Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: (AFP) Now Holds Custody of PFC Joseph Scott Pemberton  (Read 9581 times)

A7x

• 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 149
  • Shhh.. Be quiet you might piss somebody off..
(AFP) Now Holds Custody of PFC Joseph Scott Pemberton
« on: October 22, 2014, 06:44:21 am »

MANILA, Philippines (4th UPDATE) – US Marine Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton is now detained in an airconditioned 20-footer van inside Camp Aguinaldo, the general headquarters of the Philippine military in Quezon City. He will be kept there for the duration of the preliminary probe into the murder complaint against him.

"At around 845 am today the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) received Private First Class Joseph Scott Pemberton from the US authorities. Accompanied by US and Philippine officials, he was airlifted by an aircraft from his temporary detention facility onboard USS Peleliu that is docked in Subic," AFP chief General Gregorio Catapang Jr announced Wednesday morning, October 22.

Pemberton arrived via a chopper at the Joint US Military Assistance Group (Jusmag) compound inside Camp Aguinaldo.

The 20-footer van is a facility of the Mutual Defense Board-Security Engagement Board. The facility has been there since 2000. He will be sleeping in a military type cotbed.

"The court will decide on the appropriate detention facility once a case has been filed against the accused," added Catapang.

Joint custody

Catapang Jr said Pemberton will be under the "joint" custody of Filipino and American soldiers.

"The personnel of the US Marine Custodial Unit will post guards inside his detention cell while the military police personnel of the Armed Forces of the Philippines will secure the outside perimeters of the facility," Catapang said.

The US serviceman is accused of killing Filipino transgender woman Jennifer Laude on October 11 in Olongapo City. The city prosecutor held its preliminary hearing on the case on Tuesday, October 22, which Pemberton skipped.

Pemberton was in US custody at the USS Peleliu, one of two military ships that brought American troops to the former Subic naval base for joint military exercises with the Philippines a couple of weeks ago.

He is the first American soldier to be detained in Camp Aguinaldo in recent history.

"The US government is sensitive to our feelings. They want to show they respect our justice system," Catapang told a press conference. He explained that the decision to detain him in the facility was "mutually agreed by both countries" through the embassies.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
Re: (AFP) Now Holds Custody of PFC Joseph Scott Pemberton
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 06:56:44 am »
diplomatic agreement same as before , remember that "rape" victim then a few months later she applied for a US visa

well im not saying the victim this time will do the same but the treatment for the Soldier on cutody will

this case is so wrong in many ways...  smoking::

they have been brief before sila bumaba ng barko but just like the old song says

"another one bites the dust"

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
  • We would like you to know a few things.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 02:29:16 pm »
The indignities we have to suffer just to keep China at bay.

I'd be curious to know what Filipino-Americans serving in the Marine Corps and the other branches of the U.S. Armed Services think about incidents like this.
Custodite fideliter quod quae credita est fideliter ad vos.

kenji_kulet

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 461
  • Special Skills: kalabit penge gang , taga jumper ng kuryente , sipsip gas at mang-buriki ng bigas
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:18 pm »
The indignities we have to suffer just to keep China at bay.

I'd be curious to know what Filipino-Americans serving in the Marine Corps and the other branches of the U.S. Armed Services think about incidents like this.

for a Filipino living in the US , I personally think that both parties are both stupid to be frankly

Stupid in a way that your a USMC,  it takes a lot of guts and sacrifice to earn that badge and Title and be part of the USMC and yey! You kill a harmless Person who happens to be not doing something to harm you or to kill you but you did kill a person

I personally think that PFC Pemberton have no idea of knowing that the victim is a Transgender , but I personally do believe that their CO ( Commanding Officer ) do brief them on whats on that City , what kind of people are they going to encounter in the community

but Marines are Marines and some of these Marines just Graduated High School to help themselves to get a scholar ship fund for College
but F.I.S.H. ( F*ck it Sh*t Happens ) PFC probably got shocked that He just got in bed with a Transgender so He did what He did

Now for the Filipino Transgender , video speaks it the transgender do flirt with Pemberton and yet there is this one German Fiance who is miles a way thinking that His partner is doing well and being honest on their relationship even tho it's work--ish but clearly you can see that PFC Pemberton is being drag by the victim's friend like they are going somewhere

is it a Hate crime? I dont think so...USMC are trained to kill , they are so good at it even JFK's killer is a Marine

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 10:16:18 pm »
for a Filipino living in the US , I personally think that both parties are both stupid to be frankly

Stupid in a way that your a USMC,  it takes a lot of guts and sacrifice to earn that badge and Title and be part of the USMC and yey! You kill a harmless Person who happens to be not doing something to harm you or to kill you but you did kill a person

I personally think that PFC Pemberton have no idea of knowing that the victim is a Transgender , but I personally do believe that their CO ( Commanding Officer ) do brief them on whats on that City , what kind of people are they going to encounter in the community

but Marines are Marines and some of these Marines just Graduated High School to help themselves to get a scholar ship fund for College
but F.I.S.H. ( F*ck it Sh*t Happens ) PFC probably got shocked that He just got in bed with a Transgender so He did what He did

Now for the Filipino Transgender , video speaks it the transgender do flirt with Pemberton and yet there is this one German Fiance who is miles a way thinking that His partner is doing well and being honest on their relationship even tho it's work--ish but clearly you can see that PFC Pemberton is being drag by the victim's friend like they are going somewhere

is it a Hate crime? I dont think so...USMC are trained to kill , they are so good at it even JFK's killer is a Marine

I'm reminded of an article in Vanity Fair regarding domestic abuse in Fort Bragg where one of the Special Forces personnel who was interviewed (on condition of anonymity) made this statement regarding the SOF's and the U.S. military in general: "Our job is to export violence."

Smitty Werben Man Jensen

• Once I met this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy who knew this guy...
  • 2006 Vanguards
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 56
  • who knew this guy's cousin!
  • Special Skills: Necromancy
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2014, 10:55:32 pm »
yung mga aktibista/militante nagwawala isuko daw si pemberton sa pinas

nung binigay si pemberton nagpicket pa rin, ano ba talga? haha

BlueAlphaZero

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 213
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 04:09:29 am »
yung mga aktibista/militante nagwawala isuko daw si pemberton sa pinas

nung binigay si pemberton nagpicket pa rin, ano ba talga? haha

I think the activists meant that they wanted PFC Joseph Scott Pemberton under custody of our government and not under U.S. custody.