Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Bobby Lashley: From fake wrestling to mixed martial arts  (Read 1529 times)

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
Bobby Lashley: From fake wrestling to mixed martial arts
« on: March 23, 2009, 03:03:55 am »
Mas bet ko siya kesa kay Brock Lesnar who both made their way to the MMA world.

Masaya siya tingnan lumaban and just recently made another win. Sayang yung slated match nila ni Ken Shamrock at naudlot it would have been a fight of the ages.

Bobby Lashley is far from acclimated to the real stuff as he makes the transition from the fake world of pro wrestling to mixed martial arts. If it's John Cena or Batista saying he's going to rip your head off, you can just laugh it off. It's simply part of the act. In just his second pro MMA fight, Lashley admitted some of the pre-fight smack talk screwed with his head.

Using his wrestling and a big power advantage, Lashley rolled to a victory over Jason Guida on Roy Jones Jr.'s "March Badness" card but he said that the MMA veteran's mouth threw him off his game:

"He played a lot of head games before the fight," Lashley said in the ring following the fight. "He kind of pull me out of my training recommendations."

Guida, a late replacement for Ken Shamrock, turned the tables on Lashley at Wednesday's press conference (3:58 mark) and Thursday's weigh-in, by using some pro wrestling tactics. He got right in Lashley's face on both days and said he wasn't going to pull punches like they do in pro wrestling. Lashley reacted angrily on Wednesday by trying to choke Guida.

"I came in with the wrong frame of my mind," said Lashley (2-0), who gained the unanimous decision (30-27 on all three cards). "This is a gentleman’s game. We're not Neanderthals. We’re not in here to club each other. He brought me out of my match a little. I had to listen to my corner and pull things together."

Lashley scored takedowns in all three rounds and controlled Guida on the ground, landing the occasional elbow and punch. He also scored with the best punches of the fight. Guida ate a huge right hand late in the first round. But the most dangerous moment of the fight saw Lashley in a predicament. He charged in for a takedown about 90 seconds into the final round and left his head out for Guida to slap on a guillotine choke. Guida dropped to the ground and cinched in the choke. Lashley scrambled but stayed calm and popped his head out after 20 seconds:

"A hold like that is so tight, you gotta make a decision, do you want to be a champion or just another MMA fighter? I had to dig deep cause it was tight."

Lashley said it's time to go back to the drawing board at his training homes in Colorado and American Top Team in South Florida. The 32-year-old started training in MMA last year trying to make the move over from pro wrestling (WWE 2005-2008) after a decorated career as a collegiate wrestler.

He showed some basic MMA skills. At 6-foot-3, 251 pounds, he was able to overpower the journeyman Guida (17-20) and easily controlled him on the ground but also looked a bit gassed by the middle of the third round. When he did try to box, his hands were solid but his balance was lousy. Much like fellow wrestler Brock Lesnar, who is now the UFC heavyweight champ, Lashley showed good form with his right but was awkward with his jab hand.

Guida said before the fight that he was going to ruin Lashley's dream of fighting in MMA's major league, the UFC. If the UFC chooses to pass on Lashley, there's a good chance Strikeforce, the MMA fight company televised by Showtime and CBS, will scoop him up.

Lashley was slated to fight the 45-year-old Shamrock but "The World's Most Dangerous Man" was dropped from the card when he tested positive for steroids following a fight last month in California.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Pinoyspy is the reason why i surf the net!
Re: Bobby Lashley: From fake wrestling to mixed martial arts
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 04:39:30 am »
wow.. hanap ako video nito.

sa sunod sasali na din si undertaker.. chokeslam sila lahat. hehe :D

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:25:28 am »
hahaha....

nice one bro...si undertaker ha...l hope he is not that old para masaya ang MMA!

for Bobby Lashley well good luck...what l saw from sherdog is that heavy handed dae si Lashley!..
and the fact that he was snubbed by the WWE well MMA is not a bad idea dating college wrestler din si Lashley eh
"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

leightot

• Pioneer VIP
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 270
  • BEA SUZY! ftw
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 05:35:15 am »
si eugene kaya sasali sa mma? :D

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 05:44:22 am »
hm..magkahawig si anderson silva at bobby lashley :D
watched the fight nung si guida and lashley,puro parang grappling lang. kulang pa din.. sana magkaron sha ng jiujitsu or more elbows..

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:34:45 am »
hm..magkahawig si anderson silva at bobby lashley :D
watched the fight nung si guida and lashley,puro parang grappling lang. kulang pa din.. sana magkaron sha ng jiujitsu or more elbows..

l haven't watched it bro...

who won bro?
???
si Guida thanks!

"The Filipino people, imploring the aid of Divine Providence and desiring to lead a free national existence, do hereby proclaim their independence, and in order to establish a government that shall promote the general welfare, conserve and develop the patrimony of the Nation, and contribute to the c

madcarabao

• Chief Carabao
  • Gold Staff
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76

Master Of Disaster (m.d)

• Cool Cat!!
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 10
  • Let's GET it on!!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 07:43:46 am »

l haven't watched it bro...

who won bro?
???
si Guida thanks!

answered my Own question Jason Guida pala then......Lashley won Via decision!

Thanks anyway sa info bro about the fight!

toast:: toast:: toast:: toast::

nald

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • The
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 07:51:43 am »
mukhang kaialngan pa ng matinding training ni lashley...

na UD nya ang isang 17-20 na MMArtist....

The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again.

aktibista

• REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 30
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 06:00:12 am »
kung gaano ka boring si lashley sa WWE ganun din sya sa MMA tsk tsk

hennypenny

• ~Foot Fetish Guy~
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3