Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: VHROOOM - vhrooom  (Read 3298 times)

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
VHROOOM - vhrooom
« on: May 17, 2006, 12:39:10 am »
i need help on how to make my stock car into a VHROOOOm-vhroooom (pimped ride).
i'v bought a second hand CHEV optra but it still looks brand new, makinis and medyo mababa pa ang mileage. its all stock from the inside and out.

i need lots of idea coz medyo kunti lang alam ko sa kotse....  ???  ???
gusto ko sana na improve ang performance and looks nito. i want it to be a chick magnet. hahahaha  :o  :o  :o

heymyke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
Re: VHROOOM - vhrooom
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 10:47:52 am »
In my opinion, the biggest performance you can add is a good set of tires.  Go to tirerack.com, that site has plenty of information about which tire is best for certain situation.  To enhance the appearance of the car, a set of wheels will do the trick.  It is also available in that site. 

For the basic bolt-ons, there are the intake, headers, and exhaust system.  I think if you check the buy and sell section forum of this site, you will find some bolt-on stuff there that has been posted for sale.  Goodluck to you. :)

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 02:37:34 pm »
yah, agree wid myk, go for simple and basic stuf first...

airfilters, header, exhaust, suspension...that's pimpin 101....

but best thing to do is dapat alam mo kng anu ang ilalagay mo, dont jus go buy stuf that costs billions thinking its the best, n its better to know the stuff u put in your car para matuto karen...;D

sa tires, if u want to put big ones, go for 17's nalang, coz there's a great price increase between 17's and 18's na tires, plus its big enuf naren....but i think 16's pretty much ok na for your car....my opinion, think multispokes wud luk gud sa optra, kaso di ko pa nakikita eh...

some cars luk good with aftermarket tires n wheels, but sometimes mas ok if u lower it, kahet 2inches lng....shempre, if u put bigger wheels to it, tataas din ang ride height...

sa parts na pinost ko sa buy n sell, its for honda parts lng, though pwede ren ako magorder for you kng meron kang specific wants....

gudluk bro...:)

visca el barca!

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 10:21:02 pm »
thanks myke and carlos...

i'v open tirerack, i'v seen lots options for my wheels.....
i think 17" is gud perfect fit para madaling pansin ng mga tao. the bigger the better ba in terms sa rims? will i go for the shiny chrome bling-bling type? or yong hindi chrome? ano bang brand ang maganda? does it matter ba or basta it fits well and looks gud, ok na?

i knw air filter and exhaust but wats headers? saan ba ito lacated? is this one between the engine and exhaust? how to upgrade dis?

thanks talaga sa inyo mga bro......

heymyke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 01:55:11 am »
To my knowledge, headers is another term for an exhaust manifold.  You're right, it is the part that is between the engine and exhaust system.  The header basically lets the exhaust gas out a little easier than the stock exhaust manifold.

For the wheels, it all comes down to personal taste.  For me, I prefer the low key finish like grey, bronze, or black with silver lip.  However, keep in mind the weight and size of the wheels you are putting on.  The bigger and heavier the wheels, the more load it puts on the engine to get it rolling.  There are 17s and 18s that are lighter or almost the same weight as a stock wheel.  Like most things, there are compromises.  Generally, lighter wheels will not be as strong as the heavier ones and can be easily damage by hitting curbs or potholes.  On the other hand, heavier wheels will be slightly dented but still usable (from experience  ;D).  So just kinda keep those things in mind when choosing a wheel and the road condition (paved, unpaved, potholes, etc.) you will be driving on. 

For wheel brands I am familiar with:
1.  Konig-middle priced, from bling to racy styles, wheel weight tend to be on the heavy side.
2.  Enkei-middle to high priced, racing wheel styles mostly, light to medium weight
3.  Rays Engineering-expensive, racing wheel stlye, light

For more information about wheels and offsets go to http://sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0205scc_wheel_tech_guide/.  Hope that helps. :D

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 05:08:11 am »
haven't tot of considering the weight of the wheel. thanks bro...
so i should choose a rim that is as light or lighter than my stock car.

thanks din sa mga pics.....
about the headers, wat brands can u recomend? yong dili masyadong mahal coz pangpa-impress lang sa mga chicks ang takbo, not for racing....

i'v take note of the rim brands u'v told me. are they avialable in the phils?

thanks mga bro....

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 05:30:40 pm »
haha...ingat lng kung rays ang kunin mong wheels, madami nang lumalabas na fake na ganyan....

but if u wanna go for blingbling, go with forged...hehehe

ung mga binanggit ni myke na wheels, yep available dito yan...where are u based braveheart?

headers wouldnt really impress chicks, unless they know cars like the ramirez family....what impresses them more is your car's looks..

changing wheels n lowering your car's, but not too much, wud make it look gud....go with simple mods, unless u want to be a ricer...;D

sa headers, may preferd dn ako, apexi, dc, borla, hedman, gibson, edelbrock...search for them nalang sa net to know more bout them...

sa wheels nga pla, i like tsw, but i think 17's the smallest they make...

here, try this site, 1010tires.com

my friend told me that if u hav a pic of ur car, u can upload it there, then pic the wheel of ur chaoice, n u can see how ur car looks with it...

sounds great but i havent tried it though....

:)

pero shempre, for me, if ur car looks pretty, but doesn't hav the ooomph, its not complete...;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 05:32:35 pm by carlos 2.0L »

visca el barca!

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 01:16:25 am »
nasa cebu ako... may mga car acessories shop naman dito pero hindi guro lahat ng brand that u mention are avialable here.

basta mga bro, i'l go for the 17" rims and consider all things u both have mention and consider also my budget.... hehehehehe  ;D  ;D
i'l be checking some shop this weekend kng anong rims meron dito den i'l b asking u again before i'l buy it.

wat size of tire ba will i put on in pala? yong manipis, dba?

carlos, OOOMPH? the sub woofer and amps that blows chicks' skirt away?  :o
thats my next project guro kng hindi na tight sa budget. :(

ano bang subs & amps are in your cars mga bro?

heymyke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 11:59:28 am »
For the tire sizing, the key is keeping the tire diameter the same as your stock stock tire diameter.  The reason for this is that your speedometer will be kept accurate.

tire diameter = section width (mm)/25.4 X Aspect ratio/100 X 2 + wheel diameter

for example my car came with 195/65 R-15 tire, the tire diameter is 24.98"
now when I went with 17's, I put a 225/45 R-17 tire, the tire diameter is 24.97".  So, I pretty much have the same tire diameter and my speedometer is accurate to some degree.

About the audio stuff, I dont have any experience in that kind of stuff.  Although, I'm sure there are plenty of members who could help you out in that department.

keep us up to date bro   :D

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 02:00:12 pm »
haha...wat i meant by oomph is performance, but let's tackle that sum other time...

chek out the 'got ur car pimped' thread...;D

and nice explanation myke...

btw, for the audio, i jus go for quality, instead of the bayo factor....if uv got a sweet sounding car, y wud u drown it wd ur sounds....

think a 10" sub, amp, n a nice stereo's ok na...shempre dont forget the speakers n separates....

;)

pagkabili kana wheels post the pic here...hehehe

n para nga pla sa parts na bilin mo, like the headers n stuf, not all parts can fit to any car, meron car specific na part....make sure its going to fit yours before buying the stuff, lam mo naman dito sa pinas most parts that are being sold are for honda's or jap cars...

gudlak brader...

visca el barca!

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 09:12:07 pm »
mga bro, i went sa mga car accessory shops lst weekend and wala sa market ang mga rim brands dat u have mentioned.

most rims dat r avialable here are: concept one, nippon racing, rota and american racing. :-X Most of it are made in Taiwan daw. i'v seen nice design from concept one and its made in taiwan. Are those made in taiwan the fakes? there prices range from 29k to 32k on 17".

i'v also seen one Schumacher Rim and its also made in taiwan. its design fits for a sedan it bling also. is it genuine? wat the difference ba the fake and orig? madaling mabasag ang fake? madaling makuha ang chrome?

there "TFT racing" den made in thailand daw yon. heard of that rims?
there's also "ray engineering", made in taiwan den. orig ba ito? saan ba gawa ang RAY?

there are a few from japan but is much much expensive, i didnt boder to luk at the names.

sa pag ekut-ikot ko last weekend yong Schumacher ang pinakamaganda for me. Pero there are lots of nice design den for sedan sa Concept One. mga Concept One from taiwan, durable ba? orig ba?

mga bro medyo confusing coz medyo mahal ang mga rims. kng bibili ako dapat i like it talaga coz i cant afford to change it or buy other set. hehehehehe.

kng makabili ako i'l post it mga bro...

carlos, i'v notice it na most performance inhancements are for honda....
i'l focus muna sa wheels myke and carlos para di masyadong malito.  ???  ???

heymyke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 10:39:02 pm »
The wheel brand Kosei and Ray's Engineering are made from Japan.  I'm not sure what country Konig is made from.  For the Taiwan made wheels, I'm sure they are not as durable as the name brands.  Although, for your application Taiwan wheels should be sufficient.  As long as you pay attention to the type of road surfaces you are on, Taiwan wheels should be fine.  If you're worried about the wheel finish fading, you can always have them repainted. 

When I was in Bacolod, I saw plenty of people using imitation wheels like imitation Spoon wheels.  So imitation wheels are not that bad.   The prices that you mentioned I think are good prices.  I bought my wheels for 20k and its a 15 and a used one as wheel.

I havent heard of TFT racing brand wheels, I have heard of Concept One but not sure where it is made.

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 04:00:59 am »
thanks myke.....

anyone, do u happen to knw kng how much ang concept one na Racing Hart 17" silver diamond ang kulay na rims? have seen this rim mga bro? help me decide, if its fine....
coz i think this is the best i can fine here in cebu.... ???  ???

myke and carlos, saan ba kayo nakabase? sa manila? theres a concept one shop kasi dyan. do u happen to knw kng how much yon? so that i cud decide about it. ???

thanks mga bro...

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 04:47:55 am »
um, i think fake ung concept one, or imitation....

from wat i know, us gawa ang concept one, but i think nilabas naren ngaun yan dito, and 'wheel galley' lang ang alam kng official supplier nyan....kaso, i think masbagay ang mga wheels nyan for suv's and full-sized euro and jap sports cars.....but i think bagay ren yan sa opel mo....

here, m not sure kng tama pa to, but i think to ung website nila dati...

http://www.conceptonewheels.com

rota is a proudly filipino company, its owned by pawi.....and its begging to hav a rep to build quality wheels, its even used sa philippines touring car championships, kaya its ok to buy this....

me, dito ko sa makati....i can luk for ur wheels dito, dami naman shops sa fort....

visca el barca!

heymyke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 11:23:26 am »
I'm in the U.S. right now.  Racing Hart by Concept One, is that right?  The only Racing Hart I know is a brand of wheels.  They make some lightweight wheels, like their CP031 model that weighs about 9 pounds if I remember correctly.  So I'm sorry bro, I have no idea on the Racing Hart by Concept One.  Post a pic here if possible.

I didnt know Rota is made in the Philippines, Its gaining a reputation here in the U.S. as  lightweight wheels good for track outings.  The one I bought used in Bacolod is Rota, I liked it.  Hit a relatively deep pothole, where even big trucks slow down for it, went through it fast too.  The wheels didnt crack, it is bent and needed to be balanced  ;D.

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 12:44:05 pm »
i think meron ngang concept one na racing heart na model...i dunno kng dito lng sa asia sya nilabas....

kakabilib rota no? hehe...think founded sha by an italian company ang a pinoy...nung 90's lng sha naging pinoy owned nang binili sha...

visca el barca!

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 08:45:57 pm »
here is a pic of Racing Hart of Concept One.  ::)

bagay ba ito sa optra ko?
sa site na binigay ni carlos, its rili nice on a honda...
mga bro, do u happen to knw how mcuh is this? wala kasing price sa website ng concept one.

i need your comments so that i cud decide. thanks

heymyke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 09:03:17 pm »
that wheel would look good on any car.  I still have no idea how much a set of those cost.  Sorry again.

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 02:14:27 pm »
ya, definitely wud luk gud in your car...

for the price, la ren ko idea,....

but il ask around....

visca el barca!

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 10:23:01 pm »
mga bro, when i went to some accessory car shop here in cebu and ask about that racing hart wheel. they told me that racing hart of concept one is not that good anymore coz marami nadaw meyron nito.

will i still go for it? wud it be better to look for new design para unique ako? kailangan bang different ka from the rest?  ;D  ???

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2006, 01:01:21 pm »
wel, nuthing's wrong with that....di ren talaga maiiwasan na mayroon kang kapareha....

its up to you naman...for me, no two car's alike, unless both are stock.....its up to the owner naman how he/she wud make the car stand out....

visca el barca!

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 12:52:18 am »
carlos and myke, this is my new wheel.....
ok ba?   :o  :o  :o

17" racing hart of concept one.
wat will be da next project for car ba? any suggestions mga spy? para i can start saving na.
heheheheh....  ;D  ;D

thanks agen mga bro.

heymyke

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2006, 01:18:18 am »
If I was a chick, I would definitely drop by underwear inside that car  ;D ;D.  Kidding.  I like it man.  Nice and a clean look.  If it was my car, I would do the engine next with the basic bolt-ons.

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 05:19:40 pm »
nice ride braveheart.....

the wheels luk gud on your car....

for, drop the car, but not much...2 inches wud do....jus to make it luk even more sporty....

air filters and mufflers wud be ur next step...hehe

==========

nga pla, how much dit it cost u? hehe....

n what tires did u buy? cant tel from the pic....
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 05:21:53 pm by carlos 2.0L »

visca el barca!

braveheart

• Pioneer
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma -1
  • racing hart
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2006, 02:28:16 am »
thanks carlos & myke...  :D  :D  :D

30k ang rims. and for the tires its NANKANG (205/45 jst an info), its made in taiwan.
i think this tire is good coz sa shop na binilihan ko wala pang bumabalik daw dahil nasira or
pumutok ang gulong. it also has a rim protector, makapal ang side nito so hindi
nakakasira ng rims kng medyo malubak ang kalsada and worst kahit marun flat mo.
for me its tire groves luks like falken. hehehehehehe.   :o  :o  :o
lastly, medyo cheap den cya compared sa mga sikat na brand

drop the car, but not much...2 inches wud do....jus to make it luk even more sporty....

wat u mean carlos? lower it by 2 inch? cut the spring ba by 2 inch? or add a skirt na 2 inch?

about the air filters: my stock air filter is "box shape", can i change it to "round shape"?
round shape kasi ang nasa mga shop, dba? universal ba ito? fits all cars? when i ask a
technician, he told me na efit lang daw and add tubing also, baka daw makasya.