Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Roxas walks out on reporters after being asked on Yolanda aid program  (Read 1536 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..

ILOILO CITY, Philippines – Amid his barnstorming campaign in the Visayas to garner support from local executives over his presidential bid, Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) Secretary Mar Roxas walked out on a group of reporters after being asked his opinion on the problem-plagued Emergency Shelter Assistance (ESA) fund set aside for survivors of Typhoon Yolanda, the Philippine Daily Inquirer reported.

In an ambush interview, Roxas was asked by an ABS-CBN reporter on his stand regarding the ESA which has been riddled with delays and alleged irregularities.

In response, the Interior Secretary replied with “Well, whose agency is supposed to…?”

When the reporter answered Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD), Roxas shot back with “What is my agency?” before suddenly going out of the room.

The interview lasted a mere 17 seconds, with many reporters saying they were surprised by the Interior Secretary’s sudden walk-out.

Not only that, he refused to entertain further questions, they added.

However, the Interior Secretary’s allies said Roxas was just in a hurry to get to Bacolod City, Negros Occidental and wasn’t out to snub anyone.

Earlier, he made his pitch to 250 mayors who were attending a conference of the League of Municipalities of the Philippine (LMP) in the city.

Touting his family’s root in the Visayas, Roxas appealed to the executives to help place a Visayan President in Malacañang.

“Nobody else will be able to say this: nobody else, because I am the only one from Visayas. Join me and I will give you a President from the Visayas,” he told those in attendance.

Roxas’ mother hails from Negros Occidental while his father the late senator Gerardo Roxas was born in Capiz.

jpoks

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 38
Re: Roxas walks out on reporters after being asked on Yolanda aid program
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16:35 am »
Your the administration bet right sir? And you don't have  say in it? If you win the presidency, will you retain (DSWD) Soliman? (DOTC) Abad? (DA) Alcala, (DB) Abad? (MIA) Honrado? (Customs) Lina? So tell us sir why would we vote for LP presidential bet? Pag nanalo ko e di tuloy pa rin ang pag upo sa pwesto nitong mga inutil na LP na ito? Ano kami hilo?  >:(  :o

naruto789544

• Anime Fans
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 103
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 10:44:16 am »
hehehe... i could imagine the look in his face with that question....

Francoiz

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 10
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 11:07:16 am »
This martard really needs a high five...... on his face....... with a chair.
Grabe makasagot hahaha yan ba nag-aral sa WATSONS. Haha. JK.
 >:(  smoking::