Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: good news for celtics fans (kung may natitira pa): garnett headed for celtics  (Read 4663 times)

onin

• onin ang itawag mo sa akin
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
  • matalino man daw ang matsing;matsing pa rin!
for me personally i think in the long run boston will realize they have given up too much for garnett. i mean yes garnett is an automatic 20ppg 10rpg guy but he's 31 yrs old already and he isn't "the kid" anymore and being the core of the twolves he has endured a lot of banging and physical punishment, especially with his slender body and of course this will take catch up on him so i'd say i'd give him maximum of 4 years on his career and this would be evident already,and in that four years the twolves would already be enjoying the fruits of this trade with its young and new superstar and rosters.

also even with this lineup of allen,pierce and garnett i don't think they will win a championship with a mediocre coach like doc rivers,i don't think the guy has an impressive resume win it comes to winning. also,both allen and pierce are injury prone and both of them had missed a lot of games last season so their health is still in question.. if i were ainge after one season and the celtics didn't match their expectation, i would trade either of these two players for a solid point guard, a young player or a role player who hustles and a 1st round pick.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
Who said the Celtics will win a conference title? And if you will, what are their expectations this coming season?

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

Joey De Leon

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 51
  • I'm not asleep... but that doesn't mean I'm awake.
wag naman sanang mangyari yung parang all star cast sa portrtland dati which  includes pippen, rasheed wallace, bonzi wells zach randolph (basta madami pa!) cla pero hindi nag click  tsk tsk tsk pero gud luck na lang sa sa boston

***pahabol walang depensa cla paul at pareng rey hehehehe
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 08:06:57 am by Joey De Leon(",) »

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
do you think its a fair trade?

as a t-wolves fans i dont think so....other teams had better offer, its just that mchale and ainge are buddies...but from management standpoint, they say its a fair deal...they got good young players and financial flexibility..t-wolves are in rebuilding mode..they bought the contract of useless Hudson too....so any superstar that will be be free agent next summer they can have it...

although it's true that Ainge and McHale are buddies dating from their Celtics days, that had nothing to do with the trade. At the end of the day it was KG's call. It was explained in the press conference the other day. Also, it is true that other teams, especially Phoneix, had better offer. However, exchanging Amare for KG is equal to having KG stay with the T-Wolves. On paper, it may look good. But as pointed out, the T-Wolves management wants to go on a different direction, which is to rebuild. T-Wolves has a long-term goal, while the C's just made a short-term one.

Honestly, with all due respect, I can't understand why true fans see this as an unfair trade. Opportunities knock on your door for a brighter future. Why not take that and do away with what you have right now that is not really functioning?  toast::

if i were ainge after one season and the celtics didn't match their expectation, i would trade either of these two players for a solid point guard, a young player or a role player who hustles and a 1st round pick.

Granted, this is your opinion, and I do respect it. However, I must argue that a team will not automatically gel in a season. It is rare that a team can go through a total rebuild then gel, then win. We are talking about losing almost half of the roster here. The C's had to fill those spots up. This is a totally new team. Now, if Ainge will see this as a one-season trial and give up on the project if things won't work out right away, with your suggestion, the Celtics will be back in square one. All that money and player potential lost for naught. I say two to three seasons should be fair enough for the team to fully gel together.  But anything earlier than that will be unfair to the team. toast::
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:08:56 am by Kal-El »
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

onin

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17

if i were ainge after one season and the celtics didn't match their expectation, i would trade either of these two players for a solid point guard, a young player or a role player who hustles and a 1st round pick.

Granted, this is your opinion, and I do respect it. However, I must argue that a team will not automatically gel in a season. It is rare that a team can go through a total rebuild then gel, then win. We are talking about losing almost half of the roster here. The C's had to fill those spots up. This is a totally new team. Now, if Ainge will see this as a one-season trial and give up on the project if things won't work out right away, with your suggestion, the Celtics will be back in square one. All that money and player potential lost for naught. I say two to three seasons should be fair enough for the team to fully gel together.  But anything earlier than that will be unfair to the team. toast::
[/quote]

yup,agree on you at this point that the team should be given an ample time to gel first since its basically a brand new team. but obviously the celtics organization even though its just their first year has of course expectations on the team since it has 3 superstars. maybe just getting pass the 1st round of the playoffs or just getting into the playoffs itself. but anything less than that is of course a failure  for the whole organization and as i've said get rid of either pierce or allen right away as early as possible while they are still a hot commodity in the market.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 11:46:20 am by onin »

hippo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
The Celtics with 3 superstar players, Allen, Pierce, and Garnett. They'll be phenomenal, and so are their paychecks. The NBA salary cap is pegged at only US$ 55.6 million. Their combined salaries amount to US$ 55 million. That's the problem. How are they supposed to get other quality players who will fit the mold of these superstars with just six-tenths of a million? However, I still feel that Boston will get at around 30-40 wins with this development, 45 tops.

knight_ghostrider

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 3
hindi ko masyo naintindihan..pero kung mapapapunta si KG sa boston ok pero sana wag na isama si green sa trade kasi magaling naman siya...gustong gusto ko mga dunk ni Al...pero sana sa Lakers na lang si KG para me partner na si Kobe... smoking::

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure"

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
Kobe doesn't want a partner.

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

Hirochi

• Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -3
  • -=Im Here to Share=-
    • Do Visit Spytamers Site
yeah i agree. kobe doesnt want partner. hehe... thats why he is not in the finals.  laffman:: Good luck sa Celtics, kets just wait what will happen.  bnana

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton

Haha...this one's highly debatable. However, it came from KG himself that with all the hoopla surrounding Kobe during this offseason, he didn't really want to go to LA. So whether Kobe wants a teammate or not, it doesn't really matter. toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

Hayblad

• Endangered Species
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 26
  • If you have nothing good to say..SHUT THE F*CK UP!
abangan ang susunod na kabanata, Nov 2 yata sila maglalaro, ang nakikita kong problema eh san sila kukuha ng iba png players eh sagad na yata limit nila, ahahaha! you have KG, allen and pierce, what will happen pag mapagod sila or ma-foul out? i dont think they have a decent or mature player who will be a 6th, 7th or 8th man eh, tsaka susme, gudlak kay doc rivers, mablend kya nya yun tatlo eh its a fact na "ang galing" nya db? i'm a celtics/lakers fan kaya aabangan ko to, ay oo nga pala, hanggat nasa lakers si kobe eh kakalimutan ko muna na laker fan ako, ahahahaha!!!  laffman::

kobe do

tama ka jan dude!   laffman::

smoking::   smoking::   smoking::

hippo

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 0
hindi ko masyo naintindihan..pero kung mapapapunta si KG sa boston ok pero sana wag na isama si green sa trade kasi magaling naman siya...gustong gusto ko mga dunk ni Al...pero sana sa Lakers na lang si KG para me partner na si Kobe... smoking::

Kuya, wala na tayong magagawa.. Tapos na yung trade. Jersey number 5 na nga si Garnett sa Celtics eh.. Retired na kasi yung 21 sa Celtics.  :-[

onin

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 17
actually,kobe wants a teammate so that he could have someone else to blame for their losses but that's another story/thread laffman::