Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Anti-Love Quotes (maiba naman)  (Read 1180 times)

FerminaDaza

• Be your own Adviser.u know.and i know u know.I know because we all know.There's no getting away w/it.
  • Gold Member (Premium)
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 514
  • My only aim is to help, not convince.
Anti-Love Quotes (maiba naman)
« on: June 03, 2013, 01:46:28 pm »

Gotten burned by love? Play it cool with one of these zingers.

"Love is a many splintered thing." No truer words have been spoken (by The Simpsons, anyway). Whether it's a funny one-liner or a genuinely jaded jab, sometimes a great quote can really speak to what you're feeling — especially when you're feeling the sting of love gone south. "Love is a grave mental disease," you say? Touché, Plato. Touché.

Anti-Love Quotes From The World's Greatest Cynics -

1. "Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution." — Mae West

2. "Women don't want to hear what you think. Women want to hear what they think — in a deeper voice." — Bill Cosby

3. "Love is a promise delivered already broken." — Steve Martin

4. "Men should be like Kleenex: soft, strong, disposable." — Cher

5. "My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met." — Rodney Dangerfield

6. "Love is a temporary insanity curable by marriage." — Ambrose Bierce

7. "By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." — Socrates

8. "A kiss may ruin a human life." — Oscar Wilde

9. "My love life is like a piece of Swiss cheese. Most of it's missing, and what's there stinks." — Joan Rivers

10. "Love is a grave mental disease." — Plato

11. "You can't buy love, but you can pay heavily for it." — Henny Youngman

12. "Marriage is like a tense, unfunny, version of 'Everybody Loves Raymond', only it doesn''t last 22 minutes. It lasts forever." — Pete in "Knocked Up"

13. "If you want to sacrifice the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead, get married." — Katharine Hepburn

14. "Behind every successful man is a woman, and behind her is his wife." — Groucho Marx

15. "Love is an exploding cigar we willingly smoke." — Lynda Barry

16. "If you love something set it free, but don't be surprised if it comes back with herpes." ― Chuck Palahniuk

17. "Love is a trap. When it appears, we see only its light, not its shadows." — Paulo Coelho

18. "Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes." — Jim Carrey

19. "Love in action is a harsh and dreadful thing compared with love in dreams." — Fyodor Dostoevsky

20. "Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance." — Oscar Wilde

21. "A man is only as faithful as his options." — Chris Rock

22. "Romance has been elegantly defined as the offspring of fiction and love." — Isaac Disraeli

23. "Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell." ― Joan Crawford

24. "Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby: awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess." ― Lemony Snicket

25. "Love sucks. Sometimes it feels good. Sometimes it's just another way to bleed." ― Laurell K. Hamilton

26. "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman." — Samuel Taylor Coleridge

27. "Love is a many splintered thing." — The Simpsons

28. "God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time." — Robin Williams

29. "Falling in love is so hard on the knees." — Aerosmith

30. "You can never be wise and be in love at the same time." ― Bob Dylan

31. "My love is expansive. Your love is expensive.
" ― Jarod Kintz

32. "Love is only the dirty trick played on us to achieve continuation of the species." — W. Somerset Maugham

33. "Can there be a love which does not make demands on its object?" — Confucius

34. "A woman is faithful to her first lover for a long time — unless she happens to take a second." — Francois de La Rochefoucauld

35. "Married men live longer than single men. But married men are a lot more willing to die." — Johnny Carson

36. "No woman ever falls in love with a man unless she has a better opinion of him than he deserves." — Edgar Watson Howe

37. "A woman tries to get all she can out of a man, and a man tries to get all he can into a woman." — Isaac Goldberg

38. "A man's love is incomplete until he has married, then he is finished." — Zsa Zsa Gabor

39. "What's love but a secondhand emotion?" — Tina Turner

40. "People who throw kisses are hopelessly lazy." — Bob Hope

41. "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city." — George Burns

42. "Honeymoon: A short period of doting between dating and debating." — Ray Bandy

43. "I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." — Groucho Marx

lady_spyngtondo

• Active - Two Stars
  • Karma 13
Re: Anti-Love Quotes (maiba naman)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 02:01:31 pm »
natawa ako sa #18 hahahaha :D