Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Steve Nash w/ 2 MVP V.S John Stockton  (Read 1319 times)

Hirochi

• Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -3
  • -=Im Here to Share=-
    • Do Visit Spytamers Site
Steve Nash w/ 2 MVP V.S John Stockton
« on: June 14, 2007, 09:43:36 am »
mga pre gusto ko lng malaman opinion about this topic...

Sa tingin niyo bkit they gave 2 MVP to steve nash, and they didnt to john stockton????
Stockton is the no. 1 assist man in the NBA history.. and no doupt he can also shoot from the 3..
Bkit kya c nash my MVP, e c Stockton wla khit isa.. bkit kya mga pre..

Popoyyy

• Inappropriate for Children
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
  • Shadow owes its birth to light.
Re: Steve Nash w/ 2 MVP V.S John Stockton
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:04:29 am »
nung prime kc ni stockton nakasabay nya si Michael  Jordan

so dun pa lng wala na hehe

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:48:59 am »
Malone had 2 MVP's.. and most of Stockton's assists were converted by the mailman.. though Stockton was the leader, he was just the 'sidekick' of their superstar, the mailman.. just like Shaq and Kobe

pinoy_spier

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:02:06 pm »
si Stockton walang MVP dahil minalas siya sa mga nakasabay na players (Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, Karl Malone) at meron siyang mga teammates na talagang All Star tulad nga ni Karl Malone at pwede na rin si Jeff Hornacek.  Pero si Steve Nash, yung mga nakasabay niya e wala dun ang mga papantay pa sa mga tulad nila Jordan na talaga namang masmataas ang level at kung titignan mo yung teammates niya, si Shawn Marion lang ang talagang All Star at di pa siya kilala para sa offense niya. Si Amare Stoudemire naman, nung season lang na yun naging All Star kung kelan dumating si Nash sa Phoenix Suns ulit.  Tapos sino pa mga teammates niya nun? si Bell? James Jones? Barbosa?...tapos lahat sila napagaling niya!

dgnr8kid

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:26:22 am »
I agree with you guys. Stockton had the mailman. Nash is more valuable to the Suns than Stockton was to the Jazz simply because they had Malone. Nobody in the Suns lineup is as good as Malone when he was in his prime (I think he was in his prime for as long as I can remember). That's why.

It also helped that Nash and the Suns play a lot more "exciting" basketball (you know, more fastbreaks and less defense), it helped him in the voting. But definitely, Nash will never be as good as John Stockton was on defense.

f1stbench

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 10:54:51 am »
I think it's clear enuf...mahirap tlga pag npasabay ka sa magagaling like MJ, daming natabunan...pero if you'll observe, nung kalakasan ni Stockton, di masyado napansin si Nash, nung unti-unti nawala mga superstars ska lang napansin si Nash...

yobmo

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 5
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 11:26:59 am »
 laffman:: laffman:: stockton po ako.... no contest po yan

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 11:56:18 am »
it's really hard to compare two great players who have different styles of play. But as many has pointed out, Malone overshadows Stockton's game, and this makes it hard for John to show that he is the most valuable player of his team. You have to be the most valuable in your team before you can be the MVP for the whole league. This is very unfortunate for Stockton. But he is still one of the first 50 greatest players in the NBA, a recognition that is truly remarkable. On the other hand, Nash won the MVP twice because of the same reasoning above. He is the MVP of his team. But for Nash, unlike Stockton, no player in the Suns, not even Stoudemire nor Marion, overshadows him. So, is Nash really better than Stockton? Arguably he is, given his 2-time MVP awards. However, in my opinion, Stockton's greatness precedes him and his stats will say a lot. I believe even Nash will say that he has a lot of catching up to do to compare his stats to that of John Stockton. This debate will rest on individual opinions. And I think Stockton, though seemingly undervalued, is the better PG.  toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."