Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Q: Ford Focus vs. Honda Civic FD  (Read 1536 times)

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
Q: Ford Focus vs. Honda Civic FD
« on: March 17, 2013, 11:12:16 pm »
Question lang sa mga ka espiya.

Im planning to buy a second hand car and the Ford Focus 1.8 hatch and Honda Civic FD 1.8  (2008-2010 models) are on the top of my list. I would like to ask how these cars compare with each other in terms of performance, comfort, fuel consumption and reliability. Inputs from those with personal experience with these cars would be greatly appreciated.    toast::

beaverjohn2006

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 187
  • CIA
Re: Q: Ford Focus vs. Honda Civic FD
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 11:39:06 pm »
mag civic ka nalang... mas maluwang at matipid sa gas..

pero kung like mo talaga astig dating at comfortable masyado, maganda quality sounds, mabilis. "like ng gulong ko" ;D

go to lancer EX...  1liter hiway 12 to 14km. city niya is 8 to 10km... depend sa pagtapak mo sa gasolinador.

if you choose between civic and focus, civic nalang.

Ilonggo-by-blood

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 37
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 11:41:38 pm »

For me sa Porma Honda Civic madaling set up at e accessorize.. Pero kung mas malapit ang Ford service center sa inyo mas ok ang Focus. Test drive mo both kung saan mas hiyang ka. But anu planu mo pang tagalan mong gagamitin? if you tend to keep it for the next 10 to 15 years Ford has cheaper spare parts at magagamit mo ibang brand sa engine.

But over all Kung saan ka hiyang sa pagmamaneho kasi stressful din kasi mag drive kung hindi ka hiyang sa sitting poistion acceleration ergonomics etc...
mag civic ka nalang... mas maluwang at matipid sa gas..

if you choose between civic and focus, civic nalang.

Pareho silang 1.8

although I would also prefer Civic kasi it would takes years bago nila mag face lift so kahit anung year ang Civic mo still looks the latest

Type_One

• Power-UP!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 282
  • SPOON's Next Door Neighbor...DRIFT it FURTHER!
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 12:38:48 am »
you don't want the Focus 2.0TDi? That one received good reviews coz since it's diesel, it has stronger torque, and ofcourse gas would come cheaper. But also, the focus is roomier, but if you dont need that much room, go for the FD...ofcourse just because of the "Honda" reputation
Be a Star but NEVER act friendly...
(Wipe Me Down)

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:30 am »
you don't want the Focus 2.0TDi? That one received good reviews coz since it's diesel, it has stronger torque, and ofcourse gas would come cheaper. But also, the focus is roomier, but if you dont need that much room, go for the FD...ofcourse just because of the "Honda" reputation

The diesel variant is a more expensive. Beyond my budget na. Kaunti nalng brand new honda city or vios na ung presyo ng Focus Diesel.

Maraming salamat sa mga nag reply. Any idea kung ano fuel consumption?