Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Senate approve budget of binay  (Read 1219 times)

bouya harumichi

• "i only fight with people who look stronger than me! Else i can't burn!"
  • Mature (18+)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 76
  • Real Men Need To Stand Out
Senate approve budget of binay
« on: November 20, 2013, 10:33:42 pm »

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/531723/senate-oks-pork-less-binay-budget

MANILA, Philippines – The Senate has approved in the plenary  the   proposed P217 million budget of Vice President Jejomar Binay’s office for 2014  despite his  absence.

The original budget proposal was P417 million but the Vice President  himself  requested that the P200 million from that proposal be cut amid  perception that the amount was “pork barrel”.

No  senator   posed any objection when Binay’s own  daughter,  neophyte Senator   Nancy Binay, moved  for the approval of the budget on Thursday.

At the start of the proceeding  though, Senate  President Franklin Drilon inquired  if the chamber would  approve  the  budget of offices, whose  heads were not present.

“The father of Senator Nancy, Mr. President, is unfortunately not here,” said  Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero, chairman of the committee on finance.

“Mr. President, I think I have to move for the approval of  the budget of the Office of the Vice President because I might not have a home to go to tonight because I’m still staying with the Vice President,”  Senator Binay said.

“Under those circumstances, I think  the approval of the budget is in order,” Drilon said.

"If you don't know defeat, it's just because you have only ever been picking on people that weaker than yourselve. There's a word for that: embarrassing!"

subicboy

• 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 19
Re: Senate approve budget of binay
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 11:43:00 pm »
Kagagawan to ng mga bobotante e tsk tsk