Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Yes! magazine Philippines’ 50 Most Powerful People in Showbiz  (Read 7335 times)

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15
Seems whoever wrote that article in that magazine is pretentious or plain ignoramus or a paid hack who does not understand the dynamics of Philippine show business. From a financial view, power is money and who has the money is the one who has the power.  All those on the lists are basically just employees of those who have the power.  The powerful people are those who produce the money to produce those shows that those talents star in.  Even executives are just employees of the really powerful people.

Secondly, the listing is myopic in the sense that the gauge is based on talents of a TV station.  Philippine show business is not only television but includes movies, radio, cable and theater.  Did it include Mr. Tonyboy C who owns Channel 5 which is also in show business? Did it include the owners of Channel 7?  So Mr. Tonyboy or Mr. Duavit are not powers in Philippine show business?

Where does Wilson Tieng comes in who owns Solar which owns the rights to Pacquio telecast and who also happens to be in the movie business which is show business?  What leverage or bargaining chip do any of those talents or executives have when a big-wig, at a whim, wants to buy or sell a talent's contract overnite?

I was a movie producer before so I know what I talk about.  Even actors and actresses are just employees and producers can terminate their contracts at any time.  Even Steven Spielberg, an award winning Director and a multi-millionaire has to kowtow to the Hollywood powers when they have to clip his Dreamworks.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
yes, u just repeated and expound what i said. please read and who complained on the use of quotes?

Yes, I wonder why we see it differently. Probably you simply hate them or I like them. Like you said, its within us.

I quoted realg's post then posted a definition of the word dumb. What does that say to you? Didn't it occur to you that [I was saying] the quoted post was dumb? It's like holding something and saying what it is. How hard is that?

All Roads Lead to Espiya's Resident Genius, 123kid123.

Mods, mods! Help! I just got owned! - multimillion dollar man

I do have followers. They post everywhere I post. Do you?

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
Seems whoever wrote that article in that magazine is pretentious or plain ignoramus or a paid hack who does not understand the dynamics of Philippine show business. From a financial view, power is money and who has the money is the one who has the power.  All those on the lists are basically just employees of those who have the power.  The powerful people are those who produce the money to produce those shows that those talents star in.  Even executives are just employees of the really powerful people.

Secondly, the listing is myopic in the sense that the gauge is based on talents of a TV station.  Philippine show business is not only television but includes movies, radio, cable and theater.  Did it include Mr. Tonyboy C who owns Channel 5 which is also in show business? Did it include the owners of Channel 7?  So Mr. Tonyboy or Mr. Duavit are not powers in Philippine show business?

Where does Wilson Tieng comes in who owns Solar which owns the rights to Pacquio telecast and who also happens to be in the movie business which is show business?  What leverage or bargaining chip do any of those talents or executives have when a big-wig, at a whim, wants to buy or sell a talent's contract overnite?

I was a movie producer before so I know what I talk about.  Even actors and actresses are just employees and producers can terminate their contracts at any time.  Even Steven Spielberg, an award winning Director and a multi-millionaire has to kowtow to the Hollywood powers when they have to clip his Dreamworks.

Overall, I disagree. Look at it this way, take out the sound on TV and people would still be yelling.  ;D

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
Alam ko kung saan patutungo ang thread na ito.

::dontflame

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
And guess what? Again, I'm in the middle of it defending the topic from success-haters.

DjDaveTrance

• "A real man gives up one night stands, for a woman he can't stand one night without"
  • Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • Pioneer/VIP/Staff/Moderator
And guess what? Again, I'm in the middle of it defending the topic from success-haters.

No, bro go ahead bro.... this thread is still alive and kicking.......... Just chill down abit alright?
Its good to see a thread, in which bright minds argue. Well, lets keep it a healthy one, Ok?

Yuuko

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary appear before me

success haters? we just merely said that the criteria for being most powerful is not that clear why it's like that. we also said that most came from abs-cbn. and you already call us success-haters?

Yes, I wonder why we see it differently. Probably you simply hate them or I like them. Like you said, its within us.

I quoted realg's post then posted a definition of the word dumb. What does that say to you? Didn't it occur to you that [I was saying] the quoted post was dumb? It's like holding something and saying what it is. How hard is that?

hmmm... see differently? hmmm.. our opinions are same and only expressed differently but the content is still the same. hmmm why differently.

and if every single person here will say DUMB things to other people's comments, i don't think this forum will still exist. if you please stop those judgmental comments of yours?  if you don't like a person's comment just ignore it and continue to the next especially if you don't have anything good to say. there is also such a thing called as destructive way of criticizing people. Putting other people down wont make you be up high. Being assertive if okay, but being arrogant, especially in high doses? nope.

Not flaming mga mods :D just talking to this person.

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
@Yuuko - I was mocking you.

I'm taking a different approach. I'll discourage them from posting uninformed comments.

Humor me, do you have any other person that you would like to add in the list? Do you have data that would contradict the said numbers?

We can't go as high as bending the criteria for obvious reasons.

Yuuko

• SpyGirl
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary appear before me
@Yuuko - I was mocking you.

I'm taking a different approach. I'll discourage them from posting uninformed comments.

Humor me, do you have any other person that you would like to add in the list? Do you have data that would contradict the said numbers?

We can't go as high as bending the criteria for obvious reasons.

like i said... haiii... people think they're so high and mighty well in fact you're just one person. do i need to repeat?
who said i want to add any to the list? did i comment on "ay dapat si ganito andyan?" please quote if meron sa previous ko na mga replies. Do we need any proof? in showbiz, not everything is real. Were you there to see if they were not biased too? That's why they're so called list isn't reliable because they need to bend the rules. Yun lang sinasabi namin haii.. we dont need to prove anything to you kid.

if you need to discourage anybody or warn them, you need not embarrass them. or maybe.. you enjoy in other people's misery? you just showed everyone your real color

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!

why do some people hate to see other people’s success! Ewan ko nga ba… why some people don’t want to see other people happy!
If you can’t afford to buy a Mercedes Benz, and other people could buy two or three..the you begin to hate them…I can’t see the logic behind this notion!

Kung ayaw niyo sa no. 1 list si Willy then start opening your own publishing company and make your own list you could put your maid sa no. 1 and your self in no. 2 for all we care!
It only shows that some people want to level the playing field by putting down other people…

IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT THAT THEY ARE SUCCESSFUL!

"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
like i said... haiii... people think they're so high and mighty well in fact you're just one person. do i need to repeat?
who said i want to add any to the list? did i comment on "ay dapat si ganito andyan?" please quote if meron sa previous ko na mga replies. Do we need any proof? in showbiz, not everything is real. Were you there to see if they were not biased too? That's why they're so called list isn't reliable because they need to bend the rules. Yun lang sinasabi namin haii.. we dont need to prove anything to you kid.

if you need to discourage anybody or warn them, you need not embarrass them. or maybe.. you enjoy in other people's misery? you just showed everyone your real color

"In showbiz, not everything is real?" So what is unreal? You have to start somewhere, right? So basically you're saying the list is not accurate based on what? I mean when you contradict something like the tallest man in the world, you have to see or know that there is indeed someone taller than that man, right?

The list is called "Yes! magazine Philippines’ 50 Most Powerful People in Showbiz". Not "Philippines’ 50 Most Powerful People in Showbiz". That's why we can't go as far as bending the criteria.

My color has long been shown in this community. I'm inconsiderate, insensitive and I don't serve my thoughts on a silver plate.

@mod - Good day to you mod. I have to say with all our disagreements, we share an opinion this time.

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!

@mod - Good day to you mod. I have to say with all our disagreements, we share an opinion this time.

Did we??  ??? ok :D PEACE offering sayu.... heto....   :-*

"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

gkhan

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 15

why do some people hate to see other people’s success! Ewan ko nga ba… why some people don’t want to see other people happy!
If you can’t afford to buy a Mercedes Benz, and other people could buy two or three..the you begin to hate them…I can’t see the logic behind this notion!

Kung ayaw niyo sa no. 1 list si Willy then start opening your own publishing company and make your own list you could put your maid sa no. 1 and your self in no. 2 for all we care!
It only shows that some people want to level the playing field by putting down other people…

IT IS NOT THEIR FAULT THAT THEY ARE SUCCESSFUL!

Hindi pinag uusapan sa article ng magazine kung sino ang successful, ang listahan nila ay yung mga tao na they consider powerful.  Listahan nila yun based on their own assessment or evaluation.  This is not about putting down other people.  Yun ang pagawa nila ng category based on their short mindedness.  At dahil myopic at short minded ang writer at pinayagan naman ng Editorial Staff nila, meron pa ba kayang journalistic value yun?

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!

well if you are NOT putting down other people then the comment is NOT for you... l think kasi may basis naman sila of this list..
whatever it is they have their own reason/s they have shown their reason/s behind the list l bet you haven't read it!
 sa akin lang kasi if the guy is in number 2 or 15 on the list and you think he doesn't deserve to be there ka kanila na yun...

make your own list and l will appreciate it!!
  [/b] ;)

brucewayne

• the capecrusaider
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • isang Finger ka lang!
alam nyo magulo kayong lahat... ;D ;D ;D

i can see that iisa ang point nyo pero you all interpret in in a different way...kaya nangyayari nagkakagulo.

kung harapan eto, i think eto mangyayari...  toast::

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64
if you read the threadstarter post you will only see the list of people without the criteria. That's the reason why some react to that list.

like how come willie was number 1 and pacman was number 22, Pacman gave glory to our country and he was recognize d in the boxing world and yet he's number 22

then someone posted the whole article and now we saw the criteria how they rank their list so the problem was solved unless some people complicate things

how come we were called success-haters we just stated that the list was biased towards abs-cbn and was  very obvious

Is the word bias means success-haters

maybe 123kid was a ABS-CBN fan

Gkhan talking about Formal research with define variables.

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • LIGHTS... CAMERA... SHOW TIME...
like how come willie was number 1 and pacman was number 22, Pacman gave glory to our country and he was recognize d in the boxing world and yet he's number 22

tama ba ka dito... PACMAN brings honor to our country... how about WILLIE mayrun ba sya, i think mayrun.....yung 0....hehehehe....

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
if you read the threadstarter post you will only see the list of people without the criteria. That's the reason why some react to that list.

then someone posted the whole article and now we saw the criteria how they rank their list so the problem was solved unless some people complicate things

how come we were called success-haters we just stated that the list was biased towards abs-cbn and was  very obvious

Is the word bias means success-haters

maybe 123kid was a ABS-CBN fan

Gkhan talking about Formal research with define variables.

How did Manny Pacquiao shape the show business industry? Did he bring more money into the industry than, say, Willie Revillame? The criteria was dead-on clear.

So, now I'm an ABS-CBN fan? All I'm asking was where did your doubts come from? One have to wonder since all you've been saying is the list's wrong for some reason or fact you cannot share.

® A*S*E*R*O ™

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 4
  • LIGHTS... CAMERA... SHOW TIME...
CORRECTED KO LNG HA... baka ma misled yung statement ko... mahirap na....:lol:

tama ka dito... PACMAN brings honor to our country... how about WILLIE mayrun ba sya, i think mayrun... yung 0 controversy... hehehehe...

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Wag niyo na labanan ang statistics. Statistics nga lang eh.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

-=Kurabo=-

• Patience is a Virtue but Time is Gold
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 48
  • Kurabo
like how come willie was number 1 and pacman was number 22, Pacman gave glory to our country and he was recognize d in the boxing world and yet he's number 22 [/b]

regarding showbiz naman kasi.. more on sports kasi si Pacman.. dapat nga wala siya diyan sa listahan.. pero I still doubt na si willie dapat yung number 1.. sa kamanyakan oo :D

it ain't over. . .till its over

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
like how come willie was number 1 and pacman was number 22, Pacman gave glory to our country and he was recognize d in the boxing world and yet he's number 22 [/b]

regarding showbiz naman kasi.. more on sports kasi si Pacman.. dapat nga wala siya diyan sa listahan.. pero I still doubt na si willie dapat yung number 1.. sa kamanyakan oo :D

Actually he's part of the show business industry. Anyway, you could say that most of earnings don't come from the local industry. Its limited to his endorsements and production of his fights.

Idiot

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 64

People please read carefully

because some people don't read the whole post creating another reaction to another poster

The first reaction of the pacman was 22 and willie 1  because the thread starter didn't post the whole article creating reaction and I put my assumption "like"

some people just getting my example and they don't include my first paragraph

if you notice

there were posted comment before and after (because they don't read the whole post) someone gave us the the whole article

Manny Pacquiao, number 22!?? Yes must be kiddinn'

I partially don't agree on this Yes issue.

kalokohan yan c pacman #22 c willie pa ang #1 eh napa ka maniac nyan

please read the whole article before posting it complicates this topic and someone like to complicate things

123kid123

• Suspended
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
So I have to assume that people who posts here don't know what they're talking about?

Then, I apologize for my confidence on your ability to comprehend.

Belphegor

• You Can't Kill What You Did Not Create.
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 18
So I have to assume that people who posts here don't know what they're talking about?

Then, I apologize for my confidence on your ability to comprehend.

u that good huh?
Why stand on a silent platform? Fight the War, F*ck the Norm!