Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Happiness and Your Own I.Q.  (Read 1944 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Happiness and Your Own I.Q.
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:13:57 am »
share ko lang po yun excerpts fron the book of DR.Wayne W.Dyer (Your Erroneous Zones)

Happiness and Your Own I.Q.

Taking charge of yourself involves putting to rest some very prevalent/ common myths.At the top of the list is the
notion that Intelligence is measured by your ability to solve complex problems; to read,write and compute at certain
levels; and to resolve abstract equations quickly.The vision of Intelligence predicates formal education and bookish
excellence as the true measures of self-fulfillment.It encourages a kind of intellectual snobbery that has brought with it
some de-moralizing results. We  have to believe that someone who has more educational merit badges, who is a whiz at
some form of scholastic discipline ( math, science, a huge vocabulary, a memory superfluous(sufficient/excessive)
facts, a fast reader ) is "Intelligent." Yet mental hospitals are clogged with patients who have all the properly
lettered credentials-as well as many who don't. A truer barometer of Intelligence is an effective, happy life lived
each day and each present moment of every day.

If you are happy, if you live each moment for everything it's worth, then you are an intelligent person. Problem solving
is a useful adjunct (help) to happiness, but if you know that given your inability to resolve a particular to resolve a
particular concern you can still choose happiness for yourself, or at a minimum refuse to choose unhappiness, then you
are Intelligent. You are Intelligent because you have the ultimate the ultimate weapon against the big

N.B.D.---Nervous  Break Down.

Perhaps you will be surprised to learn that there is no such thing as a nervous breakdown. Nerves don't break down.
Cut someone open and look for the broken nerves. They never show up.
"Intelligent" people do not have N.B.D.'s because they are in charge of themselves.
They know how to deal with the
problems.Rather than measuring their Intelligence on their ability to solve the problem, they measure it on their capacity
for maintaining themselves as happy and worthy, whether the problem gets solved or not.

You can begin to think of yourself as truly intelligent on the basis on how you choose to feel in the face of trying
circumstances. The life struggles are pretty much the same for each us. Everyone who is involved with other beings in any social context has similar difficulties. Disagreements, conflicts and compromises are a part of what it means to be
human. Similarly, money, growing old, sickness, deaths, natural disasters and accidents are all events which present
problems to virtually all human beings. But some people are able to make it, to avoid immobilizing dejection
and unhappiness despite such occurrences, while others collapse, become inert or have an N.B.D.

Those who recognize problems as a human condition and don't measure happiness by an absence of problems are the
most intelligent kind of humans we know; also, the most rare.
Learning to take total charge of yourself will involve a whole new thinking process, one which may prove difficult
because too many forces in our society conspire against individual responsibility. You must trust in your ability to feel
emotionally whatever you choose to feel at any time in your life. This is a radical notion ( idea ).

You've probably grown up believing that you can't control your own emotions; that anger, fear and hate, as well as
love, ecstasy, and joy are things that happen to you. An individual doesn't control these things, he accepts them.
When sorrowful events occur, you just naturally feel sorrow, and hope that some happy events will come along so that
you can feel good very soon. ::flowers

The essence of greatness is the ability to choose personal fulfillment in circumstances where others choose madness.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:19:42 am by laces522 »