Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Whos the better player?  (Read 1568 times)

vannister

• Active - First Star
  • Karma -2
Whos the better player?
« on: February 01, 2007, 08:06:47 am »
Mga spies para sa inyo sinu ang mas magaling na player overall between steve nash and jason kidd?Both experienced and no doubt great point guards.

dirty sanchez

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 8
Re: Whos the better player?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 08:12:20 am »
Steve Nash. Kasi "he makes his teammates better" at the same time, he puts up great numbers for himself. Gumaling ng husto ang Suns nung dumating sya dun. Tsaka 2 time MVP sya. Si Kidd magaling din, Mr. Triple Double sya kaso kulelat naman ang team nya. pero he's a great individual player.

vannister

• Active - First Star
  • Karma -2
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 08:20:25 am »
good point sir.pero do you think if jason kidd is to be in phoenix could he have done the same (or even better) than steve nash?considering the latters better supporting cast than the former? ???

mongol482

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 08:24:32 am »
Magaling sila pareho but I'll go with Steve Nash.

http://fantapedia.net/oneonone_nashvskidd

dirty sanchez

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 8
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:32:04 am »
Nung nasa Phoenix si Kidd, naging teammate din nya si Marion. Mahirap din sabihin kasi ibang player pa si Marion that time, naguumpisa pa lang maging allstar calibre player. kaso that time they were never this good as the current Suns team. Nung si Stephon Marbury naman nasa Phoenix, teammate nya sila Amare & marion but yun din, umabot lang sila sa playoffs pero early exit din & average lang ang record nila.

Tsaka yung teammates ni Nash ngayon like si Boris Diaw sobrang gumaling compared nung nasa Hawks sya. Barbosa ang galing din, pwedeng candidate for 6th man of the year. sa mga teammates ni Kidd la ka maasahan ganun. Si Mikki Moore lang ata medyo nagimprove sa Nets e. DI mo rin masabi kung si Kidd ang dahilan.

Pero like I said, they're the best PG's in the game today. Pero kung papipiliin ako, si Nash syempre.

bryan10_2006

• Pioneer
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 5
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 10:11:37 am »
steve nash 4 me..........

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 10:46:35 am »
Well, definitely being an MVP says a lot about Steve Nash, but to deviate from the most, which I will substantiate, I choose Jason Kidd as the better player. Kidd should have been the MVP in '02 which Shaq even mentioned during his Finals MVP speech saying that Kidd's the true MVP of that season which Duncan questionably won. Kidd didn't win the MVP because he's never the darling of the press, unlike Nash. This is exponatiated by the fact that there are reports of domestic violence towards his wife. And we all know that without the press, getting the MVP is quite hard.

With better supporting players, Nash wins the race. However, with more triple-doubles while having a poor and depleted line-up, Jason Kidd makes a great contention to the claim of who is better; not to mention two trips to the Finals which Nash has never acheived himself. They are both great point guards and are definitely future hall of famers. Also, players will die to play for either point guards. Lastly, their games, though both are point guards, cannot really be compared. Kidd in my opinion is more of the conventional point guard whereas Nash is not so conventional. As a team player, both players are up there. But as an individual player, with much more triple-doubles, Kidd is the better player.

With both of them being great as they are, I guess it just boils down to individual preferences as to who is better.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 10:49:38 am by Kal-El »
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

jeff

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 11:43:51 am »
Opinion ko Steve Nash but just by a hairline...

parehong pareho halos cla ng laro. 2 of the best court generals in the game to day.
ang lamang lang ni nash eh ung shooting range nya. tpos ang lamang nman ni kidd eh ung positioning skills nya pag dating s rebounds, kya may triple dble threat lagi.

kya lang mas pinili ko c nash eh kc when it comes to crunch time, mas papakinabangan ung
range niya, un lang un...   

dirty sanchez

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 8
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 12:44:01 pm »
i knew you'd point out the trip to the Finals. But you have to consider Kidd plays in the weak Eastern Conference. But yeah, you have a point about the off court issues that Kidd has.

Let's put it this way, Kidd was a better player 3-4 years ago, but if you're asking who is better now, or even last year, it's Nash without a doubt.

btw, did you guys watch the triple OT or was it 4 OT? between the Nets & Suns this season? That was one of the most entertaining NBA games I've ever seen.

fieldspaniel15

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2007, 12:04:28 am »
the ability to make everybody better is rily important and theres no question abt it and i doff my hat to steve nash....

Black Adam

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
  • "If You Can't Be Good, Be Bad."
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2007, 01:38:02 am »
Steve Nash cyempre. Back 2 back MVP e.