Need Help? Contact the Espiya Helpdesk. CLICK HERE

Author Topic: Is Ricky Rubio worth the money for the Memphis Grizzlies?  (Read 2053 times)

maveriq96

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • banzaiiii!!!
Is Ricky Rubio worth the money for the Memphis Grizzlies?
« on: June 13, 2009, 04:32:23 pm »
Is Ricky Rubio worth the money for the Memphis Grizzlies?

::investigate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSBLKrZCkeU

edjaydaya

• Active - Top Level
  • Karma 3
Re: Is Ricky Rubio worth the money for the Memphis Grizzlies?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 05:11:04 pm »
This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.

yun daw.

efgen

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 07:47:46 pm »
ala tony parker... hehehe...

jflash23

• hindi dahil matagal kana sa espiya tama ka na..
  • 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
  • iba ang pisikal sa marumi..ROW 4
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 01:55:05 am »
mukhang pinag iisipan pa ng memphis ito eh..balak nila ipain for trade..marami balita na gusto sya kunin ng boston..cleveland..and other teams who need a guard..kung ako bagay sya sa new york..run @ gun with stephen curry

toast::

Paprika

• Melodramatic Fool
  • Deep Penetration Agent
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 16
  • Boy Haiku
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:34 am »
Marami pang kakaining... cereal ang Memphis.
I know a word that starts with F and ends in UCK. Firetruck.

maveriq96

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • banzaiiii!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2009, 10:04:50 am »
Marami pang kakaining... cereal ang Memphis.

hahaha.......nice one bro!.... ;D

on topic: pero bata pa ito at mukhang may ibubuga.......

..sa palagay ko nga ay mukhangt tama ka jflash......mukhang i-trade yun pick nila to other teams.......

visionguy

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - First Star
  • Karma 0
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 11:20:35 am »
sa tingin ko mas maganda i trade nalng ng memphis yung pick nila,, di nila kailangan c rubio because they have conley... tska sa tingin ko di kakayanin ng katawan ni rubio nba,, pang grade 6 yung body nya eh,,, isipin niyo na lng kung sumalaksak sya,, tapos humarap sa kanya c dwight howard pag minalas malas pa sya c shaq...  cguradong sira ang career nya...heheheh

mayki

• Pioneer
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 0
  • awts
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:59 pm »
who knows if he is worth the money right?

but one thing is for sure, memphis right now doesn't need a guard in my opinion  :D
aza

jflash23

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 02:57:45 am »
i think they need a legit center..

go for HASSEM THABEET

smoking::

Kal-El

• The Man of Steel
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
    • The Last Son of Krypton
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 08:22:19 am »
sa tingin ko mas maganda i trade nalng ng memphis yung pick nila,, di nila kailangan c rubio because they have conley... tska sa tingin ko di kakayanin ng katawan ni rubio nba,, pang grade 6 yung body nya eh,,, isipin niyo na lng kung sumalaksak sya,, tapos humarap sa kanya c dwight howard pag minalas malas pa sya c shaq...  cguradong sira ang career nya...heheheh

back on to the topic: I have one name for you, "Tony Parker." Exact same things were said of Parker, yet he is an NBA elite point guard now. Though I think Parker is better than Rubio at the same age, but it doesn't mean Rubio is that far behind. Furthermore, if he would really work hard, he will improve more than he thinks he can as the NBA can really do that to the hardest worker as the compteition is just through the roof. I agree with all of you that Memphis don't need him and will only be used for draft-day trade to the lower teams in the draft or even pass over Rubio and go for Thabeet or Hill as they really need to bulk up a bit.  toast::
"The son becomes the father, and the father becomes the son..."

maveriq96

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • banzaiiii!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 03:37:57 pm »
Grizzlies 'threaten' to take Rubio......

"The most accurate reports had Rubio in Sacramento over the past two days. Via Twitter.com, Rubio said Wednesday that he 'visit the Arco Arena ... facilities are brutal! Medical examination, all OK! Dinner with Paul Westphal, the new coach. Everything's great!' Wallace finally made contact with Rubio's agent, Dan Fegan, Wednesday after three days without communication. The Griz still don't have confirmed plans for Rubio to visit Memphis. Would the Grizzlies draft Rubio with the No. 2 overall pick? Absolutely. The Grizzlies sent a message to Portland and the rest of the league this season with how they handled the Darius Miles(notes) situation. Say what you want about owner Michael Heisley but he won't be bullied. Any direct snub or perceived threat by Rubio or his camp will compel the Griz to take him and maintain leverage. 'If we want [Rubio], we're going to take him,' Wallace said Wednesday. 'We wouldn't have taken a 10-hour flight to Spain if we didn't have interest in him.' "

source: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/18/more-questions-than-answers/?partner=RSS

mksantos92

• Active - Three Stars
  • Karma 3
  • it's beautiful! Beautiful Mind + Cheerful Heart
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 06:59:02 pm »
malaki ang buyout sa contract niya with Euro club at maging mas malaki salary niya compared sa ibang rookies sa 2009-2010 season  smoking::
'
A Beautiful Mind plus a Cheerful Heart is Beautiful

maveriq96

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • banzaiiii!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 04:46:47 am »
malaki ang buyout sa contract niya with Euro club at maging mas malaki salary niya compared sa ibang rookies sa 2009-2010 season  smoking::

kaya siguro nag dadalawang isip ang grizzlies....malaki nga ang buyout niya sa mother team (DKV Joventut) na nilalaruan niya as of now ($6.6 million?)

maveriq96

• 2008 Guardians
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 12
  • banzaiiii!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 03:13:09 pm »
update lang.... ::pampam

Grizzlies hold key to 2009 draft

The Memphis Grizzlies are trying to talk tough, saying they’re unafraid to draft Ricky Rubio with the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, but no one believes them.

Nevertheless, Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace finds himself in a tough spot. He has a volatile owner, Michael Heisley, puffing out his chest, and a player agent, Dan Fegan, threatening to embarrass the franchise should it try to take Rubio.

Apparently, Heisley has been as impatient as ever with Wallace. This ebbs and flows, but league sources say Pau Gasol’s marvelous play in the Los Angeles Lakers’ championship run has Heisley coming down on Wallace all over again for last year’s trade. Of course, Heisley pushed for the lousy Lakers deal, but that’s been lost in the revisionist history.

The Sacramento Kings had been the most likely team to cut a deal with Memphis to move into the second spot to take Rubio, but league sources say the Kings’ motivation to do so has waned. The Kings don’t want to give up Jason Thompson and their fourth pick to get to No. 2, especially considering there’s a chance Rubio could drop to Sacramento anyway. Fegan has no issues with Rubio in Oklahoma City or Sacramento, but he’ll be difficult if the point guard ends up in Memphis.

Minnesota’s offer of a package that includes Kevin Love and a first-round pick intrigues Wallace too, sources say...

source: http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=As_UeDIwXWnhdXR_aMhdzOfqbwM6?slug=aw-draftnotes061909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

jflash23

• 2009 Cavaliers
  • Active - Top Level
  • Karma 1
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 03:14:46 pm »
this is not FUN for memphis GM..

for me if i don't have a clear trade for RUBIO..

i will get thabeet..

thabbet @ marc gasol..thats a big frontline

smoking::