Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Chronology of N. Korea's missile program  (Read 3174 times)

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!
Chronology of N. Korea's missile program
« on: July 05, 2006, 06:50:57 am »
Chronology of N. Korea's missile program

A timeline on missile development in North Korea.

Aug. 31, 1998: North Korea fires a multistage Taepodong-1 missile over Japan and into the Pacific Ocean.

Sept. 13, 1999: North Korea pledges to freeze long-range missile tests.

Sept. 2002: North Korea pledges in summit talks with Japan to extend its moratorium on missile tests beyond 2003.

May 2004: North Korea reaffirms its missile moratorium in summit talks with Japan.

May 2005: North Korea fires a short-range missile into the Sea of Japan.

March 2006: North Korea fires two short-range missiles.

May 18: Japan says North Korea moved a missile to a launch site. Media reports identify it as a Taepodong-2.

June 7: South Korea expresses deep concern over signs North Korea may be preparing to test fire a ballistic missile.

June 14: The U.S. ambassador to South Korea warns of American countermeasures if North Korea conducts a missile test.

June 16: The U.S. says a test of a Taepodong-2 long-range missile may be imminent.

June 18: North Korea vows to increase its "military deterrent" to cope with what it called U.S. attempts to provoke war.

June 20: A North Korean official is quoted as saying the country is not bound by 2002 Pyongyang Declaration moratorium on missile tests.

June 21: U.S. President George W. Bush warns North Korea faces further isolation if it test fires a long-range missile.

June 21: A North Korean diplomat in New York demands direct talks with the U.S. Washington rejects the demand.

June 28: Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao says North Korea should refrain from aggravating regional tensions with missile launch.

June 29: Bush warns a North Korean missile launch is unacceptable. Visiting Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi says a launch would be followed by "various pressures."

July 3: North Korea says it would respond to a pre-emptive U.S. military attack with an "annihilating strike and a nuclear war."

July 5: North Korea launches a series of missiles.

***got this from igma.tv

---------

mga ka spies wath can you say about this?

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
Re: Chronology of N. Korea's missile program
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 07:26:00 am »
gee.. I've heard that the taepodong-2 missile has a range of 6000km.. kung di me ngkakamali aabot un hngang Alaska, USA.. buti nlng palpak hehe.. niwei. tingin ko eh gusto lng ng N.Korea ng konting atensyon.. It would be insane for them to actualy shoot missiles to other countries.. sa tingin ko kc eh hnd nmn ganun kalakas ang armed forces ng N.Korea kaya mlmng na gusto lng nila mgpapansin..

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 08:54:32 am »
sana lang nde magmatigas mashado itong north korea.  nde mo alam pag nagtest launch uli cla ng missiles, pwede bumagsak to anywhere. pwedeng madaming madamay.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 12:12:51 pm by madcarabao? »

NaUTi

• "NaUTi Na WHoLESoMe"
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 5
  • "JuST CaLL Me NaUTi"
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:29:17 am »
pero kahit na di masyadong malakas ang armed forces nila...pag nagpakawala sila ng mga nuclear missiles sa mga bansa...malaking chaos ang magagawa nito...just think of how many casualties it would cause kung sumabog ang isang nuclear missile sa isang major city ng isang bansa...and to think hindi lang isa ang kaya nilang i-launch...its a scary thought...

kronny20ph

• Active - First Star
  • Karma 1
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 02:00:41 pm »
sana wag mag kakatotoo madaming madadamay and mawawalan ng spy viewer and reader sa los angeles, taga dito ako eh... sabi sa news and my friend told aim daw and west coast naguguluhan nga ako.... mga papansin lang yan siguro pero sabi nila matindi daw and korea sa war gadgets and loko din ang mga yan

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 07:42:37 pm »
gee.. I've heard that the taepodong-2 missile has a range of 6000km.. kung di me ngkakamali aabot un hngang Alaska, USA.. buti nlng palpak hehe.. niwei. tingin ko eh gusto lng ng N.Korea ng konting atensyon.. It would be insane for them to actualy shoot missiles to other countries.. sa tingin ko kc eh hnd nmn ganun kalakas ang armed forces ng N.Korea kaya mlmng na gusto lng nila mgpapansin..

that missile launch is not "palpak" as uv'e said..it is only a test! meaning dont hav WARHEAD that can carry arms...Hope that this conflict may not coz WWIII...pray for this guys!!! Nobody wants to make another chaotic and destructive seen.... :'(
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

foreveryoung

• Rev the Power Within You
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
  • Cognitio Potentia Est : KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 12:57:43 am »
I hope and pray that world leaders will come to their senses, especially north koreans officials, that all wars that had happened in this world had only brought destruction.....

The world is on the brink of war !!! i hope not, the proximity of the phils. from north korea will evetually exploit in case the allied forces decided to attack NK, RP will be a launching pad and Nk in retaliation.... o my God..

Cross your fingers comrades.... the time of depression here comes again...
The nature of a breakthrough is for you to stand on what you have gotten.On what's been
important to you,
what's touched you,
what's inspired you,
what's turned you on.
To stand on that value you've already created for yourself and look out at the possibility
for being alive that opens up.

ZR

• Your Servant
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 6
  • Learn and Enjoy....
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 12:58:49 am »
N korea maybe nasa edge kung sa nukes... they want attention.. then US blocked lahat ng Goods(import and export) hirap sila sa pagkain...

greenjoseph

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 46
  • "do unto others what u want others do unto you."
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 05:02:35 am »
Don't worry mga ka-spies, taepodong-2 may be as powerful as it can be, to the extent that it could reach as far as some part of the United states (how much more the adjacent asian countries) and could kill millions, there is still one thing that is more powerful.  Its our Prayers accepted and heard by God.  Whatever intention North Korea may have in mind, it God won't allow such to happen wala rin, baka hanggang test and test lang sila.  kaya lets all pray for PEACE!

HaLLerZ

• come and have a taste of me....sup!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma -2
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 05:08:37 am »
yan ang mga taong walang magawa sa buhay nila...at saka kulang sa pansin yun...kaya kinukuha nila attention ng buong mundo.

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 09:28:30 am »

that missile launch is not "palpak" as uv'e said..it is only a test! meaning dont hav WARHEAD that can carry arms...Hope that this conflict may not coz WWIII...pray for this guys!!! Nobody wants to make another chaotic and destructive seen.... :'(

Bro, I know that its just a test and that it has no warhead..  but it blew up 40seconds after lunch, so, if the north koreans didnt do it on purpose, then its definetly a failure.. anyway.. as I've said.. it would be insane for N.Korea to use those missiles against other countries and more insane to even consider lunching nukes.. I think they very well know that it would end to the complete destruction of their nation..

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 09:39:36 am »
mga bro's n sis, why do u think kelangan nila magkaroon ng mga ganung arms? for protection against US? ok sabihin na nating protection. e kung wala clang nuclear weapons, d nde cla guguluhin n2ng strong countries... kung iattack man sila ng US, e nde nman sasangayon ang ibang countries dahil nde naman magiging clear ung reason. and this will create conflicts againts US.  there are still options aside from war, kaya for me, i think something is wrong with NK. and i think US will not go at war with them not unless they are provoked or attacked by NK. and kung may gawin man ang NK e makakalaban nya ang buong mundo.

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 09:58:13 am »
jus the same as the u.s. having its arms n weapons of mass distruction....

for me, its jus a some sort of intimidation....saying na, 'if u attack us, we hav the weapons'...

visca el barca!

tigerwing

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 54
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 10:31:35 am »
jus the same as the u.s. having its arms n weapons of mass distruction....

for me, its jus a some sort of intimidation....saying na, 'if u attack us, we hav the weapons'...

I agree.. Its all abt saying that "we're capable of figthing back" plus its not just NK who is developing their nuclear capabilities.. India and Pakistan are confirmed to have nukes. U.K, France and China also have their fair share of nuclear weapons.. But its The U.S and the former Soviet Union who took it to the extream.. and come to think of it, its actualy the US who started this nuclear fiasco.. they wer the first to develop and actualy use nukes remember? they're the one who started this arms raise.. the irony is that they are asking other countries not to develop this weapons but they themselves have a massive stock pile of it.. the US says that they no longer produce it but they still have thousands of warheads..

King CARLOS I

• cules, im not....
  • Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 20
  • -piR-
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2006, 11:11:35 am »
yup...

n if ever nokor does hav a nuke, kahit isa lang, i dont think theyd be stupid enuf to launch it against the us, coz for sure nato n the eu wud retaliate.....nokor wud be obliterated off the map.....

visca el barca!

-Anti-BAYOTicâ„¢-

• can2terorist PARACETAMOD MEDJAKOL
  • Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 13
  • Basta count to ten laang ng count to ten
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2006, 01:25:44 pm »
Wow its a great discussion...nyway dont wori guys..SUPERMAN is here! nabuhay este nagbalik na ulit sya,ehehe  ;D PEACE!!!
Awake to righteousness,and do not sin; for some do not have the knowledge of GOD 1 corinthians 15:34

Seek N Strike

• tribong tagasumbong
  • Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 1
  • back to the primitive! wer everythin is simple!
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2006, 01:02:36 am »
i heard about this typondong missile, pero hindi tlga sila papayagan ng U.S. na magtest ng missiles, dhil oras na nilunch yun, pasasabugin ng U.S. un bago pa bumagsak,

at kung ito ay babagsak at magkakaroon ng destruction, gegerahin daw sila ng Japan, 100% sure ang Hapon dito, kc hindi namn ito ang unang beses na magtetest ang North Korea ng weapons nila, ung una tumama sa Japan, so walang nagawa ang Japan dito, so sa pagkakataon na to, pagtinuloy ng N. Korea yan, siguradong Susugurin sila nga Japan!

the quick brown fox jump over the lazy dog!

foreveryoung

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 03:16:03 am »
a write up from philippine star... which is well, has a nerve-chilling effect

A high-level Chinese diplomatic mission to Pyongyang has reportedly failed to produce any breakthroughs in the effort to get the Kim Jong-Il regime to address the crisis caused by North Korea?s recent testing of long-range ballistic missiles. This is distressing news and a matter which we in this country should not ignore.

If the prospects of a serious confrontation between North Korea, on the one hand, and South Korea and Japan, on the other, become imminent, the Philippines will inevitably be drawn into the melee, if only because of our geographic proximity to the contending parties. Think of it this way: If those Taepodong II missiles have the capability to reach the United States, which admittedly some experts dispute, how safe are we in this country? The overall complexion of the security situation in Asia will also change, possibly irrevocably.

The reason is that Japan, as a matter of self-defense, has become so worried about the North Korean action that it has threatened to re-arm itself and even undertake a preemptive strike. While this is technically contrary to the Japanese Constitution which has, since the end of the Second World War, allowed only defensive capability, the Bush Doctrine has redefined defensive action to include pre-emptive strikes, for which offensive capability is axiomatic.

The nature of a breakthrough is for you to stand on what you have gotten.On what's been
important to you,
what's touched you,
what's inspired you,
what's turned you on.
To stand on that value you've already created for yourself and look out at the possibility

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 09:43:06 am »
thanx for the info bro. did the chinese made a move na ba to spy on NK?

foreveryoung

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma -13
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 12:55:39 am »
thanx for the info bro. did the chinese made a move na ba to spy on NK?

Sir, if i recall and my thinking permits , the NK ( or the korean peninsula in that matter) and china shares the same animosity towards Japan, during the imperial colonization of the two for more than 30 decades during the early 20th century.... and worse they (NK and China) are treated by Japan as second rate..... remember china roared a protest when japanese PM Kouzimi visted a war memorial shrine,, it draws flak from china to the whole korean peninsula... not alone time immemorial what had been transpired during earliest time..

in this historical preference , i think china will not make any move like espionage and forwarded to the western allies ( worse to japan and US)  maybe they will spy but china will use on their own advantage...
important to you,
what's touched you,
what's inspired you,
what's turned you on.