Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Burger King ships Arwind Santos to SMB!!  (Read 2095 times)

~Muska~

• *:--☆--:*:--☆:*:--☆--:*:--☆--:
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 9
  • ┌∩┐(â—£_â—¢)┌∩┐
Burger King ships Arwind Santos to SMB!!
« on: July 12, 2009, 12:08:44 am »
Burger King ships Arwind Santos to SMB!!

Arwind Santos finally got his wish to play for San Miguel Beer, the winningest team in the history of the Philippine Basketball Association.

Burger King team manager and incoming board chairman Lito Alvarez confirmed to GMANews.TV that they have already agreed to send the 6-foot-4 forward to the Beermen after their third-place finish in the ongoing Motolite-PBA Fiesta Conference.

The Beermen are still playing the Ginebra Gin Kings in the best-of-seven championship series.

None among the officials confirmed the trade although a highly-placed source revealed that Santos will be shipped in exchange for three players – 6-foot-9 Samigue Eman, 6-foot-5 burly forward Ken Bono and veteran shooting guard Chris Calaguio.

But Alvarez said they are still negotiating with San Miguel as to who are the players they will be getting in exchange of the former Far Eastern University stalwart, who wound up as bridesmaid for the MVP plum for two consecutive years.

“We’ve agreed to send Arwind to San Miguel right after the battle for third place," said Alvarez. “Right now, pinag-uusapan pa namin kung sino yung kapalit."

Santos has long expressed his interest to play with San Miguel. He played for Viva Mineral Water and Magnolia, San Miguel’s farm team in the Philippine Basketball League and won championships on top of individual accolades.

In search of a PBA title, Santos may finally get his chance to win it this time with the power-packed Beermen, the winnigest team in pro league’s history with 17 championships. He will join a squad that has superstars like Dondon Hontiveros, veterans Danny Ildefonso and Olsen Racela, slotmen Mick Pennisi and Dorian Pena, guard Mike Cortez, and up and coming superstars like Marc Pingris, Jay Washington, Bonbon Custodio and Jons Villanueva.

The Beermen, who are still battling the Ginebra Gin Kings for the best-of-seven championship series, also have Danny Seigle and Lordy Tugade, who are both on the injured list.

Asked about his thoughts on this new development, Burger King coach Yeng Guiao said he was not aware that Santos’ transfer to San Miguel has already been approved.

“I have no knowledge about this," said Guiao. “Maybe it’s management to management negotiations."
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 10:16:58 pm by Kal-El »

jflash23

• hindi dahil matagal kana sa espiya tama ka na..
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • iba ang pisikal sa marumi..ROW 4
Re: Brgy. Ginebra Gin Kings vs San Miguel beermen
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 04:20:54 am »
grabe talga ang smb.kukunin sino ang gusto

smoking::

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 04:55:37 am »
kung si Arwind mismo ang nagpa-trade, OK lang yun.. fair naman din kasi magaling naman yung tatlo.. di lang nabibigyan ng playing time dahil halimaw ang bench ng SMB.. toast::

miguelitos

• I live by the rules, though sometime better ignore it!!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • Proud to be Espiya!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:48:33 pm »

Well, that is good for them, lagi naman full pack ang San miguel team eh..

Bad news yan kung di makakalro c helterbrand..They need to win the game 5.

Kailangan ng extra effort nina Menk, Mamaril at Reafis... toast:: toast:: toast::

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 10:16:38 pm »
Moderator's Note:

As this is a separate and unique topic from the GSM vs SMB Finals topic, I have created it's own thread. Please feel free to continue your discussion of this transaction on this thread.  toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
Re: Burger King ships Arwind Santos to SMB!!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 12:02:20 am »
I don't know about PBA rules, pero kung ma-finalize ito, makakapaglaro kaya sa finals si Arwind? ???

miguelitos

• I live by the rules, though sometime better ignore it!!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 7
  • Proud to be Espiya!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 12:32:39 am »

Nakupo kung maglalaro pa c Arwind eh tibay nila lalo....Mukang di pa confident ang San Miguel Management sa present line up nila ah. smoking::

Kabado pa ata si Siot ::pampam

The Dark Knight

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
  • I think you and I are destined to do this forever.
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 01:17:41 am »
i dont think he should play..it's already finals...kung mid-season trade pwede pa siguro...

kawawa naman yung tatlong SMBeermen na nabanggit sa trade, eh paano kung nag-champion ang SMB hindi sila kasama, malaki pa nman mag-paBunos ang SMB, kaya lahat ng player gusto mag-laro dun...

kung tatambay ka sa lobby ng SMC Building sa Ortigas, puro player at ex-players nila nandoon...

hopefully, Ginebra will win!!!!!!