Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Vehicle Alarm, etc.  (Read 1624 times)

praeto_RYAN

• It is an adjective, not a noun!
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
Vehicle Alarm, etc.
« on: May 27, 2013, 10:02:32 pm »
curious as to what people here in espiya employ to protect their vehicles, as well as the things inside it, from theft.  my old car is rigged with a generic alarm courtesy of suking talyer (cobra brand) and the other one is equipped with a casa-installed one.  when out on a long trip (not in my area), i usually install a "the club" type rig just for visual-deterrence since i know it will only take a thief a few seconds to saw of s portion of the steering wheel if not take it off completely.  i am thinking of "upgrading" to a different alarm however i don't know shit what is "good".  likewise, is it "legal" to install sort of a "vault" on the floor to stash valuables when on the road.  book size / type is what i am thinking and i want it fixed on the floor at the back / compartment.

what are you, my fellow spies, using for your vehicle protection.  any recommendation, real-life experience, etc will be very much appreciated.  anyone have experience with autopage, viper and the likes?  ballpark figure for a custom install and location of dealer.  not much available here in the province and im off to manila in a week hence i need input guys, so please bear with me.   
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: Vehicle Alarm, etc.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »
On topic  : di ko alam anong tawag dito but this one is good  ;D it locks the pedal steady and may special key sya

Off Topic : meron ba kayong idea how to install Keyless entry? gusto ko lagyan yung akin , kaso di ako marunong maglagay at mahal magpa kabit

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 12:45:08 am »
unfortunately our cars will never be secured here in pinas even if you have the best security devices, even hiring a trusted driver to watch over your car is risky. The best security is prevention! and to prevent it we have to downgrade our cars to lower models like kia pride haha. my good old 1995 civic has never been targeted by thieves di kasi takaw mata haha.

*schizophrenic*

• Regional: Cebu
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 9
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 01:02:02 am »
carnappling is not that rampant in our place that a typical alarm system is sufficient.

in my old car, i made a modification that you have to step the clutch pedal to make it start, even if you jump start, it wont start since the circuit is open

try mo ganyang style sir.. i mean not that way but you can modify something in the wiring system na ma disable yung starting and you have to do this secret way..

in that way, the only way it can be stolen is if iitow :)

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 01:47:27 am »
thanks for the reply mga espiya.  although hindi naman po siguro "hot item" ang long-distance vehicle ko, hence, carnapping is not that much of a worry. ;D  what i am more concerned about is break-ins when i am away from it, hence i like a more advanced alarm system, to protect the contents of the vehicle as well as the vehicle itself.  ive seen in youtube viper and autopage and i am interested in the "page" or "txt" function when an alarm is set.  i usually carry when permitted and oftentimes i leave my full-size when i leave my car in a parking lot or something and i am concerned that my vehicle gets targeted for what is in it, hence i am contemplating in installing a safe, if possible.  my paranoia is raised recently since someone i know just had his vehicle broken-in and they took his pistol and rifle.     

kenji, ito ba yung steering wheel to brake pedal lock system?  can't seem to see one being sold here hence i settled for the much less steering wheel lock AKA "the club" just for its visual deterrence value. 
When you brighten another's path, you also brighten your own. - Transsiberian (2008)

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29:07 am »
thanks for the reply mga espiya.  although hindi naman po siguro "hot item" ang long-distance vehicle ko, hence, carnapping is not that much of a worry. ;D  what i am more concerned about is break-ins when i am away from it, hence i like a more advanced alarm system, to protect the contents of the vehicle as well as the vehicle itself.  ive seen in youtube viper and autopage and i am interested in the "page" or "txt" function when an alarm is set.  i usually carry when permitted and oftentimes i leave my full-size when i leave my car in a parking lot or something and i am concerned that my vehicle gets targeted for what is in it, hence i am contemplating in installing a safe, if possible.  my paranoia is raised recently since someone i know just had his vehicle broken-in and they took his pistol and rifle.     

kenji, ito ba yung steering wheel to brake pedal lock system?  can't seem to see one being sold here hence i settled for the much less steering wheel lock AKA "the club" just for its visual deterrence value. 

sa pedal lang yung akin sir...it locks the pedal steady kahit anong apak mo naka stay lang yung pedal

praeto_RYAN

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 77
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 04:33:35 am »
sa pedal lang yung akin sir...it locks the pedal steady kahit anong apak mo naka stay lang yung pedal

thanks sa info sir. 

wala ba may experience dito with viper or autopage?  interested ako dun sa notification via sms kasi nga ang kinakatakot ko ay yung vehicle break-ins while i am away.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »
thanks sa info sir. 

wala ba may experience dito with viper or autopage?  interested ako dun sa notification via sms kasi nga ang kinakatakot ko ay yung vehicle break-ins while i am away.

alam ko nasa $700 dollars yung Viper unit lang yun , wala pang installation fee