Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Spurs for a 4-0??  (Read 3543 times)

manoyihay

• tissue please!
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 42
  • With a shirt like this, who needs pants?
Re: Spurs for a 4-0??
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2007, 02:18:28 am »
na talo kac di ako nanood kahit isang game nila..  laffman:: (peace tau)  :-*

Bland_coke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 08:28:14 am »
pagbigyan nyo nlng yng cavs..hahaha...first tym lng nila james hahaha

Hirochi

• Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!Tsk! Tsk!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -3
  • -=Im Here to Share=-
    • Do Visit Spytamers Site
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 08:39:39 am »
mga manoyihay pa ksi ang mga cavs e... wla man lng cla veteran na mgaling... solid pla mag laro c eric snow. hanep, pag na2lo ang cavs cgurado xa ang MVP. wahaha... mga pre sa gling ni eric snow, abangan niyo next season yun shoes niya.. pangalan is the snowman. wahaha... eric snow idol kita weeeeee  b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*; b*;

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 10:48:52 am »
When the NBA Finals began, the Spurs was already a shoe-in for the championship. So should LeBron James be bashed like this? I am not trying to defend the kid, but simply giving what is due to the kid. He is just a four-year veteran with two years of playoff experience coming into this year's playoffs. You cannot blame any player who doesn't have enough experience for losing. You cannot blame a player who has to carry his whole team throughout the whole season into the Finals for losing. You cannot blame a player who tried to involve his teammates who didn't rise to the occassion for losing. However, the only thing that I think LeBron can be blamed for is the fact that he didn't take over the Cavs offense right away. It took too long and too late when LeBron decided to actually score. Last night's game was one of the nights where ballhogging was needed. As ABC commentator Jon Barry said during the halftime "LeBron doesn't need to be a Magic Johnson right now. Right now, he needs to be a Michael Jordan." Unfortunately, he didn't take over enough. But not to discredit San Antonio, they did play a hell of a defense on LeBron througout the series which made things tougher for LeBron and the Cavs.

Cleary, LeBron and the rest of the Cavs are not seasoned enough to be in this position [with the exception of Eric Snow and David Wesley (who I think Brown should've used for leadership experience in the playoffs)]. That's why I agree that they don't have any business to be in the Finals just yet. But the mere fact that, as inexperienced as they are they still reached the Finals, they should be given a lot of credit for. After all, they did win the Eastern conference. Say what you want to say as to how weak the East is. But at the end of the day, NBA history will write that the Cavs were in the running for a title, at least once. Truly a feat that is rare even to the most seasoned, and most sought-after superstar/s.

I am not a Cavs fan. I actually even wanted the Spurs to win so that Michael Finley can finally get a ring. However, the way LeBron is being discredited after what he has accomplished, i think, is just simply unfair. Look at this as LeBron's fall, just like MJ's fall against Detroit which was three years in a row. LeBron, with his basketball prowress and youth will win a championship down the road. He is still improving and is not even near his peak. Maybe it was too early for him to be on the "big stage." But he got there, gave it a shot, then lost. I guess that's what we call, basketball.  toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

Pool Hustler

• Natural Born Hustler
  • Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 26
  • "The more I practice the luckier I get."
    • Pool Hustler's Pinoyspy Links
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 11:03:24 pm »
As I have said on the other topics, Lebron got to the Finals a year early or two. The Cavs can't keep up with the Spurs' defense and experience. But it is really surprising that Lebron and Cavs went all the way into the Finals. This is a very huge accomplishment to the city and the team.

In the 4 games of the Finals, Lebron is not aggressive in the first 3 quarters. He makes plays for his teammates, instead of his teammates making the play for Lebron. He didn't dominate early and that is why the Cavs lost to them. Also look at his supporting cast. They are just inexperienced and doesn't know what to have in order to win.

In my own opinion, the Cavs should fire coach Mike Brown. He is not the coach for Lebron. What if Lebron's coach is Pat Riley? Or the great Phil Jackson? It will be just plain scary to play Lebron if he is handled by a great coach. Also, the Cavs need a good point guard like Mike Bibby that can be a great playmaker and a shooter. Trade Larry Hughes and fire Mike Brown.

As for the Spurs, they really did a great job in defending Lebron. That is why LBJ committed several turnovers and shot a low FG%. But he is only 22 and will get better.

Losing is part of winning. You need to lose to learn to win.

Ashriel

• YUI~LOVER
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
    • Friendster
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 01:33:02 am »
Yay Sweep... O.O

4 - 0

i really thought Cavs won't win anything cause remember this is their 1st time entering the finals since the time they joined NBA... Atleast it's experience for them ^_^

f1stbench

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma -1
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2007, 10:49:40 am »
Spurs is a deeper and more experienced team VS the Cavaliers...malupit ang backcourt at poste ng Spurs...considering their maturity sa laro... LeBron should be given credit for Cavaliers reaching the Finals...give him more time, medyo hilaw pa, remember basketball is a team game...isa pa, kulang sa diskarte ang Coach, nabigla yta ng mkarating cla sa Finals...sayang sina Snow and Wesley, hindi nagamit ...