Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: How to Email a Follow-Up Letter After an Interview  (Read 2282 times)

MiKeDaCuTe

• Laking Beer Brand!!!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 159
  • Kung Kaya ng Iba, Ipagawa mo sa Kanila...
How to Email a Follow-Up Letter After an Interview
« on: October 19, 2013, 04:05:33 am »
How to Email a Follow-Up Letter After an Interview

In a tight economy, making yourself stand out from other candidates for a job is even more important. Many employers, whether they work with large or small companies, indicate they appreciate follow-up letters after an interview. A heartfelt thank-you email may be the key to getting the job. Since such a letter is the last impression you make upon a potential employer, it is imperative that the correspondence present you in the best possible light.

Step 1

Gather the names and email addresses for all the people involved in your interview since you will need to send a thank-you to each of them.

Step 2

Draft thank-you notes to each of the members individually, rather than a single letter to the entire committee or group.

Step 3

Thank the people involved in the interview for taking the time to meet with you and express your continued interest in the job. Include comments that directly address a specific idea or concern that came up during the interview and how you can fix the problem or fill the role. End your email with a statement about how you look forward to hearing about the position.

Step 4

Individualize each note by adding a detail relating to the committee member's comments or questions during the interview or the person's position within the company.

Step 5

Apply business letter format to your emails. Your address and the date appear in the upper-left corner of the page. Skip a line and then type the recipient's name, the company name and then the company address. Add a salutation such as "Dear Ms. Jones." Business letters use a space between paragraphs and do not indent.

Step 6

Proofread carefully to present a businesslike, professional attitude. Check the spelling of the recipient's name, in particular, since a spell checking program will not catch such an error.

Step 7

Send your emails as soon as possible after the interview, no more than two days later.

Tip

If your email program does not have a spell check, type your letters into a word processing program first, run the spell check, then paste the finished product into an email.

References:
Code: [Select]
    Forbes: How to Follow Up After a Job Interview
    University of California Berkeley Law: Thank You Letters Following an Interview
    Virginia Tech: After Interviews / Thank-You Letters / Follow up

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
Re: How to Email a Follow-Up Letter After an Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 07:55:51 am »
sir,

paano ko po gagawin yung closing after ko ma-mention na "I would like to follow-up my application..." bla bla?
nahihirapan ako.
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.

MiKeDaCuTe

• Laking Beer Brand!!!
  • 2007 Bravehearts
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 159
  • Kung Kaya ng Iba, Ipagawa mo sa Kanila...
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:29:46 am »
sir,

paano ko po gagawin yung closing after ko ma-mention na "I would like to follow-up my application..." bla bla?
nahihirapan ako.

conclusion na sir... mention thank you statement sa naganap na interview...

and then another stanza something like this... "Should you have any more question or query regarding my capabilities and experiences, please dont hesitate to contact me at any time.

tapos dont forget to provide your contact number...

Pierro7

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 59
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:40:47 am »
conclusion na sir... mention thank you statement sa naganap na interview...

and then another stanza something like this... "Should you have any more question or query regarding my capabilities and experiences, please dont hesitate to contact me at any time.

tapos dont forget to provide your contact number...
ayun, sir! conclusion nga. dun ako nahihirapan.
salamat. isisingit ko na lang siguro yung recent interview ko sa isang Head nila or kahit wag na. nagpasalamat na rin ako sa umpisa pa lang eh.
namention ko na rin contact details ko sa application letter. so, wala na rin pala akong kulang.
salamat po.
A person becomes strong by accepting their fears.