Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Kobe Bryant's 81 point game  (Read 9006 times)

Shakes

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: Kobe Bryant's 81 point game
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 10:26:06 am »
Alam niyo, Kobe is NOT a good basketball player. All he ever does is score. Basketball is a team sport and not a one-man-team sport. If you can't uplift your team mates, then you are not doing a good job. The reason Magic Johnson is so fun to watch and the reason everyone loved the Lakers during their time is because they had teamwork. Kobe sugapa lang sa bola.

The reason MJ became someone great is because he made his team mates popular. If MJ were more like Kobe and hogged the ball all the time, then he would have scored the same as Kobe and no one would have noticed Pippen and the gang.

Amen?

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 10:27:33 am »
i don't know if you guys were aware of this, but kobe's 81 point outburst happened in his 666th career regular season game, yes 666... It's been a very long time since I've learned about this but it still gives me the chills..

http://bumpshack.com/2006/07/01/kobe-the-devil-bryant-and-the-666-connection/

erick brian mendosa

• Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -2
  • oh my...oh my! ohh yeah!
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 12:36:49 pm »
mj is mj and kobe is kobe. kobe is not mj and mj is not kobe. magkaiba sila ng style. but one thing lang ang wala kay kobe na meron kay mj. and that is BEING A TRUE LEADER/TEAM CAPTAIN.  yan ang key sa lahat ng mga tremendous plays ng bulls during his era.  di ko nakikita yan kay kobe, remember nyo ba yung all star cast na lakers against detroit? di ba lahat ng nba stars kinuha ng lakers like payton, malone etc just to be a champion again. but ano nangyari? wala! nag away away pa cna shaq and kobe di ba? so nasan yung leadership don? mayroon c Michael Jordan nyan! MJ is the only player na ginalang ni rodman sa entire career nya. kilala nyo naman si rodman di ba?

megasyxx

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 01:58:47 pm »
buwakaw eh  bnana

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 02:14:02 pm »
Ok, before I say anything, I want to establish the fact that I am an MJ fan through and through. But however, I am not here to bash KB24.

A lot of people here, as I've noticed, mentioned that Kobe is a ball hog, and he lacks the leadership that MJ has, as well as his inability to raise the level of his teammates' games. All of these are true. But we have to step back a little and see that the great Micheal Jordan himself shared these same characteristics when he started in the league. Michael will not win 10 scoring championships if he wasn't a ball hog. Now, the difference lies in their maturity. MJ's maturity didn't take that long because he was hungry for a championship. Kobe, on the other hand, experienced championship too soon which could've hindered his growth and maturity as a basketball player. But like Michael, all Kobe needs is time to mature, though slowly, he will mature (or should I say he SHOULD mature?). Once Kobe matures and understands his role better, he will be able to help his teammates get better. Also, in time, he should be able to bring his defense up which is another thing that he is lacking when compared to MJ. This is regardless of his inclusion to the NBA All-Defensive team a few times now. I just think that his defense, even now, is still sub par compared to MJ's. Nonetheless, he is still a great player in his own right.

Now, on the topic of not comparing them. Although we really shouldn't since they are different players from different eras, because of their similiarity in style you can't help but compare (Sorry Mr. Erick Brian Mendosa, but i beg to differ from your remark that they have different styles.) Kobe  Bryant tries to emulate Michael Jordan. There is nothing wrong with this. As MJ himself said, "Other players will learn from me and develop those skills further as I've learned from others that came before me..." But since Kobe seems to be the only one really "wanting to be like Mike" by the way he plays, comparisons will never end.

Kobe is destined to be one of the all-time greats, no doubt. Is he better than MJ? Personally, I will never think so. He is still very far from what MJ has accomplished both as an individual and a team player. To me, MJ is the greatest ever, PERIOD. But that's another argument. Kobe's 81-point game is to stay as the 2nd best single-game scoring record. Truly a great feat that is one for the record books. But how he got it, well, that's another debate. What's important is that there are players such as Kobe that is keeping the game of basketball exciting and fun. Remember, a lot of people thought that it's the end for the NBA when Magic and Bird left the game, but MJ came. Same thing when MJ left, people felt that the NBA will never be the same again, but Kobe and the others came and stepped-up to give us all a different kind of ball game. Let's just face it, this is a different era of basketball from what we grew up watching. toast::
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 02:18:01 pm by Kal-El »
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

BADFISH

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -4
  • "When U Smoke Herb, It Reveals You To Yourself"
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 02:58:00 pm »
Kobe? The best player in the game? Wow. Ilang taon ka na ba dude?

Alam kong marami ang Kobe fans ngayon. Mga bata pa. Bilib na bilib kayo kay Kobe dahil ngayon ninyo siya nakikita. Pero sa aming mga Jordan fans, nasubaybayan namin si MJ. At masasabi kong walang kwenta ang mga pinag-gagagawa ni Kobe ngayon kung ikukumpara mo lahat ng nagawa ni MJ.

81 points against a weak team like the Raptors? I would rather have the 63 point performance of MJ against the legendary Celtics.

Mabibilib pa ko kung naka-81 siya against the mighty Detroit Pistons.

With all the respect to poolhustler..  22 yrs old lng ako. I'd been a big fan of NBA since grade 6. Sinabi ko lang na kobe is d best player in the history of d game simply becoz im a kobe fan hehehe. But i have nothing against Mike. Jordan is still the best athlete in d universe (wala akong duda dun!).

But here how it goes; Kobe enter the NBA at the age of 17 yrs & 10 months young (17 yrs & 7 months when he start train in lakers training camp). Kaya its so unfair ro compare kobe to mj. MJ plays 4 north carolina in his college career while kobe is just a hyskul senior when he drafted in the league.Straight from highskul,the good thing about kobe is mabilis cyang nag-mature sa pro basketball. What im trying to say is kobe is less experience than mike in their early yrs. But again, in his 10 seasons in the league,he already had 3-time NBA Champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 9-time NBA All-Star: 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007(No All-Star game in 1999 due to league-wide lock-out), 2-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2002, 2007, 9-time All-NBA Selection (NBA version of mythical team), 7-time All-Defensive Selection, 2-time NBA scoring champ. In the history of kobe's career in the NBA, he never said na cya ang d best player ever or even close to jordan. He is a big fan of jordan actualy. Sports indusrty (media, press, magz, analysts, etc...) ang nagsasabi na cya ang "d next MJ" (kaya wag kau magalit sa kanya hehe). Even Magic (bigfan & a good friend of MJ) said that kobe is the closest player among all NBAplayers to become the next "MJ". MJ got his first ring at the age of 30-31..? while kobe did it when he's 22. Let's w8 until kobe turn 36 & by then we'll see what he had already accomplished ( he just turned 29). Hindi talaga macocompare c MJ and kobe sa isat-isa dahil hindi naman cla nag-kaharap in the peak of their careers. Para mong pinag-laban c Tyson at Ali. Gets? Kaya nga he dont like 2 be d second jordan, he just like 2b d first kobe.

And to MJ fans, have u all noticed the defensive strategy na ginagawa ng kalaban against the two? MJ is doubled team when he drives to the basket, while kobe is doubled team the very fist step he entered the half-court.

Marami nang nag-bago sa systems & rules ng laro sa nba (like defensive 3 secs, handcheck fouls,etc...) kaya we can never really say.

And some says kobe is bakaw? Well. he has all the reasons to shoot the ball bec. he is a shooting guard w/ a high fg%. And he is payed to do that stuff. So dapat mas maasar kau kay AI kc cya lang ang bakaw na point guard (point guards should set offensive play for his team8s and not for his self.

Hindi ka bilib when he scores 81 against Raptors? How bout when he scores 62 in 3 quarters against Dallas? Hindi ka parin bilib?

GO LAKERS!!! GO GINEBRA!!! PEACE OUT!!! ('',)

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 05:42:52 pm »
Sorry Pool, but I have to step in...

Ok, let's straighten this out...

With all the respect to poolhustler..  22 yrs old lng ako. I'd been a big fan of NBA since grade 6. Sinabi ko lang na kobe is d best player in the history of d game simply becoz im a kobe fan hehehe. But i have nothing against Mike. Jordan is still the best athlete in d universe (wala akong duda dun!).

here you mentioned that Kobe is the best player in the history of the game because you are a fan. nothing wrong with that, and is respected. Kobe is great in his own right after all. However, if you mention Jordan as the best athlete in the universe and not acknowledge him as the best player in history, then you are contradicting yourself. You cannot call him the best among the best if you cannot acknowledge him as the best ever in his sport.

But here how it goes; Kobe enter the NBA at the age of 17 yrs & 10 months young (17 yrs & 7 months when he start train in lakers training camp). Kaya its so unfair ro compare kobe to mj. MJ plays 4 north carolina in his college career while kobe is just a hyskul senior when he drafted in the league.Straight from highskul,the good thing about kobe is mabilis cyang nag-mature sa pro basketball. What im trying to say is kobe is less experience than mike in their early yrs. But again, in his 10 seasons in the league,he already had 3-time NBA Champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 9-time NBA All-Star: 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007(No All-Star game in 1999 due to league-wide lock-out), 2-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2002, 2007, 9-time All-NBA Selection (NBA version of mythical team), 7-time All-Defensive Selection, 2-time NBA scoring champ. In the history of kobe's career in the NBA, he never said na cya ang d best player ever or even close to jordan. He is a big fan of jordan actualy. Sports indusrty (media, press, magz, analysts, etc...) ang nagsasabi na cya ang "d next MJ" (kaya wag kau magalit sa kanya hehe). Even Magic (bigfan & a good friend of MJ) said that kobe is the closest player among all NBAplayers to become the next "MJ". MJ got his first ring at the age of 30-31..? while kobe did it when he's 22. Let's w8 until kobe turn 36 & by then we'll see what he had already accomplished ( he just turned 29). Hindi talaga macocompare c MJ and kobe sa isat-isa dahil hindi naman cla nag-kaharap in the peak of their careers. Para mong pinag-laban c Tyson at Ali. Gets? Kaya nga he dont like 2 be d second jordan, he just like 2b d first kobe.

On this one, first and foremost, it is not unfair to compare Kobe from MJ. Age may play a role in the maturity, but it has nothing to do with raw talent. On your argument that it's unfair that MJ played 4 yrs of college ball (actually, he only played 3 years) and Kobe got drafted after HS, that was all Kobe's fault. He had the choice, he made the choice, that was all him. There is no argument of unfairness in that. Now, you started citing Kobe's different accolades during his 10 seasons with the league. May i suggest that you also look at Jordan's accolades in his first 10 seasons with the league, then compare. Now, you are comparing apples to apples.

Next, you compared how early Kobe got his rings compared to MJ. Now, that defeats the purpose of your first argument that it is unfair since Kobe entered at 17 yrs old. How can you use the age argument in two different ways? You used it for Kobe as a disadvantage then you use it as an advantage. Where is the consistency in that? But aside from that, let's make this clear. MJ is the guy who won the six championships and  Finals MVP's, while Pippen is the help. For Kobe, Shaq won the three championships and Finals MVP's while he (Kobe) is the help. Big difference, isn't it? So basically, and unfortunately, he didn't earn it as much as he should to call it his championships. To the world MJ's championships are his, and the Laker championships in 2000-2002 are Shaq's.

It is well-known that Kobe does not want to be compared or be labeled as the next MJ, cause he just wants to be Kobe. It is also known that Magic complimented him as the next best thing to MJ, in which I strongly agree. But when you start citing his achievements next to MJ's name, then you are insinuating a comparison.

And to MJ fans, have u all noticed the defensive strategy na ginagawa ng kalaban against the two? MJ is doubled team when he drives to the basket, while kobe is doubled team the very fist step he entered the half-court.

Marami nang nag-bago sa systems & rules ng laro sa nba (like defensive 3 secs, handcheck fouls,etc...) kaya we can never really say.

now, you argue on this based on changes of defense strategies and rules. The reason why Jordan is not easily double-teamed is simply because other teams know that Jordan is highly capable of distributing the ball to his teammates, thus, making their efforts futile. Kobe on the other hand is being double-teamed because teams can afford to do this. They know that Kobe forces a lot of his shots before choosing to pass. However, this is understandable because he doesn't have a good scoring support. But when he was playing with Shaq, did you ever see him double-teamed? And the answer is NO. Jordan is very dangerous in every aspect of the game., Kobe is merely a scoring machine.

Then you touched on the rules, and here is what I am going to say about that. As you can see in Pip's blog/article, he mentioned that the rules now are more relaxed than their era. And this only means one thing, easier way to score. Enough said about that.

And some says kobe is bakaw? Well. he has all the reasons to shoot the ball bec. he is a shooting guard w/ a high fg%. And he is payed to do that stuff. So dapat mas maasar kau kay AI kc cya lang ang bakaw na point guard (point guards should set offensive play for his team8s and not for his self.

Hindi ka bilib when he scores 81 against Raptors? How bout when he scores 62 in 3 quarters against Dallas? Hindi ka parin bilib?

My final dissection of your argument. Yes, Kobe is a ball hog..."bakaw" as you said. Though it is justified why he does it. The fact is, he still is a ball hog, and it still takes a lot away from his team. Then again, he has no choice since the support is weak. But when you mentioned AI, though he is a ball hog, before you start saying things like that, look at his stats too. Although his is not a pass-first kind of PG, he still plays like one. He dishes at least 7.2 APG this season, and 6.2 in his career. I think that is decent enough for a point guard. He's actually #8 in APG among the league's point guards. If you can justify Kobe's ball hogging, you can definitely justify Iverson's. Remember, Iverson didn't have the support he needed in Phillie that's why he resulted as a scoring PG. Familiar? Yes, the same situation as Kobe's right now.

On those scoring, though they are fantastic, I think Poolhustler's point is that those scoring barrages are done on defensively weak teams. And that's what takes away from how fantastic it is. It is unbelievable, no doubt, because it's rare. But again, on how it's was done and to whom dilutes it.

Again, I am not a Kobe hater, its just that MJ was insinuatedly compared to. That's why I have to react. But nonetheless, I respect doxx0710's views about Kobe. Kobe is great. But unfortunately, not the greatest.  toast::
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 06:05:11 pm by Kal-El »

Pool Hustler

• Natural Born Hustler
  • Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 26
  • "The more I practice the luckier I get."
    • Pool Hustler's Pinoyspy Links
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 09:34:42 pm »
Correct ka diyan Sir Kal-El. Lahat ng sinabi mo, agree ako.

Eto lang ang akin:

Kobe enter the NBA at the age of 17 yrs & 10 months young (17 yrs & 7 months when he start train in lakers training camp). Kaya its so unfair ro compare kobe to mj.

Lebron will surpass Kobe. That's for sure. Silang dalawa ang pwede natin ikumpara dahil pareho silang galing HS.

But again, in his 10 seasons in the league, he already had 3-time NBA Champion: 2000, 2001, 2002, 9-time NBA All-Star: 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007(No All-Star game in 1999 due to league-wide lock-out), 2-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2002, 2007, 9-time All-NBA Selection (NBA version of mythical team), 7-time All-Defensive Selection, 2-time NBA scoring champ.

Nasabi na ni Kal-El ang about sa championships. Kay Shaq lahat yun at hindi kay Kobe.

Kobe plays mediocre defense. Hindi siya dapat napapasama sa Defensive selection. MJ won a Defensive Player of the Year. Beat that Kobe.

Siya lang ata ang All-Star MVP na binu-boo ng crowd. Remember the game sa Philly? That was historical.

2-time NBA scoring champ? Wow dapat pala silang dalawa ni Tracy McGrady ang kinukumpara natin. I don't think papayag si Shaq na mag-shoot si Kobe ng ganun kadami para lang maging scoring champ.

In the history of kobe's career in the NBA, he never said na cya ang d best player ever or even close to jordan. He is a big fan of jordan actualy.

He is an MJ fan but hindi siya proud about dun. He always talks about himself being a Laker fan and a Magic Johnson fan.

I really don't think Kobe can score that much kung kalaban niya ang Detroit Pistons. (yung Bad Boys dati na sila Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, etc) Hindi kaya gawin ni Kobe ang mga nagawa ni MJ. Period.

And some says kobe is bakaw? Well. he has all the reasons to shoot the ball bec. he is a shooting guard w/ a high fg%.

MJ and Kobe shoots A LOT during a game. But every game, MJ shoots better FG% than Kobe. Over 50% for MJ and less than 50% for Kobe. That only means Kobe does not shoot with a high FG% and that's a fact.

And here is my final say about this:

MJ is a complete player. Kobe is just a scorer.

Consistency, defense, steals, rebounds, assists, points per EVERY game for your career not just the ones you did well in, these sound like basic things to look for in a player, but when you compare players to MJ do you really know how high the standard barrier has been set? Clearly some of you dont.

Pure Askal

• Jiggle it!
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 09:43:10 pm »
Idol ko pa rin si wilt chamberlain. awoooo aw aw aw ;D

You got that right!
Although I like Kobe, he's good and all, still, Mike and Kobe got nothing on Wilt! He is Kobe, and Shaq in one! ..And if we're talkin about numbers, read the stats and weep boys!

"The record books are indeed heavy with Chamberlain's accomplishments. He was the only NBA player to score 4,000 points in a season. He set NBA single-game records for most points (100), most consecutive field goals (18) and most rebounds (55). Perhaps his most mind-boggling stat was the 50.4 points per game he averaged during the 1961-62 season--and if not that, then perhaps the 48.5 minutes per game he averaged that same year"
Do the Bounce baby! Boink Boink Boink do the Boink Boink Boink

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 09:56:51 pm »
Idol ko pa rin si wilt chamberlain. awoooo aw aw aw ;D

You got that right!
Although I like Kobe, he's good and all, still, Mike and Kobe got nothing on Wilt! He is Kobe, and Shaq in one! ..And if we're talkin about numbers, read the stats and weep boys!

"The record books are indeed heavy with Chamberlain's accomplishments. He was the only NBA player to score 4,000 points in a season. He set NBA single-game records for most points (100), most consecutive field goals (18) and most rebounds (55). Perhaps his most mind-boggling stat was the 50.4 points per game he averaged during the 1961-62 season--and if not that, then perhaps the 48.5 minutes per game he averaged that same year"

Weep? haha funny...read my posts here

http://espiya.net/forum/index.php?topic=51906.msg182312#msg182312

http://espiya.net/forum/index.php?topic=51906.msg183087#msg183087

I've had a good discussion with redreddread2 who himself is a Chamberlain fan...here I discussed my Wilt and MJ comparison....when  you are done, i will wait for your arguments, then we talk more....then again, we might be off topic with this already... toast::

Pool Hustler

• Natural Born Hustler
  • Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 26
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 10:36:13 pm »
Some videos to prove that MJ is better than Kobe.

Michael Jordan's stats and Kobe Bryant comparison talk

[youtube=425,350]m_RrkrML31w[/youtube]

Michael Jordan (past his prime) schools Kobe Bryant

[youtube=425,350]7L2Rhv_toDk[/youtube]

Kobe Bryant admits that he tried to copy Michael Jordan

[youtube=425,350]11f3Ym4Tquk[/youtube]

Kobe Bryant's defense

[youtube=425,350]wd-eCLixRGI[/youtube]

BADFISH

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -4
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 05:18:35 am »
Hehehehe dami nagreact sa cnabi ko. Again uulitin ko. I had nothing against MJ. MJ is the greatest basketball player ever exist in this planet. PERIOD. Kahit magpa-tattoo pa ko ng mukha ni MJ sa dibdib ko hindi ko pagsisisihan. He's the only NBA player to wrote in GUINESS.

What im trying to say is everybody has a negative reactions everytym kobe does something spactacular. When he scores 81, critics says that MJ is still better. When he scores 62 in 33 minutes against Mavs, critics says MJ is still better. When he scores 50+ pts in 4 consecutive games, still...critics say he's no MJ. Who cares by the way? In the first place, he is just an ordinary player trying to win every game in his own possible way. Thats why when he enter the court, he wears a laker jersey # 24 & not bulls # 23. Clear?

Here are some reactions to Kobe's 81:

Warriors coach Mike Montgomery was asked about how to stop Kobe from scoring (scoring..not shooting): "Put King Kong on him."

Pat Riley and Heat forward Antoine Walker (Shaquille O'Neal wasn't talking) when asked if Bryant could score 100 points, Riley said: "If you can get 81? Absolutely. You just need 10 more attempts." Walker, whom teammate Gary Payton called Sunday night and ordered to get to a TV to watch Bryant's show, suggested Bryant won't have another night like that because it won't be permitted: "No other team or other players will let that happen. Now guys will foul out trying to stop him from doing that. If someone gets 81 on me, I'm going to clothesline him."

Jermaine O'Neal and got this whopper about Bryant: "He might have solidified being the best offensive scoring player to ever play the game." Now, to clarify, O'Neal is not ready to say Bryant is flat-out better than Michael Jordan. This is what O'Neal's analysis is: "Overall, I don't think he's better than Jordan, but he (Bryant) has more offensive moves to put him at another level. He's at a whole different level than anybody else in this league."

The Rockets had played in Detroit and were just arriving in Milwaukee late Sunday night when all-star guard Tracy McGrady first heard about Kobe's feat. "We were on the bus and Luther (Head) yelled out, Kobe's got 70- something and there's 4 minutes left,'" McGrady said. "I said, Luther stop lying.' I hurried up and got my key and went to my room and called one of my boys to put on the game, and Kobe was at the free throw line with 79 points. "I said, Are you serious?' I don't think I could score that many in a video game."

"I'm still in awe of what that kid did," McGrady said. "It was just a hell of a performance for him to shoot the ball only 46 times to score 81 points. But not just to be able to shoot it 46 times, but to shoot it 46 times and hit well over 50%.

"There are nights I'm in the 30s of shots taken and I've been fatigued. To take 46 (shots) and 20 free throws and end up with 81 points, I didn't believe it."

Minnesota's Wally Szczerbiak certainly does love to shoot. Steve Aschburner of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune got this extremely strong statement of support about Bryant's big night from Szczerbiak: ``It was awesome. I watched the whole game. I've got a lot of respect for that guy. All the criticism he's taken over the years, I don't think it's warranted at all. He puts himself out there. He wants to win; you can see it in his eyes. Everyone criticizes him for shooting too much, but he's just doing what he feels he needs to do to help his team win ball games."

Pistons guard Chauncey Billups, part of the crew that took down the Lakers' dynasty in 2004, said: "You'll never see my 80 (points). I'm not in that kind of shape to score that much. That's crazy. I think in high school one time I had 56. And my arm and my shoulder were so tired, I had to ice that thing down. That really takes so much energy to score those kind of points. You've got to think about because, you're not making every single shot. There's a lot of shots you go and miss shots, you've still got to play 'D.'... No way I could do that."

"I think he has a lot to prove," TJ Ford said. "I'm curious to know if he's trying to average 40 points a night for the season."

Other reactions ranged from wonder to genuine puzzlement over the way the Raptors had tried to defend Bryant. Some players joked that NBA Commissioner David Stern should suspend the Raptors team for allowing Bryant to break the 80-point barrier.

"That's pretty impressive," said Bucks forward Bobby Simmons, who often defended Bryant when Simmons was playing for the Los Angeles Clippers. "I just couldn't believe the Toronto team let him get 81.

Bucks forward Toni Kukoc played with Michael Jordan during the Chicago Bulls' great run in the 1990s and watched several of Jordan's scoring outbursts. But the highest scoring game Jordan ever had was a 69-point night in 1990 at Cleveland.

"I mean, it's obviously hard to score 81 points," Kukoc said. "I watched the end of the game and the other four guys from the Lakers didn't touch the ball past halfcourt.

"When someone scores 40 on you, maybe you should pay more attention to the guy. When somebody scores 50, maybe you'd say we should triple-team him.

"When somebody scores 81, I don't know. . . .

"But all credit to Kobe. Watching those last seven or eight free throws he had, you could see he was seriously determined to make all of them and score as many points as he could."

"Eighty-one blew those out, and that's remarkable," Bucks coach Terry Stotts said. "It's not to say it won't be done again, but it sure is unlikely."

"Eighty-one, the second most all-time, is in a different stratosphere," Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy said. "He's having a wonderful year. He doesn't need to be compared right now to anybody. He's doing things right now that are off the charts."

(Hindi ko mahanap ung mga comments nila Kerr, Barkley, Magic, MJ, AI, etc... Pero lahat cla positive ang cnabi)

Marami nagsasabi na hindi magkakaroon ng rings c kobe kung wala c shaq. I agree. But try to put it this way. Put Shaq in Hawks or Bobcats. i dont think he can even reach the playoffs. Remember the fisrt years of shaq in the lakers? Kabataan pa nya un, meaning he's more quicker. he jumps higher, etc... Pero hindi prin cya nakapasok kahit sa 2nd round lang ng playoffs the fact na kasama nya cla Edie Jones, Van Exel, Harper, Divac (not sure) and they are at the peak of their careers. Meaning..hindi c shaq ang dahilan ng lakers era, maybe Phil, Horry, maybe Fox, there are a lot of guys to be consider. Its really a team effort. To all shaq's fans wag kau magalit ha? I h8 shaq but not as a player but as a immature player. Dati cnabi nya na cya ang reason why Penny became a star. Then he also said the same to kobe. And as expected, when he traded to Miami he said "It's time for D-Wade to shine". Get's nyo point ko? He takes all the credit to this players why they became stars. In my opinion, Kobe,Wade,Penny will bacome who they are today even w/o shaq. They create their names in their own ways.

boylaki

• PAG BAD KA BAN KA
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • Lahat ng Espiya Kaibigan Ko
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 10:08:52 am »
Yup I agree kobe is just a scorer and he don't have a teammate like mj who has scottie pippen
LONG LIVE PINOYSPY
PINOYSPY ANG WEBSITE NG TAONG BAYAN

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 10:49:59 am »
Hehehehe dami nagreact sa cnabi ko. Again uulitin ko. I had nothing against MJ. MJ is the greatest basketball player ever exist in this planet. PERIOD. Kahit magpa-tattoo pa ko ng mukha ni MJ sa dibdib ko hindi ko pagsisisihan. He's the only NBA player to wrote in GUINESS.

What im trying to say is everybody has a negative reactions everytym kobe does something spactacular. When he scores 81, critics says that MJ is still better. When he scores 62 in 33 minutes against Mavs, critics says MJ is still better. When he scores 50+ pts in 4 consecutive games, still...critics say he's no MJ. Who cares by the way? In the first place, he is just an ordinary player trying to win every game in his own possible way. Thats why when he enter the court, he wears a laker jersey # 24 & not bulls # 23. Clear?

Well, it was just me and pool that really reacted to what you said. But anyhow...the thing is this, and I reiterate from my previous post, I understand the respect, recognition, and maybe even adoration for Kobe. Believe me, we share those exact same sentiments about Kobe Bryant. And I also know you have nothing against MJ. I was just simply pointing out that what you said contradicted. You said that Kobe is the best player ever, but MJ is the best athlete in the universe. Now, you are even willing to put a tattoo on you chest. I understand that you made Kobe the best player because he is your favorite. But it doesn't make any sense if you say that, and at the same time admit that MJ is the best athlete in the universe. NO player can be the best among the best in the world of sports without being the best in his/her own sport. Again, and I apologize, the comment just didn't make any sense.

Also, (and I have to reiterate on this too) the only reason why I started a rebuttal to your arguments is simply because Kobe's achievements were laid down on the table right next to MJ's name. You basically started a comparison. I just thought that I have something to say about that.

Now, about everybody having a negative reaction when Kobe does something spectacular, ofcourse there are critics who will say these things. Why? Because Kobe tries to be like Mike. No matter what he say, in the end he still plays, acts, walks, and talks like Mike. Is it right to compare them? No. But with strong similarities, no one can help but compare. It might not do any justice to both men, especially to Kobe, but that's human nature. You've seen the best player, now here comes someone who plays like him. Are you going to sit there and say, "No, they are different. We can't compare the two..." even with all the similarities? I don't think so. Unfortunately, most if not all of the comparisons made are negative towards Kobe. It's simply because MJ is a tough act to follow, and Kobe still looks like he is nothing but a copycat. Only when (or if) the time comes when Kobe has added more to his game to make it look less Jordanesque will these comparisons be in Kobe's favor. Until that time comes, it will stay negative. But the fact of the matter is, comparisons will stay.

Who cares? Kobe does. At the end of the day, no matter what Kobe says, he's still one of the kids who grew up watching MJ. And like most kids that watched MJ, he wanted to be like Mike. Now that he is the most capable person to be the next MJ, he will try his best to equal or even surpass MJ. Kobe is not an ordinary player. He is a well-gifted player who is destined for basketball greatness. He has the ability to be like or more than MJ. And seriously, in contrary to what you said, if he could, Kobe would've worn a Bulls 23.

And about Shaq, now that's a whole different debate.... toast::

« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 10:53:50 am by Kal-El »

bugs_007

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -1
  • yo wazzup
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2007, 03:44:51 am »
SI KOBE IBA,SI MJ IBA, PRO KAYA BA NI MJ NA MAG SKOR NG 81 PTS........HEHEHE

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 01:33:34 am »

please refer to Scottie Pippen's interview as posted by PoolHustler above...

Intellisense

• Beta Tester
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 38
  • Tester of 1's and 0's
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 01:45:11 am »

si mj pa ang dinare(dare) mo? nung bata pa ko nood ko lagi laban ni mj... at basta xa n ang 2mira 90+% shoot un(base lamang sa napanood kong mga laban niya)...

CaptainJackSparrow

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
  • Have i threatened you before?
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 02:05:59 am »
ang dami na plang achievements ni kobe eh. nba 1st team, all star mvp, scoring title, etc. eh bkit hndi pa naging mvp? after 10 yrs! ahaha! hndi nman ibig sbihin nka score ka ng 81 eh mas magaling na sya. scoring more points means more attempts. may go signal lang si kobe to shoot the ball. bigyan ng coach ng chance ung mga stars nila sa team na tumira ng ganun karami at bka hndi lang 81 ang iskorin nila. kobe is good but he can never do it alone. bka kht sa finals hndi nya madala ung lakers eh. buti pa si AI nadala ung philly sa finals kht puno ng injuries ung buong katawan. now thats what you call a warrior! nver compare AI to kobe. AI beat kobe in their rookie year.

• Active - First Star
  • Karma -2
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2007, 02:37:05 am »
eto nanaman tayo sa mga topics na ganito. basta para sa akin si MJ ang greatest. LAM NYO BAKIT? LAHAT NG PLAYERS SA KANYA KINCOMPARE.  kaya yung nagsabi na si kobe ang greatest. kaw na rin nagsabi na kahit sila magic kinocompare si kobe kay mj. think again! pag 36 na si KOBe, 3 pa rin rings niya.

Pool Hustler

• Natural Born Hustler
  • Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 26
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2007, 06:37:18 am »
Championship rings ni Shaq yun. At hindi kay Kobe. Naging champion lang si Kobe dahil isa siyang sidekick. At yun ang katotohanan.

Kobe is Shaq's bitch.

Pool Hustler

• Natural Born Hustler
  • Paparazzi
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 26
Finally, this is the reason why Kobe scored 81 points.
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2007, 02:27:03 pm »
Believe.

[youtube=425,350]L2hfr7OYqFA[/youtube]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2hfr7OYqFA

Kobe Bryant 81 point game "the prophecy of the phantom defense"

I added a contested shot counter. This is to show you how soft the defense was that night.

Oh yes this video proves to you how overrated this game is

--------

you will learn everything you need to know about this game in the video. But hoopsencyclopedia himself entered a few comments that I want included in the description:

"The problem with all games over 70pts is that they're all tainted by the fact that the total takes precedence over the game. Thompson's 73 was for the scoring title over Gervin against lowly Detroit. The Admiral's 71 also was for the scoring title against crap Clippers. Wilt's 100 was force-fed just for that total against the BS Knicks who won 21 games that year. Wilt's 73 (two times) came against crap NY and Chicago Packers. KB's 81 came against perhaps the worst team in history who admittedly played no D and 12pts of which came in garbage time. The only honorable top scoring games are Wilt's 78 (against a good LA team in 3OTS), Wilt's 70 (against a good Syracuse team) and MJ's 69 (against fierce rival Cavs).

Of course, Wilt scored over 70 5 times but lost to MJ in greatness due to his poor playoffs as well as other deficiencies. BTW, only 27% of KB's 50s have come against winning teams. MJ, an astonishing 71% came against winning teams. MJ played his best against the best and that's why he's the GOAT."

-hoopsencyclopedia

wise words from a wise long time fan of the NBA. when you see knowledgable long time fans, and you are a Kobe fan, stop getting defensive. He is a good player, just not as good as you guys keep saying.

-Bruce

CoitusMaster

• with great looks comes great responsibilities
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 1
  • ohhh yeah!
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2007, 03:11:53 pm »
basta ang masasabi ko lang kay kobe is wala pa rin siya sa standards ni jordan...i admit na hindi ko talaga gusto si kobe...he's a great player no doubt about that...pero in the sense na he really wants to be "like mike" ehh yun yung pinaka mali na...MJ will always be MJ...para sakin MJ is not the greatest player, but siya mismo ang NBA...kahit na nag retire na siya, his "moves" are still executed in the NBA and parang painting....example is the mona lisa...kung meron mang gumaya  ng mona lisa and mas maganda pa kesa sa mona lisa ehh iba pa rin yung mona lisa ni da vinci...its still the original kahit na mabulok pa yan or masira...its priceless in its sense... b*; bahala na kaung umintindi sa mga nasulat ko... laffman::  MJ pa rin mary jane!!!   laffman::  gun:: gun:: gun::
when life is like a bitch, you just have to stay sturdy and come with all of your might!

Master Dave

• Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 153
  • Master of none
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2007, 09:43:53 pm »
at least he had one assist!  laffman::

Imagine if Artest, Christie or Bowen was in Toronto.. hmm..

shivarobert

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 9
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 10:22:22 pm »
Championship rings ni Shaq yun. At hindi kay Kobe. Naging champion lang si Kobe dahil isa siyang sidekick. At yun ang katotohanan.

Kobe is Shaq's bitch.

"nicely said" pool hustler hehe

BADFISH

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma -4
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2007, 02:21:10 am »
sa lahat ng nagsasabi na malayo c kobe compare 2 jordan...

“I see a lot of myself in him. No doubt about it.”
—NBA legend Michael Jordan

when the great MJ says that he see a LOT of him in kobe...he really means it.

source:  http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Bryant/Bryant_theysay.html