namin kahit nasa province kami, at saka pag nag SE eh mataas ang level ng stress kaya marami na hindi na din dito nag fifield tulad ko haha

gr4ntur1smo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 24
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 01:29:41 am »
TBH matataas talaga ang nasa IT field.. especially mga IT with lots of Certificates..
Before kinukuha nila base on work field like kung managerial managerial lang..kung network network din lang..
ngaun dapat malawak na sakop ng isang IT dapat kung Administrative ka exposed ka na rin sa networking, voice, etc etc.. in a way "neseyo ne eng lehet" :D kumbaga whole package ka na.. at ibig sabihin nun palaban finger4u

badw33d

• Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 4
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 03:06:24 am »
or, dagdag ko na rin lang. kung may pera ka, achieve MBA. If you are a MBA grad, your salary is way more than certifications attained.

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 03:50:59 am »
panaginip lang yan 30k-60k

kase may problema ang hiring industry natin

I'm a nurse e dami kung inaplayan for 4 years aprub ang mga entrance exam and yet pagdating mo sa HR Manager sasabihin sayo di qualified dahil walang experience sa field pota pinagtest pa ako tsaka pinagod minsan okay ka sa HR yung visor naman ang may problema lalo na kung lalake mamaliitin ka at di ka kukunin

kung galing ka sa sikat na school well totoo yan and we know sikat na school you need to invest alot

kung IT industry dapat ang exam e programming di IQ test or ganda ng TOR

dami ko nakitang ganyan nung nagjojob search ako, puro cyclic redundancy lol, pero madidiscover mo naman na yung most na may 1 - 2 years lang na experience ang required, nawawaive naman yun as long as magaling ka sa entrance exam which was the case with me hehe

bakla ba HR or mataba na dalaga?

Rockford

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 232
  • WORK Hard,PARTY Harder!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 05:03:11 am »
Well in my opinion this salary range can still be attainable by our fresh graduates, pero out of thousands of graduates only 3% - 5% will get thru this salary range.

Formula in getting this salary range:
  • Graduate of Class A school
  • Grades not lower that 90
  • Passed the Recruitment phase (exam & interview) with flying colors

So paano naman yung 95% ng mga graduates natin? most of them will go thru a lesser package. some may even have to switched careers.

Thats the sad truth sa ating sistema. sa school pa lang, di ka pa graduate, eh may discrimination na. companies prefer graduates of Class A school.

paano naman yung mga graduate sa province or Class B, C or D (kung meron man) schools. di lang nila alam na may mga magagaling na programmers / developers / support engineers from the provinces.

when i started my career first in the BPO industry, i remember yung criteria ng isang pioneer BPO company na inapplyan ko: accepting graduates of Ateneo, La Salle & UP only....it was like WTF!!!

until i switched careers from BPO to ITO ganyan pa din ang kalakaran pero what i can suggest sa mga ka-espiya specially the ones coming from Class C schools (which I belong), wag mawawalan ng pagasa, ok lang yan!

apply na lang muna sa mga companies that accepts fresh graduates kahit maliit lang muna ang kita, kahit Agency nga pinatos ko na din just to get that 2 Years Experience that these companies of sons of bitches are looking. BullSh!t talaga if you ask me pero ganun talaga ang sistema natin sa bansa eh.

Then while nag-work ka sa isang maliit na company or agency as Developer or Support Engineer, pumondo na kayo sa certification, in my case kahit may-bond, pinatos ko na din!

In two years I got at least 3 certs, kada matatapos ang bond (6 months) ko, kuha ulit ng bago.

As soon as you have the experience & certification needed you will be more marketable & the opportunities are now endless. you can try local or international companies here sa Pinas or you can even go to SG, KL (Cyberjaya), Australia or the Middle East.

ok lang kahit di muna kayo makapasok sa 30,000 - 60,000 bracket, darating din yan basta tyaga tyaga lang.
based sa topic, mid level programmers ranging 70K, kayang kaya makuha yan once you have the experience & certifications.

Tip: in the IT Industry, try going to a field na less ang competition. akala ng marami IT industry eh isa lang yan pero in reality maraming sub fields pa yan.

Here are the fields na less ang competition here & even abroad:
UNIX / Linux, Storage / Backup, IT Security, Service Management

Saturated na ang:
Desktop Support, Network Engineer, Systems Engineer (Email, Wintel, AD)

you can use these saturated fields as your training or leveling only & once you have the experience you can switch to other areas.

Good Luck to all! :D