Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Transcend MicroSDHC 16GB Class 10 with SD Adapter  (Read 1171 times)

venus_ims

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Transcend MicroSDHC 16GB Class 10 with SD Adapter
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:45:40 pm »
I'm here to tell everyone that I pulled the trigger on a necessary accessory for my Samsung Galaxy S II.. For modern smartphones that are built to conduct with an emphasis on digital media capture and consumption, access times to the main body of storage are important. If all you are using the card for is snapping pictures camera phone pictures this might not be a concern, but when you start adding HD video recording to the equation transfer speeds matter. So, I just bought the Transcend MicroSDHC 16GB Class 10 with SD Adapter, because Transcend cards have been extremely  trustworthy in my experience, with no failures I know of, between myself and my friends.

I tested transfer speeds using a Transcend USB 3.0 card reader plugged into a Windows 7 PC transferring a single 100MB file. Results are shown below:
CrystalDiskMark
The benchmark runs the test in Seq read/write, 512k read/write, 4k read/write.

We can see a read of 19.82MB/s and a write a 18.39MB/s. It proves that Class 10 card can write with a minimum of 10MB/s sequentially. The Transcend fulfills beyond the Class rating, which is something premium brands are recognized to do: playing it safe with the speed classification and in the process, giving you an extra performance as a bonus. Low priced cards are more likely to stick closely to their speed classification.

16GB of storage is definitely striking, especially for those that want to entirely use it in a mobile device, even for HD recording with smartphones The Class 10 card will speed up the performance on photo and video based applications such as browsing your media gallery. And if you are shooting 1080P HD video, then having a fast card can guarantee that you don't miss frames due to your memory card running slow.  If you’re that likes to keep your entire library with you, this Class 10 card should definitely be on your list.